General Discussion

VACATION REGISTER,. HAS ANYONE USED THEM ?

May 11, 2007

I AM WONDERING ABOUT VACATION REGISTER. THAT'S THE ONE WITH ED McMAHON AS A SPOKESPERSON. HAS ANYONE USED THIS SERVICE ? I CAN'T FIND ANY BAD INFO ON THEM. THANKS

Paul G.

Last edited by paulgrzesik on May 29, 2007 05:33 AM

May 13, 2007

Bottom line, if they charge an upfront fee to list your timeshare, don't do it. You will more than likely never hear from them again.

Read all the negative testimonials here on Redweek concerning upfront fee resale companies.

R P.
May 26, 2007

This company does charge an upfront fee and will add your resort week to the huge list of timeshares on their site.

When a TUG member was interested in purchasing from one of the owners, they sent the message through Vacation Register and heard nothing back. They don't even relay messages to the owner. There is no incentive for them to sell your timeshare, because they already have THEIR money. SCAMMERS.

Sun or Snow T.
May 26, 2007

paulgrzesik wrote:
ALSO, I AM WONDERING ABOUT VACATION REGISTER. THAT'S THE ONE WITH ED McMAHON AS A SPOKESPERSON. (I POSTED ANOTHER DISCUSSION ABOUT IBD MARKETING) HAS ANYONE USED THIS SERVICE ? I CAN'T FIND ANY BAD INFO ON THEM WHERE AS I HAVE FOUND BAD INFO ON IBD MARKETING. THANKS
I have a list of people who have used them and never sold their timeshare.

Jay K.
May 26, 2007

paulgrzesik wrote:
ALSO, I AM WONDERING ABOUT VACATION REGISTER. THAT'S THE ONE WITH ED McMAHON AS A SPOKESPERSON. (I POSTED ANOTHER DISCUSSION ABOUT IBD MARKETING) HAS ANYONE USED THIS SERVICE ? I CAN'T FIND ANY BAD INFO ON THEM WHERE AS I HAVE FOUND BAD INFO ON IBD MARKETING. THANKS
I've purchased a week (Marriott's in Hilton Head) from them last year and was real happy with their services. They fowarded my file to Resort Closings Inc. They were very professional & courteous!!!

Sandy P.
May 28, 2007

sandram156 wrote:
paulgrzesik wrote:
I've purchased a week (Marriott's in Hilton Head) from them last year and was real happy with their services. They fowarded my file to Resort Closings Inc. They were very professional & courteous!!!

Really? Because someone on www.tug2.net emailed the company over and over again because he was interested in a listing on the site, but never got a response. They will not necessarily connect a buyer to a seller. That is the problem with such companies. Once they have the cash, there is no incentive to do anything. The site has more listings all the time and I feel sorry for the folks who paid good money to list there.

Another upfront fee company is Timeshares Only. They advertise bigtime, but when you call, which I have on several occasions, they tell you that your low-ball price is not going to fly with any owner. They don't even try to present the offer to the seller in most cases. How is that helping the poor person who paid that huge fee to list? You have to be willing to take the going price because no one who is savvy about timeshare is going to pay more than it is worth. It is about being realistic, but it is also about not parting with cash needlessly.

Sun or Snow T.
May 29, 2007

cynthia281 wrote:
sandram156 wrote:
paulgrzesik wrote:

Really? Because someone on www.tug2.net emailed the company over and over again because he was interested in a listing on the site, but never got a response. They will not necessarily connect a buyer to a seller. That is the problem with such companies. Once they have the cash, there is no incentive to do anything. The site has more listings all the time and I feel sorry for the folks who paid good money to list there.

Another upfront fee company is Timeshares Only. They advertise bigtime, but when you call, which I have on several occasions, they tell you that your low-ball price is not going to fly with any owner. They don't even try to present the offer to the seller in most cases. How is that helping the poor person who paid that huge fee to list? You have to be willing to take the going price because no one who is savvy about timeshare is going to pay more than it is worth. It is about being realistic, but it is also about not parting with cash needlessly.

Well, personally when I want to sell or rent my timeshare I go to: www.vacationtimesharerentals.com. You can list for free and I have purchased so far 3 timeshares. You contact the owners directly!!! This site as been I blessing for me. We own 14 weeks at the Royal Resorts & 4 with Marriott's. I'm now in the process of purchasing an other again on this site. I have rented all my weeks on this site & I also rented 3 weeks from owners which have their timeshare listed on this site. Unlike redweek It's also free to contact owners!! Plus when you list an ad, you can detail it as you choose!! It does not get better than this! You can post up to 5 listings for free per e-mail address. Believe me if your price is reasonable it will sell or rent here!! I have contacted so many of these website where they never actually even call me back!! I've had enough of them.

Sandra

Sandy P.
Jan 24, 2008

Yes I signed with them in Oct 2006. I paid the fee. Unfortunately my timeshare has not received one hit. I also signed with IBD Marketing and have come to find out they are a fraud.

