The Royal Mayan

Grocery Shopping and Activites

May 01, 2007

Figured I would roll this question into 1 post.

I noticed that we will kind of pass the royal mayan if we go from the airport to the grocery store in downtown cancun.

Is there a grocery store that is closer to the hotel (that is not expensive).

Also - what activities are at the hotel to do on the beach. For example are there kayaks? I know their are sailboats per the website, but my kids asked about kayaks.

Stacey M.
May 07, 2007

There is a grocery store at the Royal Mayan. If you are going direct downtown from the airport your driver may not take you down the hotel zone past the Mayan unless you ask as there are roads that lead to downtown Cancun.

Toni B.
Jul 13, 2007

I have found that the best thing to do as far as grocery shopping for the week stay is to go on Sunday/Monday , is to take the bus downtown to the Super Walmart. Do all your shopping there, homemade tortillas are good there from their tortilleria. Beer and liquor prices are good. If you have a lotof items to carry back and dont want to take the bus back to the Royal Mayan, take a taxi, there are always some outside the Walmart exit. I prefer not to rent a car and navigate that crazy traffic in downtown Cancun! I would rather drive on an L.A. freeway than that!!!

Cathy R.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.