Timeshare Companies

Global Vacation system

Aug 07, 2009

I fell for this scam last year. June 25th and they keep coming up with excuses for delays and even had the gall to charge my credit card twice for fees. I threatened them with a lawsuit so now they are supposed to berefunding my money. Instead of crediting back my credit card they claim I will be getting a certified check because the money went to Royal Holiday in Mexico. I think we should all get aclass action suit against them and put them out of business!

Reba M.
Oct 16, 2009

This is for sure a scam.Worldwide Consolidators has told us the IRS has shut them down because they didnt pay their taxes. They claim that a company called vacation mangement corp.(out of Miami Fl) bought them out. We had a timeshare they were going to purchase. We paid for something called VAT tax, now they came up with a excuse they need more money. We contacted the FBI in Miami about this they told us there was no such thing as VAT tax for a property. A total scam do not ever send money they will find every excuse in the book to keep putting you off and keep taking your money. We are trying to get our money back we will see if that happens. Just beware dont get caught in their trap!

Michelle C.
Oct 17, 2009

I posted this many months ago this is just a reminder to those who are interested. I also own a business and I can tell there is no business out there that when you request letters of refernce would ever ever ever give you a person who would write anything negative. We tried very hard to make this sale work out. We worked for 6 months with them. With every contract re=write the offer was always in their favor. We could never get them to take any and all fees out of the sale of our points. The orginal contract was for about $47000.00 to us for the forwarding off about $9000.00 from a visa or MC on the first half of the sale and then after 3 weeks a repeat of the same. this was going to be $94000.00 in our pocket and $18000.00 in theirs. The contracts all read that we waived our right to question the charges after X number of days. I forwarded the contract waiver to our credit card company and was called by them almost immediately with warnings that this is common in faud cases. My lawyer informed me that if i proceeded with this sale i could always fight them. WHO IS THEM AND WHERE COULD WE FIND THEM? This is how our lawyer addressed this matter. I questioned them on information for wiring money to their account and rather than using a credit card. I listened for minutes to the excuse as to why their corparate office did not use this practice. I figured if I could get banking information then i would have a little more power if we decided to try to go through with the sale.To make a long story even longer they still continue to contact us about selling our points. My answer is now and will always be. Yep lets go ahead and make the deal today. The callers voice perks up and then he runs some more through his pitch and then I hit them with once you send me the money then I will sign all the contracts. If they give my any tongue I tell them I have contacted royal holiday and they are frauds. Ann

Ann S.
Oct 18, 2009

What in the world were you trying to sale? The $47,000 then $94,000 boggles my mind .... are you speaking of timeshares or some kind of vacation points or what?

R P.
Jan 04, 2010

We made the mistake of dealing with GVS through another company World Vacation Network, who after paying a VAT fee (required if selling a timeshare in Mexico) decided they were not licensing to to business is Mexico and turn our transaction over to GVS. Okay, you can call us stupid, but we have been going through this since Aug. 2008 with GVS. Did anyone with GVS ever give you the story that Micheal Dean, ( the supposed owner) died after a car wreck? I would have to go back through all my hunreds of e-mails from them, but think it was in March or April 09. Who are you contacting to try to get your money back? My attorney has been no help at all, just told us it was a Ponzi and say goodbye to our money. We would be willing to go in with any and all persons who have been scammed by this people for a class action lawsuit. Thanks Tana