Michelle D.
Jan 24, 2008

paulgrzesik wrote:
I AM WONDERING ABOUT VACATION REGISTER. THAT'S THE ONE WITH ED McMAHON AS A SPOKESPERSON. HAS ANYONE USED THIS SERVICE ? I CAN'T FIND ANY BAD INFO ON THEM. THANKS

It makes me sick to my stomach that Ed McMahon advertises on tv for this rip-off scam company .... I asssumed he had more integrity that than, but then again, he's a product of Hollywood where souls can be bought and sold for a quick buck.

R P.
Jan 24, 2008

michelled186 wrote:
Yes I signed with them in Oct 2006. I paid the fee. Unfortunately my timeshare has not received one hit. I also signed with IBD Marketing and have come to find out they are a fraud.

Michelle your one of these owners that just blows my mind and there are thousands just like you!

Many owners of timeshares want out for many different reasons and do fall for these scams once. But to get taken once and then go do it again with different company with same game plan just blows me away.

With all these timeshare forums now on-line and all preach "DON'T PAY UPFRONT" and people still fall for this.

I think many of these people are working on greed or just do not understand their unit value and just want much more than they will ever get. These companies come along and tell owners what they want to hear and take their money and walk away.

I have seen a ad that ask for $25,000 and of coarse its been posted many months without selling. Its priced about $14,000 higher than any unit at my resort sells for even through the resales dept. Not sure if this comes under greed or dumb owner! Even this owner should see the differance in pricing on the site.

There are just to many on-line sites where for few dollars you can run a ad and some sites are free.

Tug has a site you can offer your unit for under $25.00 to get rid of it.

List on Redweek and ask for small amount if you really want get out!

I would use all these before I would pay some company big bucks to add my resort to their already large list of resorts.

Phil L.

Last edited by phill12 on Jan 25, 2008 07:53 AM

Jan 27, 2008

paulgrzesik wrote:
I've used them in the past...they're pretty expensive compared to RedWeek. I think I paid $149 for one listing, they then talked me into buying a package which was a waste of money. I've had great sucess with RedWeek.

Alice

Dave A.
Feb 04, 2008

I happened to sign up to share my timeshare las March with IBD Marketing. They do not answer their phone and the website was down and is up however when you search it shows data error and will not go further. I have tried their # for 3 weeks now and it hangs up after ringing 30 times. Are they still in business? Jprilla@triad.rr.com

Joann P.
Feb 04, 2008

joannp2 wrote:
I happened to sign up to share my timeshare las March with IBD Marketing. They do not answer their phone and the website was down and is up however when you search it shows data error and will not go further. I have tried their # for 3 weeks now and it hangs up after ringing 30 times. Are they still in business? Jprilla@triad.rr.com

I doubt it.

You can kiss whatever you paid them goodbye ..... expensive lesson you've learned concerning upfront fee resale companies. Perhaps they've gone out of business or they have a phone for call outs (fresh meat) only.

R P.
Apr 04, 2008

paulgrzesik wrote:

I put my timeshare up for sale about 3 years ago with vacation register and paid upfront...my listing price started @ $7000 3 years later the price has dropped down to $500 and still has not sold....

Doug A.
Apr 04, 2008

sandram156 wrote:
cynthia281 wrote:
sandram156 wrote:
paulgrzesik wrote:

Well, personally when I want to sell or rent my timeshare I go to: www.vacationtimesharerentals.com. You can list for free and I have purchased so far 3 timeshares. You contact the owners directly!!! This site as been I blessing for me. We own 14 weeks at the Royal Resorts & 4 with Marriott's. I'm now in the process of purchasing an other again on this site. I have rented all my weeks on this site & I also rented 3 weeks from owners which have their timeshare listed on this site. Unlike redweek It's also free to contact owners!! Plus when you list an ad, you can detail it as you choose!! It does not get better than this! You can post up to 5 listings for free per e-mail address. Believe me if your price is reasonable it will sell or rent here!! I have contacted so many of these website where they never actually even call me back!! I've had enough of them.

Sandra

Really...I have been with them for over 3 years...and still have not sold the timeshare...

Doug A.
Apr 05, 2008

douga49 wrote:
sandram156 wrote:
cynthia281 wrote:
sandram156 wrote:
paulgrzesik wrote:

Sandra

Really...I have been with them for over 3 years...and still have not sold the timeshare...
If you go to the Timeshare Xchange Multiple Listing Service and click on Member Directory there are 147 Brokers that do not charge upfront fees. www.tsxmls.com

Jay K.
Apr 14, 2008

i am trying to get out of it now i have not signed papers

Carroll R.
Apr 14, 2008

carrollr3 wrote:
i am trying to get out of it now i have not signed papers

What are you trying to get out of ?

R P.
May 16, 2008

paulgrzesik wrote:
I have had my time share for sale with them since 2003 and have not had one call. Scam and shame on Ed M.

Ron M.
May 20, 2008

ronm200 wrote:
paulgrzesik wrote:
I have had my time share for sale with them since 2003 and have not had one call. Scam and shame on Ed M.
If they were good you wouldn't have to pay them ahead of the sale.

Judi Kozlowski - Re/Max P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.