Hotel Bel-Air Puerto Vallarta

belaire golf resort and spa

Jan 22, 2014

Well like everyday always some new with this time share fraud. I received a call yesterday from the Mexican Fraud Investigation Unit in Guadalajara Jalisco. Claiming they have sized millions of dollar that has been fraud-ed from US and Canadian citizens in the last 8-10 years. Has anyone else had the call or heard from these guys? So far they did not request any money "nor will I ever send any" . Every thing now for me from Mexico is suspect?

David E.
Jan 23, 2014

This is getting old, but yes I have been contacted by the Mexican fraud division or whatever it is they call themselves. I'm done with. I just mess with them as much as I can. It's the only satisfaction any of us will ever have.

Doug H.
Jan 24, 2014

Jim, Based on what you say you must have a lot of inside information that would be be important in bringing this matter to justice. Have you taken and shared such information with any authority, understanding that not all agencies are corrupt?

Sucked I.
Jan 24, 2014

I am one of the original developers/investors of building the Belaire, not a timeshare owner. I can tell you for a fact that Antonio and his crew are incredible sociopaths. Let's just say that life is definitely stranger than fiction in their world. Think Sopranos on steroids!! I won't get into details but let your imagination run wicked and the add 110%. I wish you all the best but it won't be easy. There are reasons he gets away with it. The government is in his back pocket. And the $750,000 watch is most likely a fake. All of them were years ago but he has made many millions in that time so who knows. Good luck to all. Oh, and doubt Tony ever had any intentions of actually building the place, it's just a front for generating cash. There was actually never any plumbing in the model units. Good luck to all of you. It is incredible that something like this can actually happen in this day but it is a testament to the criminal genius and resources of Antonio.

Jim C.
Feb 12, 2014

Hello, i have been watching you comments over the years. I too go ripped off many years ago from the Belaire. Although i just received many emails in the past, none of which i trust, I just recieved one that seems more legitimate than the others and does not require any cash or personal information. I'm skeptical about working with them but i think i may give it a shot.

Mr.STECKER I am contacting you in reference to the pending litigation between your membership Resort and the Secretaria de Hacienda y Credito Publico. According to the new rules set out in the Diario Oficial de la Federacion and the commitment of our institution (SHCP), the legal department of SHCP, UIF & BBVA Bancomer provides full representation through documentation and court proceedings on your behalf. With resolutions from the Supreme court in Mexico all proceeds to benefit clients with be released within 48 - 72 hours. NAME OF CLIENT: TODD STECKER MEMBERSHIP: BEL AIR RESORT LOCATION: PUERTO VALLARTA Procedure and Process of our Department 1. Assist to the Police Station named PGR in Mexico City and make a full complaint about the Fraudulent Activity of the membership. 2. They will assign a preliminary inquiry number at the same time they will assign to an agency of the Ministerio Publico. 3. Present witnesses and evidence of the events occurred. 4. They will issue a subpoena against the people involved in this fraudulent activity. The legal representatives for your Membership holder have already been subpoenaed to court therefore this process is already at step 4. In some cases this means immediate reimbursement however this process is guaranteed to the last no longer than 10 business days once you have submitted all necessary documentation to SHCP. Thank You. Lic. Misael Gomez Secretaria de Hacienda y Crédito Público Tel. 011- 52-55-4631-9729

Todd S.
Feb 12, 2014

Should I also send the documents to the Police?

Paulette B.
Feb 13, 2014

LOL - my thoughts exactly!

S F.
Feb 13, 2014

I will be vacationing in PV in March, at the Paradise Village resort. Is there anything that I can check on or anyone I can meet to see if any of this is legitimate?

S F.
Feb 14, 2014

I am an owner at Belaire since 2007. I am in Cabo now and while I am in Cabo I went to another pitch. During the presentation the hombre told me that the unit that they were promoting had a buy back agreement. My answer was that I had heard that one before. I proceeded to tell him the short version of my experience with Tony Copella. Tony in certainly famous because everyone selling timeshares in Mexico knows of him. The hombre went on to tell me that the Mexican government is embarrassed by Tony's actions and that they are trying to straighten the mess out. The government says that another timeshare will get tax credits etc. to anyone who helps by buying out the contracts that were made at Belaire. So the salesman said that he would give me credit if I purchased what he had to offer. Do I believe what he said? Do pigs fly? He also contended that he heard that Tony is now back in the US. No proof, however. Did I fall for the new purchase? NO NO NO

Lois J.
Feb 14, 2014

We heard that (tax break story) from Tony when we bought in 2007 and traded our real Grand Mayan in for a non-existent property. Now they are just using Tony's name to validate their scheme.

Sucked I.
Feb 15, 2014

Advise as to current investigations. Did anyone re dove any money..?

