Jan 18, 2007

I am thinking of purchasing a week from redweek - how do I know that when I mail that check and head out for vacation the timeshare will be there and all is legit?

Becky L.
Jan 19, 2007

Are you renting or buying?

R P.
Jan 20, 2007

That safety factor is assured when you use a third party closing service to close the deal. They escrow your money so the seller is paid only when the deal is done and correct.

beckyl36 wrote:
I am thinking of purchasing a week from redweek - how do I know that when I mail that check and head out for vacation the timeshare will be there and all is legit?

John F.
Feb 25, 2007

If you are talking about renting, not buying, it does not hurt to phone the resort directly a few days ahead to confirm that they have put the reservation into your name. If you made your arrangements well ahead of time, you should have received a confirmation with your name on it, but the central reservation office of large resort groups have been known to forget to inform the specific resort of the change out of the owner's name. Or maybe the resort itself overlooked entering the change. Human error can occur. If you find a problem ahead of time, you can get back to the owners and have them straighten things out for you.

If the resort is not part of a chain such as Fairfield, Bluegreen, Westgate, Hilton, etc. the owner may have contacted the resort directly. I don't know whether such a location sends out confirmations, so in this case, it may be especially comforting to call the resort to be sure you are expected.

I believe problems are rare and seldom intentional when they do occur.

Mary D

Mary D.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.