Tana L.
Jan 06, 2010

I pruchased Royal Holiday 80,000 credits in Feb 07, at Los Tules in Puerto Vallarta. The salesman told me he was going to buy my existing 5 timeshares for $47,000 because Royal Holiday needed my premier resorts in Cabo and Pv for their clients usage and provided me with 5 offers with the company that purchased for RHC, International Leisure Group(Gene Cantrell) who supposedly died in an auto accident just as I was to get funded. I went back to RHC in PV in Nov. 07, confronted this salesman who now had another name than that which he gave me. He faxed my Int. Leisure Group contacts to Travel Consolidators (Michael Mills) who assurred me that they would pay me since they were the party that was to purchase these timeshares from Int. Leisure Gr. He assurred me that I would have my money before the first of 2008 because his company had a lot of money and paid better than Int. Leisure Gr. After a lot of back and forth emails inquiring when I would get the proceeds of these contracts, on 3-8-08 I got the contract from Michael Dean for $42,077.93 for 4 of my timeshares at other resorts plus of course IVA... I had paid $5396.17 plus a foreign transaction fee of $164.88 thru my Mastercard account. I sent all my paperwork to Mastercard's fraud center , filed a complaint and after 4 months got my charge reversed because GVS used a reputatable merchant account that maintained funds. I had been promised by Paul Castle that the wire transferd funds had been in fact wired from their account in Cayman and the problem must be with my Wells Fargo Bank. I took everything into my bank, they tried to follow up with the GVS bank an found out that GVS had no account with them, never received my wire transfer orders, etc... GVS Michael Dean & John Garcia both tried to have me send another $899. because so much time had passed they needed to obtain updated ownership info so that they could fund me! I had alrready received the IVA fees refund at that time but they were unaware of that. I dropped my quest for the whole year on this contract. About 1month ago I was contacted by a David Reeves and Mark Diaz who told me that GVS had fired Garcia and M. Dean, apologized for my problems with their company and wanted to purchase my RHC credits and my timeshare with Sheraton Hacienda del Mar in Cabo. Same story, they need IVA funds and that they were purchasing my contract and timeshare for their inventory. Today I took everything into Wells Fargo Bank and they sent my paperwork to their Fraud department! They told me not to pay until the fraud dept. got back to me.

In conclusion, I believe all these names are false because all the voices and accents sound the same. I think there is only 1 or possibly 2 people asociated with these names.... Thanks for listening to my RANT! LOL Carol Lambert

Carol A.
Jan 07, 2010

Both Our vacation gives us many options. Weeks of vacations from points, weeks of vactions from certificates, air fair, cruises, even unlimited travel to certain destinations. There so called legal team could buy from us any unused portions of these vacations during the years in question. The catch was that there was a charge per line item to process each type of vacation. Roughly $9000.00 US and then within x number of days I would be paid so many dallars for each line item I sold them. That would profit us roughly $47,000 US per transaction. When those numbers came up I knew there was a problem. I turned everything around and try to work it that I had all my money up front. This is a scam has been since the first time they contacted us to the last time they contacted us oct 2009. I want people to know that it is horrible to get caught up in this. Some do get taken for a great deal of money with no recourse and then who wants to admit that this has happened to them. I have yet to see proof that anyone has made this deal work,

Ann S.
Feb 08, 2010

The is the notice I just received from my company copied and pasted from the letter

Dear Gregory,

RCI has recently learned that entities with no affiliation with RCI are contacting timeshare owners and incorrectly stating or implying that they are affiliated with RCI. These third party entities may offer to assist in the sale or rental of owners’ timeshare interests for an upfront fee, or they may invite an owner to attend an informational dinner to discuss updates to RCI exchange programs. Please exercise caution if you are contacted by anyone claiming to be related to RCI and call RCI directly at 1-877-968-7476 (RCI Points® Members) or 1-800-338-7777 (RCI® Weeks Members) with any questions.

RCI also has been informed that certain resale service providers are offering to sell an owner’s timeshare (including RCI members) and thereby relieve the owner of her or his ongoing maintenance fee obligation, in exchange for payment of upfront fees and execution of a power of attorney to sell the owner’s timeshare. Owners receiving such offers may wish to consult with an attorney and/or their resort to confirm that a transfer of ownership and the corresponding maintenance fee obligation will occur as represented and any resulting sale or rental will be honored.

Although not a complete list, please be advised that the following companies are not affiliated with RCI: Global Destinations Consulting, Inc. (also known as “GDC”); A+ Advisors, Inc. (also known as “RCI Management” or “World Points Management”); RCI Acquisitions and Rentals, Corp.; Equity Marketing Corp. (also known as Resort Equity Marketing); RCI Financial Management, LLC; Timeshare Relief, Inc.; and APEX Professionals, LLC.

RCI values its members and supports efforts by the American Resort Development Association (ARDA) to help consumers and timeshare owners navigate through the secondary market. While some entities are legitimate resellers or rental agents of timeshare inventory, others are not. For additional information, please see ARDA’s consumer advisories at http://www.vacationbetter.org/selling-your-timeshare.

Sincerely,

Gordon Gurnik President RCI North America

Ann S.
Feb 09, 2010

What a bunch of CRAP!!!

