General Discussion

Global Resort Management!

May 24, 2010

HI JayJay, thank you for writing.. I am not actually employed.. I am a stay at home mother of two children. I am very sorry you are extremely upset with Global Resorts Management and couldnt help but wonder if they did something bad to you. If so, I would think you'd need to make a phone call to them personally rather than bashing them online. Your issue with 'paying up front fee' - just leads me to wonder why you have a beef with it.. when I moved to the area, I had to obtain car insurance.. I actually had to PAY upfront before I was given a policy. Most people dont work for free.. the point with this company is that they guarantee to help sell and/or rent your timeshare.. that's pretty much it in a nutshell.. and no, you dont have to know me personaly, but you're assuming that I am working for the company and I'm not. We all know what the word assume means.. and if you dont, let me spell it out for you.. Assume makes an ass out of you an me... and we both know we're not asses, right? I'm very sorry that you've had some tainted experiences with companies offering to sell or rent timeshares that you personally own or dont own.. You are correct, there ARE companies out there that are scams.. but those companies are not Global Resorts Management and cannot hold a candle to them or their guarantee. Have a great day and cheer up.. it's not all bad! lol.

Timeshare O.

Last edited by timeshareo3 on May 24, 2010 05:24 AM

May 24, 2010

timeshareo3 wrote:
Hi JayJay.....Your issue with 'paying up front fee' - just leads me to wonder why you have a beef with it.. when I moved to the area, I had to obtain car insurance.. I actually had to PAY upfront before I was given a policy.
I'm not jayjay, nor do I wish to defend or speak for jayjay. However, your insurance example is lame and irrelevant, since you immediately GET something (an insured vehicle) right away when you pay "upfront" for policy coverage. You get NOTHING when you pay an upfront fee to a timeshare reseller --- just some empty promises and false claims.

I appeal once again to anyone and everyone reading here to find and study everything you can about Global Resort Management (including three pages of posts in this very thread in this very forum). Read up about any and all other "upfront fee" resale entities as well, since they all operate basically the same way. Then DECIDE FOR YOURSELF whose input is actually credible vs. who is just "blowing smoke" when they lamely endorse these assorted, parasitic "upfront fee" entities.

Personally, I have NO affiliation of any kind with any timeshare site or any other entity, commercial or otherwise. I have NEVER had any such affiliation at any time either. That much very clearly stated for the record, I AM a timeshare owner, user and a close observer of the industry --- for nearly 30 years now. I have NEVER ONCE during those 30 years witnessed a documented, proven instance of ANY upfront fee company EVER actually successfully selling someone's timeshare. NEVER. Do you find the word NEVER in any way ambiguous or unclear?

Ignore any and all bogus "money back guarantees" (which will never actually be honored). Don't give ANY of your hard earned money to ANY of these "upfront fee" parasites in the first place. Simple!

Remember, there are no victims in these matters --- only volunteers. DON'T VOLUNTEER!

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on May 24, 2010 10:15 AM

May 24, 2010

davidm1228 wrote:
you know it's real simple people, just do your homework...!!!
Excellent advice, David. In following it, I just now looked at the Global Resort Management website. I will now quote some of their own words, verbatim, exactly as they appear on that GRM site:

"We have determined that for purposes of Section 721.20(9)(2) of the Florida Statutes, that our sale percentage for the prior 2 year period is less than 1/10 of 1%."

My bet is that "less than 1/10 of 1%" actually means ZERO, but stated in such a way as not to have to openly admit or use the word ZERO! (Fyi, Since July 09, 2009, Florida law REQUIRES all upfront fee resellers operating in Florida to openly disclose their sales success rate).

The next sentence on the GRM site made me burst out laughing:

"We strongly feel that this statistic is grossly irrelevant".

Well folks, there you have it, right from the horse's own mouth --- a sales success rate of "less than 1/10 of 1%". If YOU also "feel that this statistic is grossly irrelevant", as GRM clearly says THEY feel, then by all means go right ahead and send these parasites your hard earned money --- for GRM to then accomplish ABSOLUTELY NOTHING for you.

Remember, there are NO victims in such matters --- only VOLUNTEERS. DON'T VOLUNTEER!

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on May 24, 2010 05:39 PM

May 24, 2010

Well you have made some really good points.. I just did not know of any other time share company that guaranteed to do what they said or your money back other than GRM. As with the insurance example, yes, it is totally comparing apples to skyscrapers, I presume.. it's just I couldnt get a guarantee of insurance without first paying the premium. As it were, the one post in this thread said the person was skeptical and they ended up coming through for them. I wish you all the best. I was told that if a person had trouble with the upfront fee, they'd work with them...but they have been in business 7 years now and they must be doing something right or I would expect they'd be shut down.

Timeshare O.

Last edited by timeshareo3 on May 24, 2010 06:17 PM

May 25, 2010

timeshareo3 wrote:
...they have been in business 7 years now and they must be doing something right or I would expect they'd be shut down.
No, that statement is neither true nor accurate, with due respect.

