Club Velas Vallarta

Dont let them cheat/deceive you

Jun 04, 2007

When we purchased atvellas they assigned us a broker and promised they would sell the other timeshares we owned as well as sell 4 weeks a year of the vellas contract. All of which never happened. It cost us $20,000 dollars to get out of the contract. My wife put it best when she said it was like buying an inexpensive car and driving it into a tree without insurance. I dont recommend it, So rermember Buyer beware.

George B.
Jul 10, 2007

georgeb145 wrote:
When we purchased atvellas they assigned us a broker and promised they would sell the other timeshares we owned as well as sell 4 weeks a year of the vellas contract. All of which never happened. It cost us $20,000 dollars to get out of the contract. My wife put it best when she said it was like buying an inexpensive car and driving it into a tree without insurance. I dont recommend it, So rermember Buyer beware.

Hi,

I had a bad experience with Velas also. Why did it cost ou $20K to get our of your contract. I still own my timeshare there but would like to sell it. GG

Glenda G.
Oct 12, 2007

resolved

Valerie A.

Last edited by valeriea6 on Dec 02, 2009 10:02 AM

Nov 13, 2007

Buyers beware. As nice a Vellas might be, or any other resport in Mexico for that matter, when it comes to the sales people, there are many that have no scrupels. On the flip side, there are also some great ones that will treat you honestly and fairly. The technique of promising to sell other units, is found at many other timeshares, not just this one. No matter whether a 5 star resort or a 1 star, salespersons like this givee the location a bad name, not one that promotes it. I hope the resort reads these comments and realizes it drives off potential guests/owners. Get rid of the crummy, misrepresenting sales people.

Larry E.
Dec 25, 2007

I am in the same boat. I wish I read this discussion few days ago. Anybody know if there is a way to get out of this? They assigned me a broker to sell my current timeshare in Florida and also rent 3 weeks at Club Velas Vallarta. Any information or help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ramakrishna A.
Dec 28, 2007

we went to one of the timeshare presentations when we stayed at the velas vallarta. I would not recommend doing so as they lied to us too. anyone interested in buying a timeshare there should just go online and find the poor person who did buy one who is trying to get rid of theirs. I did like the velas vallarta but would not stay there again because of the timeshare presentation. I was lied to and by the time I left the presentation truly mad!!! I hope others read this and do not invest there.

Nancy W.
Jan 28, 2008

We went to a presentation knowing we did NOT want to buy. But like so many, the lure of the place (it IS very beautiful) and the reassurances of the salesman that we could have our other timeshare sold, plus rent out weeks at the Velas, took us in. However, buyer's remorse quickly set in. I had heard about a law in Mexico that guarantees the right to a complete refund within 5 business days for ANY reason. WE took a written letter of our desire to opt out of the contract along with all of our contract documents and sales materials and returned them the very next day. They said they could not have us speak with the manager of sales because he did not work on Sundays. So we made an appointment and came back Monday. That's when the nightmare intensified. WE met with their "legal" guy, who was straight out of the Sopranos in character, a "fellow" American, lawyer/liar, from New York. He said our letter was worthless because we had signed away our right to cancel the deal. I argued that the law states you cannot sign that right away. He then informed us that since we got a "special" deal, buying the contract of another owner who had decided to "upgrade", that the right to cancel was voided. It is only valid on a contract just once, and only for the original buyer. Although I found that very hard to believe, and since I had not done my homework, my husband was able to convince me that if we didn't take their new and final offer, we'd be screwed. So we accepted a lesser unit, for a lower price, and again signed a waiver of our rights to cancel. By the time we got home and I was able to do more research, it was too late. We did get screwed. WE are still making payments on a "studio" that is only available in June and September, two months we can never use due to our school and work schedules. AS for the broker we paid $500 to, set up by Velas?? Never have heard a word. Nothing got sold, nothing has been rented. We hope others will read this and learn from our misfortune. If you ever find yourself in a similar state of buyer's panic while in Mexico, go to an internet cafe, google "time share frauds in Puerto Vallarta" and read the directions of what you must do to get out of it, but do it ASAP within your 5 days. WE learned that every tactic employed with us is standard operating procedure. Profeco (Federal Consumer Protection Agency for Mexico) WILL help you. They can force the company to refund all your money. They will even go with you if necessary. WE know of others who were in the same exact situation as we were, but got the help they needed from PROFECO. Hope this helps somebody in time. A Wary traveler from Washington State

Jacqueline B.
Mar 10, 2008

resolved

Valerie A.

Last edited by valeriea6 on Dec 02, 2009 10:03 AM

Mar 10, 2008

resolved

Valerie A.

