Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

I worked at a timeshare SCAM....I want to tell you about it.

Jul 04, 2011

adahiscout wrote:
Do they get paid as a percentage of the sale price? Roughly what percentage? MD

I do believe they get a certain percentage of the selling price which is the way IT SHOULD WORK.

R P.
Jul 04, 2011

jayjay wrote:
adahiscout wrote:
Do they get paid as a percentage of the sale price? Roughly what percentage? MD

I do believe they get a certain percentage of the selling price which is the way IT SHOULD WORK.

They offer a flat fee in some cases. Otherwise it is a percentage. Contact the individual Real Estate Agent for the amounts they charge.

Judi Kozlowski - Re/Max P.
Jul 05, 2011

Has anyone had any dealings with Innovative-American? They called today (# came up as unknown) and they said they had a buyer. They said I talked to someone last year and they had me in the system. I do not remember EVER talking to anyone from this company. I asked about an upfront fee, and was told they do not charge an upfront fee to sell your timeshare, but said they have an offer of $17,008 and the buyer has put 20% down and to proceed we would be charged $1995 to get to closing and that would take 6-9 weeks, max. 120 days. They are out of New York. I am SO leary of anyone because we have been scammed numrous times! Does anyone know about them? Are they legite or just another scamming company??

Susie H.

Last edited by susieh25 on Jul 05, 2011 01:02 PM

Jul 06, 2011

susieh25 wrote:
Are they legit or just another scamming company??

Just another scamming company.

Please go back and read what you posted and tell me how any of what this company is offering comes even close to being legitimate.

They say, "no upfront fee" but they are asking you for $1995.

Lance C.
Jul 06, 2011

Amy,

Thanks for your upfront posting. My husband and I were called by a fellow from a timeshare scam-a-thon in Ohio. Said he had a buyer who would pay 18k for our Newport timeshare. When we said we were interested but would not pay anything upfront he called us "stupid and ignorant". He also sent us a nasty e-mail. We did notify the local Better Business Bureau, but at your suggestion will forward this info to the Ohio Attn. Gen. Your honesty and openess is the only way to cut these bottom feeders off.

Popsitoes in MI

MKC
Jul 07, 2011

lancec13 wrote:
susieh25 wrote:
Are they legit or just another scamming company??

Just another scamming company.

Please go back and read what you posted and tell me how any of what this company is offering comes even close to being legitimate.

They say, "no upfront fee" but they are asking you for $1995.

Susie H.
Jul 07, 2011

They said the fee of $1995 is dispursement of funds to provide proof of sale and has to be paid to do the work. I was told no one will do it for free. He said they never asked for an upfront fee to advertise/market to sell the timeshare. I've tried to google Innovative American and nothing comes up and he said they have been in business for 13 years. They have a website. He said it will take 4-6 weeks to get the $17,008 from the sale.

Susie H.
Jul 07, 2011

susieh25 wrote:
They have a website. He said it will take 4-6 weeks to get the $17,008 from the sale.

It's going to take you a lot longer than that to get $17008 for a Mexican timeshare.

By the way, almost all scam artists have websites.

I will conclude by saying what is said by many timeshare experts and Attorneys-General. Never, ever pay anyone a large, upfront fee to sell, rent out or market your timeshare.

If you pay these crooks a dime, you better hope that you don't need it because it's long gone.

Lance C.
Jul 08, 2011

Don't fall for this scam. There is no buyer; there will be no "closing".

Ann B.
Jul 08, 2011

I'm not going to give them my credit card #. There is nothing in their contract that protects me. I am so blown away that there are so many dishonest people in the world whose sole purpose is to scam (lie and steal) people.

Susie H.
Jul 16, 2011

They will tell you they have a buyer for your property throwing out a high ball figure when in deed they will only advertise your property on a very poor quality website that gets no traffic other them sellers fallen victim to their scam. To sell timeshare anywhere in the US you must have a real estate license. Think about it, when you brought your home did you have pay your listing agency any upfront fees? Don't fall victim to any company that claim they can sell or rent your property especially if they are asking for upfront fee. All ligitamate companies will require good faith monies in your own escrow account if any or monies are exchange the day of closing. Hope this helps.

Hotice H.
Sep 20, 2011

Your actually admitting to participating in a scam and profiting. Shame on you.

