The Royal Mayan

Best Units at the mayan

Apr 01, 2007

Curious what everyone thinks is the best building and unit at the Royal mayan.

Stacey M.
Sep 25, 2007

stacey157 wrote:
Curious what everyone thinks is the best building and unit at the Royal mayan.
The Presidential Suite for sure! It's 2 units stacked on top of each other and totally different than the rest. I don't know if you can ask for it C-607 I think, we traded a week for my sister and her family to come last April. We spent most of our time there, it was awesome! Upstairs has a master suite and living room/ kitchen, downstairs are 3 bedrooms and a tv room. You even get 2 maids! The story is that the owner of the Royals lived there for a few years, I guess to keep and eye on things??

Mike

Michael F.
Oct 10, 2007

The PENTHOUSES are among the BEST UNITS at the Royal Mayan. Reason? They are on the TOP floor of all units, they have VAULTED ceilings, ceiling fans, have the best views of the ocean and pools, and of course, cost more to the original owners, etc. because of their desirability. There is only one penthouse in each building. Unless you RENT from someone, you get the luck of the draw.

Rod M.
Nov 23, 2007

We just exchanged thru Interval our Marriott Timeshare (Fri - Fri) to stay at the Mayan. any suggestions as to how to go about getting a villa in a prime spot bldg?

Karen B.
Feb 06, 2008

http://www.redweek.com/posting/R366268

Look at this-

Michael F.
Feb 12, 2009

Just wondering we have been to the Royal Mayan many times and have loved it but their beach is getting smaller and smaller - can anyone tell me if it still has all the big rocks and is there much beach left??

Ann B.
Feb 14, 2009

It is totally different every year. One year it is good at the Mayan and not at Carribean or Islander and then vice versa. You can always walk to those and never even know you walked there as they are adjoining. You have access to all of them as a guest. None of this was an issue until the Hurricanes. We have owned there since even before they finished the Mayan and the beach does "heal itself" over time....somewhat miraculous!

Rod M.

Last edited by rodm28 on Feb 14, 2009 01:57 PM

Apr 30, 2010

I just returned from staying one week at the Royal Sands and one week at the Royal Mayan, I can tell you the beaches at all the Royal Resorts have been restored. They are more beautiful now then they have been the past 4 years. 4/29/10

Marlene D.
Apr 30, 2010

So are you saying all the rocks are gone and the beach is bigger now at the Royal Mayan? We stayed there a few years ago and the rocks were horrible. We went to another resort this past March closer to the downtown area and their beaches have all been restored. The Royal Mayan has always been our favorite place to go but since the beach is nothing but rocks we have stopped going there. If it has been restored like other beaches then we would love to go back to the Royal Mayan. Building D is our favorite - beach front.

Ann B.
Apr 30, 2010

We have always stayed in the bottom rooms in Unit D where you can just walk right out to the beach and its beach front and you also have a great view. Just hope the beaches have improved and the rocks are gone.

Ann B.
Apr 30, 2010

I just came back from staying a week at the Royal Mayan and the beach is great!!!! No rocks, just beautiful white sand. It is the same at the Royal Caribbean, and Royal Islander. They did a great job at restoring all the beach front. I was there for week 13 and 14.

Marlene D.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.