Timeshare Companies

Canadian Timeshare - Have you sold one -- How?

May 27, 2017

There are many timeshares throughout Canada, on both coats and in between. I don't know what you own or where you own or what week(s) you own --- or if it whatever you own even has any value or demand at all in the resale market (it may or may not).

In any case, whether a timeshare is located in the U.S., Canada, Mexico or wherever else the answer is the same --- you need to ADVERTISE in order to find a new willing recipient. Consider using RedWeek, Timeshare Users Group, Craigslist, MyResortNetwork.com. WHATEVER you do, don't pay ANY upfront fee company a single penny! Your only out of pocket costs to find a new owner should be relatively minor fees for ads which you place on your own, such as fees for advertising here on RedWeek for example). If you pay ANY upfront fee company making empty promises, rest assured that you WILL get burned. Forewarned is forearmed.

P.S. If your timeshare has no resale demand or value whatsoever, as a last resort (no pun intended) you can ask the resort HOA if they will accept a "deedback". There must be no outstanding loan balance or any unpaid fees for a deedback request to even be considered. Even then, they might decline. No resort anywhere is ever obligated to accept a "deedback"; it is a purely voluntarily choice and decision by the resort homeowners association. You won't know until / unless you ask. Ask the HOA President and do so in writing; do NOT call and ask uninformed employees answering phones at the resort, since they have no authority whatsoever to decide (or to even discuss) "deedback" matters. ONLY the HOA (not ANY resort employee) can make that decision.

Good luck.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on May 27, 2017 10:04 AM

May 28, 2017

Thank you for your reply! It is clear that reselling or giving back is very hard. I will try to contact HOA as per your advice. Any idea for giving away to any charity? Sincerely Ferdinant

Ferdinant A.

Last edited by ferdinanta on May 28, 2017 10:59 AM

May 28, 2017

ferdinanta wrote:
Any idea for giving away to any charity?

A timeshare is a financial liability, not a financial asset. Accordingly, no legitimate charity on Planet Earth wants ANY part of accepting someone else's unwanted financial burden ---- which is EXACTLY what a timeshare is --- complete with guaranteed annual bills likely to increase by 4-6% each and every year. NO charity on earth wants to accept that unwelcome problem or its' financial burden from anyone. Think about it --- why would they? It's certainly not a "gift" and it's certainly not a "donation" --- it's instead just a financial burden that no charity on earty wants from you (or from anyone else).

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on May 30, 2017 08:05 AM

May 29, 2017

Thank you! The idea of giving away to charity is just idea of fooling timeshare. owners.

Ferdinant A.
May 29, 2017

I checked online, ebay etc and found out that even for one CDN, you can not sell you time share. So far I have enjoyed my time share(10 years), Noe my financial situation is changed: I am in Long term disability since March. No hope for recovery. After about two and half years I will be retired. Any way, long story short: Where can I get a copy letter to write to to HOA to accept deedback.

Ferdinant A.
May 29, 2017

ferdinanta wrote:
I checked online, ebay etc and found out that even for one CDN, you can not sell you time share. So far I have enjoyed my time share(10 years), Noe my financial situation is changed: I am in Long term disability since March. No hope for recovery. After about two and half years I will be retired. Any way, long story short: Where can I get a copy letter to write to to HOA to accept deedback.

There is no source for a template or a "copy" --- nor do you need one. Just mail a written and signed request to your HOA President, identifying what you own and simply asking if the HOA will accept your deed back in lieu of foreclosure. Simple question, two lines, very simple and very straightforward. You don't need anyone else's help --- JUST DO IT! However, don't even bother asking if you have either an unpaid loan balance or any unpaid maintenance fees in arrears. If your ownership is not paid off and all maintenance fees current, your "deedback" request will be promptly denied, if they even bother to respond to you at all. Good luck.

P.S. It usually takes MONTHS to find a willing new re away for free in the Bargain Deals section of Timeshare Users Group?

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on May 30, 2017 07:57 AM

May 29, 2017

I called you today and left a message. Please respond!

Ferdinant A.
May 29, 2017

Thank you again! I will try with a simple letter.

Ferdinant A.
May 30, 2017

ferdinanta wrote:
I called you today and left a message. Please respond!

You called WHO? It doesn't matter, really. The ONLY phone call you should be making is directly to the resort, ONLY on a weekday, during normal business hours, ONLY to speak to a live person and ONLY to learn the name and mailing address of the HOA President at your resort if you cannot otherwise find that information elsewhere, such as within a resort newsletter. NOTHING else about a deedback request is appropriate for any telephone conversation; this is a legal matter to be addressed in writing and under signature.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on May 30, 2017 08:09 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.