Whistler Vacation Club at Lake Placid Lodge

Pricing on the resales of Lake Placid Lodge

May 31, 2007

The resale pricing for a week at this lodge is much cheaper than any other lodge in Whistler. I wonder why? I visited the lodge several years ago and it was beautiful and very attractive. With the winter Olympics coming up, I am baffled why the price is dropping instead of going up! If someone has an answer, please let me know!

Daniel A.
Jan 24, 2008

Could be that the maintenance fees are rising fast! I just paid 2008's fee and nearly fainted when my credit card was charged $927.61!!!

Greg D.

Last edited by marty8084 on Jan 24, 2008 05:14 PM

Feb 15, 2008

There have been several construction projects at the lodge over the past couple years. The disruption caused by the construction has resulted in the resort losing some of its preferred status. Maintenance fees also are higher this year as a result of some additional construction costs.

The final touches of the construction and landscaping are to be finished this Spring. This will result in a higher rating for exchanges and maintenance fees should decrease now that the construction debt has been retired.

You are right, this is a very nice resort. Away from the noise of the main Whistler Village but still having all the necessary amenities right close by. It has the best year-round outdoor pool and hot tub I have seen in all of Whistler!

Brad H.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.