Travel Tips & Advice

Can someone explain the weeks for me?

Sep 23, 2007

adahiscout states, quoted in pertinet part:

Re: >> Ken mentions south east Florida on the Gulf. <<

Actually, Ken mentioned southWEST Florida on the Gulf. Ken doesn't know (or claim to know) much of anything at all about southeast FL (i.e., the Atlantic side). =====================================

Re: >> itseemed pretty "dead" when we were in the Tampa area. <<

That's not surprising, actually, since I don't think that the intensive demand area really begins until one gets considerably further south than that. My personal "guesstimate" is that the critical mass point for peak high demand actually begins somewhere right around Sarasota, continuing south without interruption down to (and through) the entire Keys.

A notable exception for booking access difficulty during this so-called "Snowbird season" time period is in and around Punta Gorda / Port Charlotte/ Lehigh Acres, because of an absence of any nearby beach access. For example, it's about a 45 minute (and very boring) drive to Englewood from Punta Gorda "in season". Who wants to be standing right there on the Gulf coast and then STILL have to drive 45 minutes just to get to a beach???). Not everyone, clearly (and not me, ever). However, there are also comparatively few timeshare resorts at all in that particular area anyhow, so "availability" is still a bit of a "relative" concept.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Sep 23, 2007 08:12 AM

Sep 23, 2007

Ken, I'd be curious to know how many weeks 5-15 you own in southwest Florida. Do you own adjoining weeks? It looks to be a supply and demand issue and you bought in a very high demand area with low supply. Kudos to you.

We live in a NC mountain development with 21 lots/homes. Out of the 21 homes 16 are owned by Floridians (or halfbacks from the north) that summer (or vacation) here then they go back to Florida in tha fall or early winter when it's cooler and less humidity. We've never visited south Florida in the dead of winter but we may have to do that one year. I'm sure many of our summer neighbors (and good friends) could find accomodations for us. Most of our summer neighbors are from both the southeast coast and the southwest coast of Florida.

R P.
Sep 23, 2007

ken1193 adahiscout states, quoted in pertinet part:

Re: >> Ken mentions south east Florida on the Gulf. <<

Actually, Ken mentioned southWEST Florida on the Gulf. Ken doesn't know (or claim to know) much of anything at all about southeast FL (i.e., the Atlantic side). ===================================== Oops! My typo. MD

Mary D.
Sep 23, 2007

message deleted

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jun 08, 2008 05:05 PM

Aug 06, 2008

Treating yourself to a spa weekend break would be all worth it after the gruelling race you made in a month's time of working. Weekend break has always been a welcoming relief to most to ease themselves with the accumulated stress and pressure over the weeks that have passed.

Andrew J.
Aug 07, 2008

This weekend I felt very bored every time i use to have a long drive The main reason that many families opt for a timeshare is that the quality of accommodations in their favourite vacation spot is much higher and usually much more affordable than motels or hotels in the area.

Andrew J.
Oct 24, 2008

Hi, Try Holiday group. Look them up on the internet. You can buy from them for Cheap. They will explain. how things work. I bought 3 time shares from them. TBE

Thomas E.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.