The ONE AND ONLY thing GRM is "doing right" is continually succeeding in getting unsuspecting, trusting (...but uninformed) people to voluntarily part with hard earned money in their desperation to sell off an unwanted timeshare. Collecting those "advertising and marketing" fees is really the one and only GRM goal --- and they are apparently achieving it. The ONLY reason GRM is still in business (and probably even thriving) with timeshare values having tanked since 2008 is that desperate people really (and understandably) "want to believe". You can't blame those desperate folks --- but we certainly CAN educate others to try to help vulnerable people avoid falling into the same expensive, ineffective pit of deceit and false hopes.

As far as GRM being "shut down", there is no reason for that to happen, since what GRM doing is not actually illegal. It may well be unethical and it's CERTAINLY completely ineffective in selling people's timeshares --- but it's not "illegal". GRM gets peoples' hopes up to (incorrectly, falsely) believe that GRM somehow has magical (...but never actually described in any detail) "advertising and marketing" methods which will somehow magically lead to selling a timeshare. BUT --- GRM makes NO claims of any kind that the timeshare will ever be sold, nor that they actually have any buyers. And alas, there is STILL that pesky, persistent statisticasl FACT, stated by GRM itself in their very own words, coming right back to haunt them;

"our sale percentage for the prior 2 year period is less than 1/10 of 1%".

Those above quoted words (stated and admitted ONLY because GRM is REQUIRED to do so to comply with Florida's 2009 open disclosure law) says much more about the "effectiveness" of this company (and all others like them) than ANYTHING I or anyone else could possibly hope to say to try to convince people to KEEP YOUR MONEY AND STAY AWAY from these parasites (...and from all of the other parasites like them).

There are no "victims" in these matters --- only unwise volunteers. DON'T VOLUNTEER!

...'Nuff said.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on May 25, 2010 06:30 AM

May 25, 2010

timeshareo3 wrote:
HI JayJay, thank you for writing.. I am not actually employed.. I am a stay at home mother of two children. I am very sorry you are extremely upset with Global Resorts Management and couldnt help but wonder if they did something bad to you. If so, I would think you'd need to make a phone call to them personally rather than bashing them online. Your issue with 'paying up front fee' - just leads me to wonder why you have a beef with it.. when I moved to the area, I had to obtain car insurance.. I actually had to PAY upfront before I was given a policy. Most people dont work for free.. the point with this company is that they guarantee to help sell and/or rent your timeshare.. that's pretty much it in a nutshell.. and no, you dont have to know me personaly, but you're assuming that I am working for the company and I'm not. We all know what the word assume means.. and if you dont, let me spell it out for you.. Assume makes an ass out of you an me... and we both know we're not asses, right? I'm very sorry that you've had some tainted experiences with companies offering to sell or rent timeshares that you personally own or dont own.. You are correct, there ARE companies out there that are scams.. but those companies are not Global Resorts Management and cannot hold a candle to them or their guarantee. Have a great day and cheer up.. it's not all bad! lol.

It's ALL UPFRONT FEE resale scammers that I have a problem with, not just GRN .... you say you don't work for them but you surely defend them .... your husband must work for GRN and he's evidently not getting any suckers to believe his spiel THANKS TO INTERNET FORUMS SUCH AS REDWEEK and others.

I bought and eventually sold 9 timeshares a few years ago .... in no way would I have considered paying an upfront fee resale company several hundred to over a thousand dollars TO DO SOMETHING I COULD EASILY DO MYSELF .... I listed on internet ad sites such as Redweek and others with a complete description of what I owned including pictures and I sold every one of them MYSELF.

R P.
May 25, 2010

Actually, I'm not married..lol.. but anyway, that's really awesome that you were able to sell these yourself. Very admirable and given that you included photos I'm sure really helped out... hey, maybe people can have you sell for them, instead! lol.. anyway, congratulations on the successes. I just know that for me with my timeshare I used GRM and they did help me but that's another story... I had a bit of a wait but they eventually came through. I have to agree with you there, though, about the upfront fee thing.. it can freak people out.. what they told me is that by law they were not allowed to collect their fee in the back end.. it had to be upfront. Anyway, thanks for your information.. maybe if I get into another timeshare situation, I can tap into your resources. Have a great day and thanks for writing.

Timeshare O.
May 25, 2010

timeshareo3 wrote:
I just know that for me with my timeshare I used GRM and they did help me but that's another story... I had a bit of a wait but they eventually came through.
Please tell us more SPECIFIC details of exactly how GRM allegedly "helped" you. If your assertion is that they actually sold your timeshare for you, then (upon actual PROOF of this claim) you will be the FIRST instance of documented success by an upfront fee reseller that I have EVER encountered at ANY time in the past nearly 30 years.