Regina B.
Feb 15, 2014

Not that I know of. Still wishing to see anything.

Lois J.
Feb 15, 2014

Did you ever find out the answer to sending the docs to policia?

Paulette B.
Feb 27, 2014

Yes, definitely another scam.. again! They want us to pay them $4,000 in court fees before they send us the settlement. I told them to just take it out of the settlement and they said they can't. I will never invest money in a foreign country again. The system is corrupt and you can't trust anything anyone says.

Todd S.
Feb 27, 2014

Does anyone know: "Are we to send all of documents for the class action to the Policia for the judge to review AS Well AS SENDING the attorney representing our interests? Please post this if you know or have ideas on your course of action. Thanks!

Paulette B.
Feb 27, 2014

Who is they?

Lois J.
Feb 28, 2014

FYI: If you want to learn about the latest scam, it was very convincing.

http://www.insidethegate.com/gatehouse/2014/01/mexico-timeshare-news-january-4-2014/

Todd S.
Mar 03, 2014

Mexican Internet and phone fraud scan headed by an imposter lawyer is now praying on victims who purchased either a pre-construction or resort membership at the Belaire Vacation Club or Hotel U/ Signature Club Resort located in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.

This operation has an Internet presence under the name of "The Mexican Federal Fraud Investigation Unit. This private scam is not associated or connected to the Mexican government. This unethical or fake Lawyer running this fraud goes by the name of Lic Virgilio Antonio Vallejo Montano (Antonio Vallejo) and will even send by email a fake lawyer ID badge showing his legal status to practice in Mexico. He will have a pretend legal assistants first contact you by phone to get you to send information about your financial losses related to the Belaire resort membership.

They claim to be able to recover monetary funds seized by the Mexican Revenue Division or other Mexican agency from this closed down timeshare resort. NOT TRUE!

They ask fraud victims to sign a secrecy and confidence agreement stating the "Plaintiff" will not disclose the nature of the terms by the Mexican Federal Fraud Investigation Unit. They may even later threaten you with legal action or punishment if you share or disclose information on their fraud/ fake legal practices.

They claim there is no legal or other costs to represent you in the recovery of lost money. After you sign the secrecy and confidence agreement their story changes and they want you to bank wire transfer fund to their "Scotiabank" payable to the beneficiary account named as "Agencia De Transferencias Internacionales." DO NO SEND ANY MONEY!!

You as a timeshare fraud victim will be told you must pay a court filing fee for the judge to evaluate your claim for recovery of lost funds. NOT TRUE or necessary in most Mexican legal actions to pay a filing fee at this stage!

If you pay the filing fees they will later tell you the Mexican Federal Revenue Division requires "impuestos" or taxes on the money you can recover, but you are again asked to send a bank wire transfer to their account.

I hired a real Mexican lawyer and he did an official investigation on the furnished Mexican judge's name and their was no such person. The lawyer is suspect also. Also the court documents the Mexican Federal Fraud Investigation Unit sent by email were determined by the Guadalajara Supreme Court Judge to be counterfeit and forgeries.

Spread the word and bring help others to avoid all fund recovery offers.

Gean S.
Mar 04, 2014

to: geans

You did a great diligence job! Please forward your message to SCOTIA BANK so that they can freeze whatever funds those jokers placed in the Bank. Since these SCAMS are using the bank on a fraudulent scheme, I am sure that Scotia Bank would not tolerate that kind of dirty banking using the Bank.

Ramon C.
Mar 04, 2014

We all need to find Internet sites to spread the word and stop the Mexican Federal Fraud Investigation Unit from taking money from all scammed victims. Please help! If anyone has a email address to "Scotiabank" whose given address is Blvd. Juan Alonso de Torres #1315 Col. San Jose del Consuelo., Leon, Guanajuato, Mexico; please get a point of contact who speaks English for me. I lost several thousands of dollars wire transferred to this bank's account.

This fraud money recovery scam and enticement to get timeshare membership victims to participate unknowingly in what appears to actually be considered as a money laundry money scam and outright theft uses; counterfeit lawyer identification, fake civil court transaction forms, incomplete and fake Mexican judicial documents from a non existent Mexican civil judge, and "SAT" declaration forms to recover funds. This scam also uses another Abogado/ attorney at law named Saul Fernandez Quintero on it's case file ID form. I found out that "The Mexican Federal Fraud Investigation Unit" never filed any legal document (as they claimed) with a court, so they kept my money and performed no services on my behalf according to the Mexican lawyer and real judge I had investigate this citation. This Unit's lawyer just kept calling and insulting me for not sending the 14.9% taxes to his bank account. If enough people spread the word about them, we can end their fraud scam and save others from more grief and financial lose.

Gean S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.