Susan B.
Sep 22, 2011

I am going to tell my story. Company for Corporate Acquisitions from las vegas called this evening offering me 20000 dollars for my 124.000 EOY points at Bonnet Creek. Told me I was number 118 of a lot of 120 people needed to sell 7.5 million dollars worth of inventory to corporate buyers. They wanted 2038.00 (10%) fulling refundable deposit. After telling "David Richard" I would have to get a loan for the deposit, I told him I would get back to him. However, after stating I was skeptical about his offer being a scam I asked for some references (knowing full well these were either ficticious or paid referrals). I then called back a few minutes later to verify the number was legit. I immediately googled the company and found them on Ripoff Report and then found this site. After only reading page 1 of 21 it was then I decided that the game would begin. I called back an hour later and said, "I am sorry but all I can come up with is 1300.00 (didnt want to lowball from the start and insult the fella) and I know thats not enough to cover the deposit. (Money is real tough to come by) He then proceeded to tell me that we may be able to work something out. I told him, "hold on, I've got another call" and hung up on him. I then sat for the next 30 minutes devising my next plan of attack. One of his references was from Quebec and the other in Phoenix. I called "David Steele" in Phoenix and had a 45 minute conversation with him. He had nothing but good things to say about Mr Richard and he sold 700,000 point in Kona Hawaii for 100,000 dollars for a 10,000 dollar deposit. I apologized many times for asking so many questions to him and that I was skeptical. I then asked him what I should do. Should I pass on an opportunity of a lifetime or wait an undetermined amount of time in hopes I would be called again for the "next round". I told him I would have to take out a loan. He said do whatever I had to do, rob peter to pay paul, etc. I again told him of my skepticism and stated that people who take advantage of others should be shot (Hey, I'm from Texas). He agreed 100%. I ended the phone call with a "Thank you" and a "God Bless You". Ater that conversation I called Mr Richard back and got back to the 1300.00 question. He proceeded to tell me "normally" the lowest they would go is 1500.00 but he would "go out on a limb and take my 1300 offer" I told him I didnt want to get him in trouble or anything and he said he would take the hit for me (what a man!) I then said I did not get paid until next Thursday and would probably have to take out a loan. He then asked CAN I HAVE IT TO HIM BY 2pm TOMORROW. Guy moves fast. I ended the conversation by saying I would get back to him tomorrow. So, either this game is gonna continue or they've got people reading this site and they know exactly who I am and wont respond tomorrow. Either way it was a blast and I encourage others to do the same and if any one wants to play here is the # (702) 879 9330 and just say you are interested in selling your TS. Be creative and have fun and take up their time to keep them from scamming others. Only do this if youve got free long distance. I will update tomorrow with the conclusion.

South T.
Sep 23, 2011

Kudos to you for doing your homework in checking out that scam company .... corporations don't buy timeshares.

BTW, there's no way they can know who you are by reading this site .... the only people that know who you are are the staff at Redweek.

R P.
Sep 23, 2011

southt wrote:
Company for Corporate Acquisitions from las vegas called this evening offering me 20000 dollars for my 124.000 EOY points at Bonnet Creek.
If representing the VERY FIRST corporations on Planet Earth to EVER buy timeshares, this "company" should instead save themselves tens of thousands of dollars by picking up any one one of the numerous FREE offerings of 154-182k ANNUAL (not just every other year) points packages GIVEN away every day on timeshare sites like TUG. I gave away a FREE annual 182k ownership there recently myself.

I'm just joking, of course (except for the absolute truth of giving away a 182k package for free recently, as many others do every day in order to just be rid of it). The entire concept, the "company", the various lying weasels on the phone and the "offer" were (and of course, still are) just completely BOGUS right from the start.

Congratulations on NOT getting drawn in like a hapless fly into the web of these hungry, poisonous spiders.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Sep 23, 2011 10:57 AM

Sep 24, 2011

I have 3 timeshares and have kept a note book of all of the offers and computer seminars as well as attending "seminars' at motels. over the last 6 or 7 years. After all of this time, the only legimate buyer was from red week, and I was so skeptic, we went back and forth and finally realized this was a legimate buyer so the paperwork mailed to transfer agent in Branson. Well. Westtage decided that would just use their 1st right of refusal and they would purchase this timeshar for the low price. However, westgage had 30 days to use this right and they were ony 15 days late. of couse, being a timeshare company, there is most usually fraud involved. their letter was dated one date, the postage meter dated about 10 days later, and the letter received 6 days after the postage meter date. after complaint to BBB. (they really worked on this complaint) and 3 letters to westgate corporate office, I was advised last week that westgate would cancel their offer and let the transfer go thru to the private. Fine, When I see this in writing, this was 9/16 co letter received as of this date. timeshares are very efficient at billing dues for 2012, and that is about it .