One more time people, GRM ITSELF openly admits IN WRITING that:

"our sale percentage for the prior 2 year period is less than 1/10 of 1%". (And again, one more time, it is my own belief that this is just an indirect, cagey way of quietly describing the number ZERO!).

So, timeshare03: If you want your vague claim to be credible, please provide the recorded book, page, county and state of your (allegedly) completed sale (i.e., the specific sale details on the recorded deed). As the "grantor" in any sale, you would have been provided with a copy of the new recorded deed containing ALL of this information. Since any and all such instruments are open, public records, it will then be VERY easy for any reader here to research and independently verify (or disprove) for themselves your somewhat vague claim that these parasites somehow magically "helped" you.

I won't be holding my breath while awaiting these verifying details however, since (no personal offense intended) I don't actually believe for one moment that GRM ever sold your (...or any other) timeshare. Please accept my CHALLENGE to you to prove me wrong with some actual FACTS here to support your fuzzy, vague claim of somehow being "helped" by these particular upfront fee "listing" parasites!

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on May 27, 2010 01:37 PM

Jun 14, 2010

I am canceling my recent contract with Global Resort Management today, because I have become aware of a 2009 Florida Legislative law that requires every resale company to disclose on their contract the ratio of listings to sales for the past two years of business. NOONE does that because it would spell disaster. It was Wyndham that alerted me to this, just in time to save those $$'s! This is my third attempt to list my large holdings in Wyndham. I do not believe anyone is buying, except in the sales offices! They do know how to get you! SOOO my advice to everyone is DO NO business on the phone, especially where they want money up front! EVER.

Brucia W.
Jun 14, 2010

bruciaw wrote:
I have become aware of a 2009 Florida Legislative law that requires every resale company to disclose on their contract the ratio of listings to sales for the past two years of business.
Personally, although I may be mistaken, I do NOT believe that the aforementioned July, 2009 Florida legislation actually requires that sales percentages be disclosed "on a contract". As far as I know, publicly posting this particular information on their company web site is equally sufficient to meet those disclosure requirements. After all, many (...not all, but many) of these upfront fee "listing" parasites don't even use written contracts at all in the first place, relying instead solely upon oral (telephone) acquisition of credit card information and authorization to charge same.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jun 14, 2010 04:15 PM

Aug 10, 2010

I haven't signed with these people but they contacted me. The info posted here convences me I wlll not give them a dime.

Thanks

Ronald S.
Sep 14, 2010

I think the best thing, since we are talking about promises Global Network is making is to tell them to sell it or rent it first, sign the contract and you will pay them the money like any other real estate transaction. Pretty soon......they will go out of business if they can't deliver the goods.

Laurie M.
Sep 14, 2010

Written guarantees do not hold up in court. Sorry to tell you this.

Laurie M.
Sep 14, 2010

Global Management may have good intentions but the fact remains in this market it is difficult to sell a timeshare. You take your chances. Perhaps they will honor the contract that guarantees a refund perhaps they won't. Would like to have to take a major corporation like this to court to get them to refund your out of pocket expense? The ball is totally in their court not the consumers. As a consumer, beware. Be prepared to loose the money and then you will be happy if it doesn't happen.

Laurie M.
Sep 14, 2010

All good information. I think I will pass on Global Resort Management.

Laurie M.
Jun 30, 2011

I'm not sure if this will "reply" to the message I was attempting to respond to, but someone posted that they were taken by this fraudulent agency and the people were rude. as some of my friends have said, "you aint ever lied"!!! That exactly my experience with them. I went against my husband and was jipped like many others. It's been definitely more than 2 years, possibly 3 and a half, if my memory serves me correct. I've received NOT one call!! And when I did get a call, this week, I got excited for nothing. After all the money I put out and this has cost me, they had the nerve to offer me $100 to close it out!!! are you kiddding me? I paid $600 on a credit card! They told me i didn't have to pay the taxes so now I have those fees that are past due and we've still been paying our monthly fee. $100!?!? what an insult! What about one of those lawsuits? what are they called class action? anyone know of one going on? We need to get one started to get AAAAALLLLLLLL our monies back!

Ms. K.
Nov 15, 2011

I have read through the reviews on Global Resort Management. I was fooled as well. I paid $700 to have my timeshare listed with these people. I held to my end of the deal and contacted them when required to update my posting. I have never recieved a call from anyone wanting to buy my timeshare. I would like to have my money back. They have done nothing. I suggest we all file a lawsuit against them. I was offered a $100 to close out my account about 2 months ago just like some others in the forum. I of course said NO. Let me know if anyone has any ideals or know what I can do to get a refund. I have a contract. Do any of you. Thanks

Myona S.
Nov 16, 2011

Contact the Florida Attorney-General. I believe this company is currently under investigation by the FL A-G. That may be why GRM is trying to settle with you.

Lance C.
Nov 20, 2011

Thanks for the info. I just reported it to scambook.com as well.

Myona S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.