Timeshare Exchanges

TRADING POWER CRITERIA.....

Jan 28, 2007

If you've often wondered what your trading power is at your owned resort(s), the following are the guidelines used by RCI:

1) Supply, demand, and usage of your week at your Home Resort 2) Supply, demand, and usage for all weeks in your resort's region 3) Comment Card ratings for your Home Resort (VEP) 4) Size and configuration of your unit 5) Seasonal designation of your Week 6) How far in advance you deposit your week with RCI

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Jan 28, 2007 09:36 AM

Jan 28, 2007

The first 5 criteria above can also be used when selling or renting your week(s).

R P.
Jan 28, 2007

jayjay, You appear to be a guru on RCI, did you ever work for RCI or a competitor. Stan.

stanleyf5
Jan 28, 2007

stan, no I do not (and have never) worked for RCI, II or any of their competitors, nor do I work in the timeshare industry.

We once owned 9 timeshare weeks, belonged to both RCI and II exchange companies and made many exchanges.

After we got caught up in the spider web of taking a timeshare tour and then to fall for their selling tactics by buying developer (it was too late to rescind after we found out about resales on the internet), I then educated myself on the topic of timesharing via a vast amount reading and research. We went on to buy 8 resales after the developer bought timeshare.

Education is knowledge and knowlege = power for the consumer. I like to pass on my knowledge to others.

I don't know much about points or the different vacation clubs such as Starwood, Marriott and others. My main knowledge is of the weeks system.

stanleyf5 wrote:
jayjay, You appear to be a guru on RCI, did you ever work for RCI or a competitor. Stan.

R P.
Jan 28, 2007

jajay, Thanks.

stanleyf5
Jan 29, 2007

You're quite welcome stan.

As you will notice I don't post in the points section and the different vacation club sections in the forums.

The only thing I know about points is that if we ever get back into timesharing it will be with points since they are so very flexible. You can use points for a weekend, a long weekend or short stays, not an entire week.

We don't care to stay anywhere for an entire week any longer. Our owned timeshare weeks came in handy when we exchanged for Sedona, Las Vegas, southern California, southwest Florida and other destinations far from our home where we actually needed a full week.

R P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.