Country Club Villas

Deer Track Golf Course closed and loss of our Gold Crown status

Jan 21, 2007

We are very disappointed that Deer Track Golf Course has closed. Also, when we bought our 1 bedroom it was Gold Crown and now it has been downgraded to Silver which results in a loss of trading power. The roads into the units are nearly impassable and need paving. I am unable to attend the HOA annual meeting this year due to illness in the family, however I plan to be there next year. I have been making my views known to the management company and Board and would encourage all owners to become involved and attend the HOA meeting if you can. One suggestion I have been asking for is more activities at the resort, this doesn't have to be expensive and gives owners a chance to meet and interact ( coffee breaks, pot luck dinners, wine and cheese , etc. ) I get good ideas for travel destinations, what resorts to stay at, etc. when talking to other owners.

Sharon M.
Feb 11, 2007

Am looking to buy a week at this timeshare. What should I know before moving foreward?

Vcitor H.
Feb 12, 2007

vcitorh wrote:
Am looking to buy a week at this timeshare. What should I know before moving foreward?
received time share as a gift. Not been able to use yet. Have you been there and what is it like. jbortz@hotmail.com

James B.
Feb 12, 2007

jamesb181 wrote:
vcitorh wrote:
received time share as a gift. Not been able to use yet. Have you been there and what is it like. jbortz@hotmail.com
We bought a one bedroom there 2 years ago, haven't stayed there yet but have toured the resort. It has been good for trading and this year I deposited it for points with RCI. The units were updated with a special assessment before we bought, make sure they don't charge you for this, we were told we didn't have to pay it so when we got our bill I sent it back and they admitted it had been sent to us in error. The units are very nice, new furnishings, new carpets, etc. It is in a nice area near Plantation Resorts and bordering on the golf course that closed last Oct. It is peaceful there but still very close to the beach and all the activities of Myrtle Beach. The covered pool is large and is quite new. The downside is the roads are in terrible shape and need to be paved, I think that is the main reason they lost their Gold Crown status (when we bought it was a Gold Crown resort with RCI.) Since it is a weeks resort you can deposit your week as points with RCI if you have a points account. We have been pleased with our purchase at Country Club Villas.

Sharon M.
Feb 14, 2007

jamesb181 wrote:
vcitorh wrote:
no, have not been to the timeshare. Just wanting to see what other opinions were in regards to some things that I saw on the forum. Not sure if I want to purchase a week or go elsewhere.

Vcitor H.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.