Robert S.
Sep 25, 2011

this is in reply to susanb who indicates all of these success stories are a "acam" Unitl this year, I would have believe the same that after 5 years of attempting to seel my 3 timeshare units n branson, I learned how the "scammers' work and it is too bad that I cannot publish the method for cancelling your time share title, etc. I had westgae and french quarter both listed on red week. I had one inquiry about 4 months ago on westgate like where it was located. after my reply, that was the last of the inquiry, 2 months later, I had another inquiry and after the inquiry advised me that her daughter worked for an insurance company,(i am in the insurance business), I realized this was a legimate client and this was the one that Westgate attempted to purchae back, however, it took my effort for me to change their mind on that offer. the 2nd inquiry was on french quarter that I had listed for a sale price of $6. I had to advise that person that the french quarter was in bandruptcy and could not be transferred at this time according to Tissa Williams of Southwind Inc. hilton head,, Sc. also, on the french quarter, there is not use writing the missouri attorney general since I was advise by others that He closed the book on this case. Why is it these attorney know tha the timeshares are still making fraudlent sales in their state and refuse to do anything to stop it. that is all.

Robert S.
Nov 09, 2011

joanies4 wrote:
norin wrote:
Amyv41,

I have posted on this forum detailing my scam experience with Land Ahoy properties. They are based in Orlando too. What company did you work for? Have you heard of Land Ahoy Properties at all?

Do tell, PLEASE!!!

I, too have been scammed by Land Ahoy, taking my money then never hearing from them. IBD Marketing is a huge rip-off as well, but I scared them into giving my money back....every cent back. They are all money-hungry, selfish, classless lowlife's. I have learned a lesson.

I also paid a company to rent my timeshare out and have not heard a thing. How did you go about getting your money back? Thanks G

G. E.
Nov 22, 2011

hmmm!

Taking D.

Last edited by takingd on Nov 22, 2011 05:53 PM

Nov 22, 2011

Let me start off saying....

IT'S ALL A SCAM!!!!! EVERY BIT OF IT!!!

If anyone ever contacts you from Interval Property Division, it's a scam! It just changed names, it was called, Timeshare Titleworks International. It will change names again very, very soon. Now that I'm posting this and taking many other steps to put their business out there.

"INTERVAL PROPERTY DIVISION

1746 Silver Star Road Ocoee, FL 34761" It's a UPS store, like a PO Box.

Kelly O'Brien kellyobriensts@gmail.com

"the names that are used by the company are not the real names of the people" I do have the real information on this company + Names and addresses where these people operate at. I do not want to list this information out of fear for the company's workers and worker's children. I know that there are many angry people out there willing to do whatever it takes to destroy these people.

They will try to charge you for so much stuff! "I'm not going to name what kind of stuff because I do not want other Resale companies to start the same "PITCHES"." They will squeeze $30k out of a household in well under a month. They're very good!!

They will ask you to send in a cashier's check to the address above express mail, overnight... Once the check gets there and they process it, they'll be able to send out your check for the sale of your timeshare. You will never get anything!!!

Check em out on sunbiz.com every business in Florida has to register and every business is registered there, so always inspect before.

INTERVAL PROPERTY DIVISION LLC Filing Information Document Number L11000071219 FEI/EIN Number NONE Date Filed 06/20/2011 State FL Status ACTIVE Effective Date 06/17/2011 Principal Address 5600 BALBOA DRIVE ORLANDO FL 32808 Mailing Address 1746 SILVER STAR ROAD OCOEE FL 34761 Registered Agent Name & Address INCORP SERVICES, INC. 17888 67TH COURT NORTH LOXAHATCHEE FL 33470 US Manager/Member Detail Name & Address Title PRES RODRIGUEZ, CARMEN 5600 BALBOA DRIVE ORLANDO FL 32808 Title SEC RODRIGUEZ, CARMEN 5600 BALBOA DRIVE ORLANDO FL 32808

Taking D.

Last edited by takingd on Nov 22, 2011 08:56 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.