Marriott's StreamSide at Vail - Birch, Douglas, and Evergreen

Recent Refurbishments to Marriott brand standards

Feb 25, 2007

Hello all! My name is Nick and I'm an owner of a 2br/2b suite in the Evergreen building.

I have been frustrated for about 6 months now due to the fact that this entire resort has been completely refurbished to bring it back up to Marriott brand standards (which are very stringent requiring each suite be completely gutted), yet I can find no mention of it anywhere. This includes both the timeshare websites and even Marriott itself.

So I've kind of made it my personal mission to get the word out as much as possible and also to provide a link to a website (the Streamside HOA website) that has pictures of how the resort now looks. Trust me, it's night and day.

Here's that link: http://www.streamsideatvail.com/Evergreen/Refurbishments.htm

Now all of the buildings that are Marriott branded have been updated / upgraded and these new pics represent how it looks now.

As an owner who rents his week on occasion but is not able to get the proper value for it due to the fact that there are no updated pictures, I feel compelled to do this.

Hopefully, this is okay with Redweek (and if not, then hopefully they will get updated pictures instead).

Thanks and feel free to post any questions you have. I will try to help answer them.

Nick H.

Nick H.

Last edited by nickh21 on Feb 25, 2007 03:36 PM

Mar 09, 2007

I noticed on the Marriott's web site that their clubhouse etc. will be closed for remodeling this summer. I did not know this before I exchanged my week for a week there in July. (and I checked the site at Redweek). Do you know if there are facilities at other Marriotts nearby to use? I am disappointed Redweek did not mention it.

Carolyn M.
Mar 09, 2007

mautzcar wrote:
I noticed on the Marriott's web site that their clubhouse etc. will be closed for remodeling this summer. I did not know this before I exchanged my week for a week there in July. (and I checked the site at Redweek). Do you know if there are facilities at other Marriotts nearby to use? I am disappointed Redweek did not mention it.

Hi Carolyn,

I have added the information about the club house remodeling to the resort's main page on RedWeek.com. We try to keep up with information like this but with the number of resorts and constant changes it's tough to keep up.

I apologize and thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Marty

Marty F
Mar 21, 2007

I went by the Birch building and it has been updated. Hope yours will be also.

Hal D.
Mar 21, 2007

mautzcar wrote:
There is a Marriot about 1/4 mile away in Lionshead. Whether or not you can use their facilities, I don't know. I bet you could though. It really is just down the street, if that's any consolation.

Nicholas H.
Mar 21, 2007

Hi I also booked at this resort and called the front desk - because they are renovating this summer 2 other local resorts are offering their facilities - one is the Cascades and I don't remember the other one. They have made provision for this.

Marie H.
Mar 22, 2007

marieh20 wrote:
Hi I also booked at this resort and called the front desk - because they are renovating this summer 2 other local resorts are offering their facilities - one is the Cascades and I don't remember the other one. They have made provision for this.
Thanks! mautzcar

Carolyn M.
Nov 26, 2007

hald5 wrote:
I went by the Birch building and it has been updated. Hope yours will be also.
Hi I was just wondering about the updating to the units. Are they modern in style like the photos of the Evergreen or are they dated still. I heard the Birch was going to be redone soon. Any information? Thanks jo

Jodi O.
Feb 20, 2008

Hey Nick,

I know you posted this a year ago but apparently the word still hasn't gotten out because on the Interval International website where we booked a 2/2 inthe evergreen building the pictures still look ancient and nothing like the ones you directed us too. My husband and I booked for december 08 and were considering cancelling after looking at the pics and seeing some of the reviews, however after hearing about the refurbishment we've decided to keep our reservations and check it out. We have high standards having stayed in mostly Marriott timeshares so hopefully this one is up to par with the rest. Marriott is really doing itself a disservice if they haven't made sure the new pics are widely available. The difference is really night and day. Hopelfully you've had better luck with your timeshare of late.

K.H.

Kira H.
Feb 21, 2008

kirah4 wrote:
Hey Nick,

I know you posted this a year ago but apparently the word still hasn't gotten out because on the Interval International website where we booked a 2/2 inthe evergreen building the pictures still look ancient and nothing like the ones you directed us too. My husband and I booked for december 08 and were considering cancelling after looking at the pics and seeing some of the reviews, however after hearing about the refurbishment we've decided to keep our reservations and check it out. We have high standards having stayed in mostly Marriott timeshares so hopefully this one is up to par with the rest. Marriott is really doing itself a disservice if they haven't made sure the new pics are widely available. The difference is really night and day. Hopelfully you've had better luck with your timeshare of late.

K.H.

You will do well to keep your reservations because the purpose of the uprades and refurb was to bring the units to Marriott brand standards - standards as of last year - which put, besides the obvious, high speed wireless internet for free to guests and a major upgrade was to the fire sprinkler system. Come on Interval!!! I pay you and Marriott - get with the program!!! You won't be disappointed, UNLESS, you prefer ski-in, ski-out access, as this resort requires a 5 minute bus ride to the main lifts. The bus is provided by the hotel and they run 2 or 3 at a time, so waiting (if you go skiing, you know about waiting for buses!!) may present an issue. My girlfriend is the impatient type - that's why we traded for Aruba this year. :-) We'll try really hard not to follow Natalie Holloway's steps. (bad joke - I know)

Nick H.
Apr 19, 2008

My computer says http://www.streamsideatvail.com/Evergreen/Refurbishments.htm cannot be found. Is there a new address? Anita

nickh21 wrote:
Hello all! My name is Nick and I'm an owner of a 2br/2b suite in the Evergreen building.

I have been frustrated for about 6 months now due to the fact that this entire resort has been completely refurbished to bring it back up to Marriott brand standards (which are very stringent requiring each suite be completely gutted), yet I can find no mention of it anywhere. This includes both the timeshare websites and even Marriott itself.

So I've kind of made it my personal mission to get the word out as much as possible and also to provide a link to a website (the Streamside HOA website) that has pictures of how the resort now looks. Trust me, it's night and day.

Here's that link: http://www.streamsideatvail.com/Evergreen/Refurbishments.htm

Now all of the buildings that are Marriott branded have been updated / upgraded and these new pics represent how it looks now.

As an owner who rents his week on occasion but is not able to get the proper value for it due to the fact that there are no updated pictures, I feel compelled to do this.

Hopefully, this is okay with Redweek (and if not, then hopefully they will get updated pictures instead).

Thanks and feel free to post any questions you have. I will try to help answer them.

Nick H.

Anita S.
Apr 19, 2008

Google - "Marriott Streamside Refurbishments" and about 3 down you will see the same wen address. It is not working for some reason??? But, you can click on "cache" on the Google ad link to at least see what was written. Hope that helps - it may be possible that the website down is temporary (we use it to vote and what not, so it has to be temp!).

Nick

Nick H.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.