Porto Azzurro Resort Malta

Jan 19, 2007

In my case I now consider case closed

John

John L.

Last edited by johnl386 on Apr 11, 2007 10:35 AM

Jan 30, 2007

Some very good news received today.

I had an email from the Malta Tourist Authority (MTA)saying that after contact by them with Porto Azzurro Resort the problem had been sorted.

I now have my RCI points membership after seven months of trying to get Porto Azzurro to do something.

All my thanks go to the MTA.

Needless to say I will not recommend anyone buy a timeshare at Porto Azzurro Resort.

Johnl386

John L.
Feb 12, 2007

johnl386 wrote:

I had an email from the Malta Tourist Authority (MTA)saying that after contact by them with Porto Azzurro Resort the problem had been sorted.

I now have my RCI points membership after seven months of trying to get Porto Azzurro to do something.

Needless to say I will not recommend anyone buy a timeshare at Porto Azzurro Resort.

Johnl386

Hi John, my friends purchased a three year timeshare from northern star travel october 2005 and are still awaiting paperwork as to their entitlement. they keep ringing malta resort but they keep fobbing them off. does this sound familiar as they don't know who to turn to now. Is this resort governed by a timeshare body? Mandy

Mandy R.
Feb 12, 2007

Yes me too, Despite attempts to contact them they wil not reply even after 1 year. I have no documentation to talk of and none has ever been sent. I understand that the Matltese Tourist Authority is the place to go. The RCI does not appear to have any authority over them despite having there logo in the site. It was there logo that gave me the confidence to set up the contract. Unless I get some positive feedback then I see the Timeshare industry has moved on very little from the bad old days.

Steve

johnl386 wrote:
Is anyone experiencing the same problemes as my wife and I with Porto Azzurro?

In June 2006 we converted our timeshare week to RCI points and upgraded (costing more money)

Since then RCI keep telling us that Porto Azzurro has not forwarded the correct information/documentation to enable them to enrol us.

Porto Azzurro just gives excuse after excuse

Is anyone out there having the same problems

John

Steven L.
Feb 14, 2007

mandyr10 wrote:
johnl386 wrote:

Johnl386

Hi John, my friends purchased a three year timeshare from northern star travel october 2005 and are still awaiting paperwork as to their entitlement. they keep ringing malta resort but they keep fobbing them off. does this sound familiar as they don't know who to turn to now. Is this resort governed by a timeshare body? Mandy
Hi Mandy, yes that sounds all too familiar, and I am assuming you are talking about Porto azzurro resort who are linked financially with Northern Star. I am not aware of a timeshare body that actually governs the timeshare industry. Help can be sought with Voice europe email address info@voice.eu.com. They are an organisation that gives help to timeshare owners in europe having problems with their resort. They will of course need scanned copies of all documents relating to the timeshare purchase in order to take up your friends case. Best of luck. John

John L.
Feb 14, 2007

stevenl81 wrote:
Yes me too, Despite attempts to contact them they wil not reply even after 1 year. I have no documentation to talk of and none has ever been sent. I understand that the Matltese Tourist Authority is the place to go. The RCI does not appear to have any authority over them despite having there logo in the site. It was there logo that gave me the confidence to set up the contract. Unless I get some positive feedback then I see the Timeshare industry has moved on very little from the bad old days.

Steve

johnl386 wrote:

In June 2006 we converted our timeshare week to RCI points and upgraded (costing more money)

Since then RCI keep telling us that Porto Azzurro has not forwarded the correct information/documentation to enable them to enrol us.

John

Hi Steve, sounds like you have a particularily tricky problem here as you say you have no documentation to talk of.

The MTA I have to say have little or no jurisdiction or leverage on the seller but may look into your problem if you could at least supply them with a scanned copy of your purchase agreement.

Your other option like Mandy is to get in touch with Voice europe. Best of luck John

John L.
Apr 11, 2007

johnl386 wrote:
stevenl81 wrote:

Steve

johnl386 wrote:

John

Hi Steve, sounds like you have a particularily tricky problem here as you say you have no documentation to talk of.

The MTA I have to say have little or no jurisdiction or leverage on the seller but may look into your problem if you could at least supply them with a scanned copy of your purchase agreement.

Your other option like Mandy is to get in touch with Voice europe. Best of luck John

Has anyone managed to get a holiday here? I signed up with Northern Star in June 05 for a 3 yr deal and like you have received no documentation at all from them. I did get an email of a booking form from Porto Azzurro after a lot of badgering, but no fax no. or any information on how to actually reserve a couple of weeks. I have come to the conclusion that this is all a big con. A big clue is that the registered office is in the British Virgin Islands. I even wrote to them there but it will be no surprise to you to hear that there was no response!! Lou

Irene M.

Last edited by irenem8 on Apr 11, 2007 09:28 AM

Jan 13, 2012

I purchased a 3 year deal for 12 floating weeks from northern star in feb 2010.i was told that i could go anywhere in the world from the RCI book i was given.Thes weeks would be FREE weeks with no other fees whatsoever. I could also sell or give these weeks away and i that i was WAS NOT purchasing a time share but a holiday club membership trial to promote tourisum to Malta. I ended up with a Timeshare at porto azzura that i can not go to as they continually refuse to take my booking and weeks banked with rci require an exchange fee. The MTA dont want to know and offer no help whatsoever. The salesman was RORY and his manager was a Mr Neil Holt who now works at the Sliemma wharf hotel and a Mr P J Quigley is now the boss at porto azzura

Mr C.
Jan 13, 2012

You were lucky as i have reported the scam to MTA but they refuse to do anything

Mr C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.