Larry W.
Feb 10, 2010

larryw242 wrote:
What a bunch of CRAP!!!

I wouldn't be surprised if this is not happening .... upfront fee scammers will tell any lie to get that upfront fee including lying that they're affiliated with RCI.

R P.
Feb 10, 2010

Contact the attorney general of the liars home state and file a complaint it might help!!!

Larry W.
Feb 23, 2010

I made the same mistake as you. Have you had any luck with a class action lawsuit? I would be willing to go on it too!

Darren

Darren Y.
Feb 24, 2010

darreny6 wrote:
I made the same mistake as you. Have you had any luck with a class action lawsuit? I would be willing to go on it too! Darren

We were once involved in a class action lawsuit (we weren't the initiator) involving a company dumping tainted water in the river we lived on .... it was successful and we recieved $5000 .... a neighbor owned 2 river front lots and she got $10,000, so they do work if the initiator gets enough people to sign on and you have a really good cause like fraud or scams.

R P.
Apr 11, 2010

This IS a rip-off. I have dealt with this company and they promised me $30,000 usd for

Ken L.
Sep 23, 2011

I was approached by phone today to sell my timeshare and this company doesn't want money upfront like every other does. Is this real? I pay a commission after I have sold this through them. Does anyone know this company or has dealt with them with success. Please let me know.

Albertine L.
Sep 23, 2011

Me too!!!! Can we keep in touch and share information?

Sylvia F.

Last edited by sylviaf32 on Sep 23, 2011 05:54 PM

Sep 24, 2011

Who or what is the name of the company ? Curious to see if you have success.

Tony L.
Sep 24, 2011

albertinel wrote:
I was approached by phone today to sell my timeshare and this company doesn't want money upfront like every other does. Is this real? I pay a commission after I have sold this through them. Does anyone know this company or has dealt with them with success. Please let me know.

Unless you have been approached by legitimate http://timesharebrokersmls.com/ (and I doubt it since they don't do cold calls) then there will be an upfront fee of some kind after they snag you in (they may call it a title search, a preparation of deed or whatever).

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Sep 24, 2011 08:36 AM

Sep 24, 2011

I had nothing but grief with this company! They tried to scam me, but I paid the fees with my American Express card and with Amex card's fraud division, I was able to get the mone back. When you talk to them, record the conversation then tell them you will get back to them.

They told me some pretty extreme claims; that someone wanted to buy my Royal Holiday Club membership and was willing to pay me a large amount of money for the membership! It sounded too good to be true, after I agreed to the offer, I was switched over to a closer, who reiterated the terms and in the conversation stated that I understood that they had no buyer for my stuff,( which by the way, the salesman told me not to tell the closer he had told me that they had a buyer) and if it sounds too good to be true, it's a scam!!

In the original conversation with the salesman, I had given him my credit card info, when I talked with the closer, I told him I was not interested in the offer by the salesman and that he promised that there was a buyer for my stuff. Well, needless to say, my card was charged, a contract came to me delivered by courier, requiring my signature and returned to the courier. I destroyed the contract and gave it back in the envelop to the courier along with an email to GVs to refund my money and a copy of the email to Amex with a fraud report attached! The amount was $5400. for IVA tax and additional amount of about $3500 for title search!~ I have no title, just a vacation club membership with RHC. You need to be very careful and alert to their schemes if you decide to sell with them. I don't think that they take credit card payments anymore because of the credit card protection laws. I think they now require you to pay cash with pay pal or the likes... NO PROTECTION, your money is gone.. Good luck. Carol

Carol A.
Sep 24, 2011

Yes, Michael Dean was to deliver my money to me in Los Vegas and I was to meet him there, however, he died in a car accident on the way! So you got that storey also? (my problem was with RHC, Puerta Vallarta contract which was another scam!)

I also wanted to connect with others to file a class action and was contacted by Owners Advocate in Santa Barbara, which I Paid$999.00 for help but they did nothing but (another scam) then went Bankrupt. I have many e-mails to and about them with hundreds of others in the same situation. By mistake, Owners Adv. sent an email advising of the updating of their computer program and that they would be unavailable for a period of time, well their email included all of their contacts email addresses! Now everyone had each others contact info so if one did something we all had the info. That's when they went BK

Carol A.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.