General Discussion

No response from a renter

Mar 26, 2007

I finally worked a verbal agreement with a possible renter, I faxed him confirmation that we did in fact have the week to be rented and a rental agreement. It has been a week and no response from emails. I have other people looking at the week. Do I owe the first guy a chance, or is it first with the money, you get the rental?

Laura H.
Mar 26, 2007

laura1588 wrote:
I finally worked a verbal agreement with a possible renter, I faxed him confirmation that we did in fact have the week to be rented and a rental agreement. It has been a week and no response from emails. I have other people looking at the week. Do I owe the first guy a chance, or is it first with the money, you get the rental?

Laura if it was me I would take first offer that is paid!

You did the best you could by giving this renter proof of confirmed week! It doe not take a week to e-mail back to you about this. Most people are excited to find the unit they wanted and price and try and hurry to lock it up so a week tells me this person is just wasting your time!

To you this is a verbel agreement and to other person it might just be his way of getting prices and now he is comparing! This is something he /she should have already done.

If It was me I would send e-mail right now explaining deal and state that other offer will be excepted if no call back this morning. Also state you have held off a week with no return call.

Many people will make verbel offers looking for cheap deal and never give you another thought and this is sad! Don't waste any more of your time and end up not renting your unit because of this possible deal!

Phil L.

Last edited by phill12 on Mar 26, 2007 06:57 PM

Mar 30, 2007

Asking for proof of timeshare ownership from a private party is the wise thing to do.

You are the front desk for your unit. I know you have made reservations at hotels before. They are polite, professional, with no explanations except their policy.

As you may recall, you send out the confirmation of the reservation after the payment (full or deposit, backup credit card number). What you sent out was merely a "confirmation" that you, as the owner, is the person who can rent the unit.

Send an e-mail explaining your policy. Remind him that the reservation itself has not been confirmed. His reservation will be confirmed with payment in full, unless there has been a prior reservation.

Legally, a contract is valid if there is consideration. Payment is the consideration.

Carrie S.

Last edited by carries25 on Mar 30, 2007 01:04 PM

Mar 31, 2007

I would email him with a deadline date. If he doesn't respond, I would move on to another interested renter.

laura1588 wrote:

R P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.