Last edited by valeriea6 on Dec 02, 2009 10:04 AM

Mar 11, 2008

valeriea6 wrote:
jacquelineb53 wrote:
We went to a presentation knowing we did NOT want to buy. But like so many, the lure of the place (it IS very beautiful) and the reassurances of the salesman that we could have our other timeshare sold, plus rent out weeks at the Velas, took us in. However, buyer's remorse quickly set in. I had heard about a law in Mexico that guarantees the right to a complete refund within 5 business days for ANY reason. WE took a written letter of our desire to opt out of the contract along with all of our contract documents and sales materials and returned them the very next day. They said they could not have us speak with the manager of sales because he did not work on Sundays. So we made an appointment and came back Monday. That's when the nightmare intensified. WE met with their "legal" guy, who was straight out of the Sopranos in character, a "fellow" American, lawyer/liar, from New York. He said our letter was worthless because we had signed away our right to cancel the deal. I argued that the law states you cannot sign that right away. He then informed us that since we got a "special" deal, buying the contract of another owner who had decided to "upgrade", that the right to cancel was voided. It is only valid on a contract just once, and only for the original buyer. Although I found that very hard to believe, and since I had not done my homework, my husband was able to convince me that if we didn't take their new and final offer, we'd be screwed. So we accepted a lesser unit, for a lower price, and again signed a waiver of our rights to cancel. By the time we got home and I was able to do more research, it was too late. We did get screwed. WE are still making payments on a "studio" that is only available in June and September, two months we can never use due to our school and work schedules. AS for the broker we paid $500 to, set up by Velas?? Never have heard a word. Nothing got sold, nothing has been rented. We hope others will read this and learn from our misfortune. If you ever find yourself in a similar state of buyer's panic while in Mexico, go to an internet cafe, google "time share frauds in Puerto Vallarta" and read the directions of what you must do to get out of it, but do it ASAP within your 5 days. WE learned that every tactic employed with us is standard operating procedure. Profeco (Federal Consumer Protection Agency for Mexico) WILL help you. They can force the company to refund all your money. They will even go with you if necessary. WE know of others who were in the same exact situation as we were, but got the help they needed from PROFECO. Hope this helps somebody in time. A Wary traveler from Washington State
We also bought at Velas, big nightmare. I am wondering, how long ago did you purchase, because Mexican law gives you 1 yr from the time of purchase to be able to get your money refunded.
Wow!! Again, we learned too late! We purchased in July of 2006. I thought we only had the 5 days, so...still paying out for it, and in less than 2 years, the maintenance fee is already 200.00 dollars more than they said it was going to be, so it just keeps costing us, but we haven't ever even gone back. I sure hope somebody else can benefit from this info. in time...

Jacqueline B.
Mar 14, 2008

resolved

Valerie A.

Last edited by valeriea6 on Dec 02, 2009 10:04 AM

Mar 18, 2008

This is a very very immoral, and probably illegal way to sell timeshares and I can't believe I got taken in. I echo all the sentiments of those above. They promised they would sell a time share I wanted to get rid of for enough to pay for this time share. They promised that I would easily rent/resell weeks I did not want to use which has not been true. I paid $500.00 to a reseller to resell the other time share they said that they could easily sell and I never heard from them again. I paid a rediculous price of $18,000 for a 1 bedroom every other year. If you go to redweek.com, you will see many of these week for sale one as low as $600.00. Read em a weap folks!

Robert Y.
Mar 18, 2008

resolved

Valerie A.

Last edited by valeriea6 on Dec 02, 2009 10:05 AM

Mar 19, 2008

valeriea6 wrote:
ramakrishnaa wrote:
I am in the same boat. I wish I read this discussion few days ago. Anybody know if there is a way to get out of this? They assigned me a broker to sell my current timeshare in Florida and also rent 3 weeks at Club Velas Vallarta. Any information or help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

There is help for you if you signed a waiver giving up your right to the 5 day cancellation period. If you haven't found how to do this, go to www.mexicantimesharefraud.com and follow the instructions. You do have a year from date of sale to file with Profeco, if there were irregularities in the contract.

I signed the waiver but do not have a copy of it with me. Those crooks gave me copies of few documents not all. At that time I did not know that waiving is not valid and did not bother to ask for a copy. Is there any other way to get them?

Thanks for your help

Ramakrishna A.
Mar 20, 2008

resolved

Valerie A.

Last edited by valeriea6 on Dec 02, 2009 10:06 AM

Mar 20, 2008

resolved

Valerie A.

Last edited by valeriea6 on Dec 02, 2009 10:07 AM

Mar 20, 2008

resolved

Valerie A.

Last edited by valeriea6 on Dec 02, 2009 10:08 AM

Mar 20, 2008

resolved

Valerie A.

Last edited by valeriea6 on Dec 02, 2009 10:08 AM

Mar 20, 2008

resolved

Valerie A.

Last edited by valeriea6 on Dec 02, 2009 10:06 AM

Mar 20, 2008

Hi, We are interested in learning what if anything we can do to gain some kind of satisfaction from what has been a horribly expensive ordeal. Just the other day we got a mailing regarding the next Velas scamventure: Signature Club Velas or something like that. I've tried to call but only get a rude customer service person who won't talk to me but promises that somebody else will call me back. At this point we have not paid the fee for our first year of use (2008) and don't know what we should do. Plus we still owe so we pay a monthly credit card on this big mistake. We feel like fools, but if there could be a ray of hope, we want to learn more. Thanks!

Jacqueline B.

Last edited by marty8084 on Mar 24, 2008 02:08 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.