Feb 04, 2007

I have read AI is not an option here. Does anyone know if that is the case?

Rhonda D.
Feb 07, 2007

yes

M. H.
Feb 13, 2007

Is it mandatory or is it an option. We do not want an all inclusive.

Stacey M.
Feb 16, 2007

stacey157 wrote:
Is it mandatory or is it an option. We do not want an all inclusive.

I was told it is NOT an option and is NOT available so we have booked there so I sure hope it is NOT mandatory as we are taking our whole family (11)

Rhonda D.
Apr 06, 2007

this is an not an all inclusive resort we are going in december. i looked under tripadvisor for great pictures and info on restaurants and pricing

Christine K.
Dec 19, 2008

This is not an all-inclusive resort but you can pay for an all you can eat buffet at breakfast, lunch or dinner if you like. There is also great food at the pool and drinks during happy hour. Your best however is to get groceries and make your own food.

C D.
Sep 22, 2012

This is NOT all inclusive. One of the few in Mexico. There is a small grocery with basics, and a shuttle $5 to Playa del Carmen directly to a large supermarket. The resort has 7 restaurants, a couple quite reasonably priced. Suggestion: a palapa is $35 for a day, but whatever you buy (salads, drinks, sandwiches) while you're in your palapa is taken off the original charge. You can eat reasonably and get your palapa for free.

Frederick M.
Feb 28, 2013

do you recommend car rental when you're at mayan palace?

Rowena U.

Last edited by rowenau on Feb 28, 2013 12:51 PM

Feb 28, 2013

Mayan Palace (and Grand Mayan) are NOT all inclusive. We go there because we couldn't eat and drink nearly enough to use up most AI charges. The kitchens are a little sparce--they want you to patronize the restaurants--but the food isn't that expensive, the little grocery has quite a few choices, and the shuttle to the Walmart grocery is the best choice to buy stuff for the week. This is a fantastic resort--lots going on, the most unbelievable pool you will EVER see. Enjoy!

Frederick M.
Feb 28, 2013

Whether you rent a car depends on what you want to do. You can enjoy Playa del Carmen--shops, restaurants etc. plus beach, just by going on the shuttle. You can buy many different tours at the resort, most not that much more expensive than a car for the day, and definitely more interesting. I recommend Xcaret and Chichen itza. And there's so much to do at the resort, that you wouldn't use the car more than a day or two anyway.

Frederick M.
Jun 02, 2017

We have a week booked at the maya riviera in June and we reserved it for 4 adults. Will we run into problems if a 5th person is in our room? I've heard there are wristbands? Or eith transportation.

Misty L.
Jun 03, 2017

It depends on the size of the guests. Two adults and 3 kids are fine. Five adults in a one bedroom unit is going to be uncomfortable at best. I don't think they police for overcrowding, but Mayan Palace units are quite basic. There are 13 places to get food, all good, most quite inexpensive. We've gone there for years, upgrading to the top in Grand Luxxe, and stay four weeks--we wouldn't consider an all inclusive place--far too much money, and lousy food. At Mayan Palace/Grand Mayan/Grand Luxxe et all the restaurants are in competition, and we generally either share a meal or take a box back for a later meal. Note to all: Del Lago breakfast is half price in early morning and just before lunchtime.

Frederick M.
Jul 25, 2017

We have encountered several resorts in Mexico that, although they are not all-inclusive, they offer a 2 or 3-day plan that includes meals, snacks and premium drinks. Do any of these 3 (Mayan, Grand Mayan, Grand Luxe) offer such a plan?

Candi N.
Jul 25, 2017

There are some 14 places to eat on this resort, all prices, all cuisines, and all excellent. Many bars (poolside, on a balcony, etc) and one small health restaurant. You don't carry a key--your bracelet is your room key, and how you charge to your room. Most activities are free, and depending on your bracelet, you can enjoy all kinds of pools, as well as the beach. There are five levels of accommodations (Mayan Palace the cheapest, Grand Luxxe sumptuous) but all will give you a fantastic vacation. You'll never ask for AI again!!! By the way-- the place is huge--with walkways for your exercise, or shuttle cars if you need to ride. We stay four weeks a year and are always sorry to leave.

Frederick M.
Mar 05, 2020

Thanks for your response. Being a TA this helps open more options for my clients.

Charlotte C.
Mar 06, 2020

Mayan Palace is NOT all inclusive. If you plan to play golf every day and get a massage several times it gets expensive. If you spend most of your money on food it's a wonderful deal. The resort is 5 resorts together, and there are 17 restaurants of all varieties and prices, plus maybe 10 more bars that serve food. Prices are basically the same as U.S. ranging from fast food places to an elegant French bistro. Several restaurants have huge buffet breakfasts that are half price at 11:30, and a market for basic groceries plus salads, sandwiches and pastries to die for. You wear a bracelet that is also your room key, and everything is charged to your room, to pay as you leave. All menus show prices that include tax and tip, so you can simply sign and go. There is a Cirque du Soleil and a new water park (extra charge) plus generally two evening entertainments (one such as karaoke that is free) and plenty of shuttles to take you wherever. We own in Grand Luxxe, the most expensive of the 5 resorts, and go every year. Our bar costs run happy hour wine or beer, and we still stay around $50 per day for two of us.

Frederick M.
Apr 17, 2021

Time to update this thread. We stayed at this resort about fifteen years ago and it was an absolute delight. Great food and drinks BIG campus so you have to time the shuttles or enjoy walking (we do). I just was looking on II last night because we have a couple bonus certificates to burn, and I saw MASSIVE availability here. 2BR units nearly every week in September, October, November...but that's often a bad sign, and when I dug deeper I confirmed that fear.

Some time ago these resorts jumped on the Resort Fee bandwagon in a big way. When you book a week, and advance through the screens on II, you will have to be attentive to the (VERY) small print in the conditions. That 2BR unit, had I accepted the exchange, would have cost me $329 for the redemption fee, which I expected, but also $700 for the week in resort fees. Another dagger to the heart of the timeshare racket!

Yes, I would get a free airport transfer, and in Cancun that's a blessing. But all the other stuff they throw in is inconsequential and used to cost $0 "back in the day" when this place was a beautiful option AND a good value when you could score a week. Pandemic or no pandemic, these Palace resorts, and the Mexican Bliss resorts also (700-850 a week for the 2BR units), will welcome you with one outstretched hand while shamelessly picking your pocket with the other.

Geoff

Geoff S.
Mar 18, 2023

WE arrive soon to the MAYAN PALACE TO CANCUM VIDARTA AND I NEED TO KNOW HOW IS THE SECUITY TO GO FROM cANCUM AIRPORT TO THE HOTEK 35 MIES AWAY, WE NEEDS TO NOW IF YOU HAS TRANSPORTATIOM FROM THE AIRPORT TO THE HOTEL. AND HOW CAN DO FOR GET THAT TRANSPORTATION;

Margarita P.
Mar 18, 2023

Yes. Vidanta is NOT all inclusive. There are 17 restaurants plus 5 bars at Riviera Maya, and they compete for your business, so the food is excellent and the service impeccable. The menu cost is maybe a shade less than in the U.S. but it includes tip and tax. You "pay" with your bracelet and actually pay when leaving. If you take the sales presentation you get 10% off the entire bill. Prices have risen as in the U.S. but we stay four weeks each year and our food costs run $35 per day per person. We would never again go to an all inclusive.

Frederick M.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.