Club Land'Or Resort

The Land'Or

Apr 16, 2008

delete

Shirley R.

Last edited by shirley779 on Aug 29, 2012 06:21 PM

Apr 25, 2008

I have been on the Red Week blog for a month or so. What I have noticed is, that are a lot of people complaining and very unhappy with their timeshare experience. We'll either humans are gluttons for punishment or these timeshare sales people are amazing. I think it is a little of both. What I am getting at is, there is a better and cheaper way to do this. I have found this amazing VIP Vacation Membership that is far cheaper than any timeshare and it is unlimited and for life. You can stay at 3, 4, and 5 star resorts from $298-$798 for 7 nights. Not per night for 7 nights. There are over 5000 resorts worldwide and fantastic customer service. Stop being upset about a bad investment and make a good one.

Nolan A.

Last edited by marty8084 on Apr 26, 2008 02:07 AM

Apr 26, 2008

nolana3 wrote:
I have been on the Red Week blog for a month or so. What I have noticed is, that are a lot of people complaining and very unhappy with their timeshare experience. We'll either humans are gluttons for punishment or these timeshare sales people are amazing. I think it is a little of both. What I am getting at is, there is a better and cheaper way to do this. I have found this amazing VIP Vacation Membership that is far cheaper than any timeshare and it is unlimited and for life. You can stay at 3, 4, and 5 star resorts from $298-$798 for 7 nights. Not per night for 7 nights. There are over 5000 resorts worldwide and fantastic customer service. Stop being upset about a bad investment and make a good one.

My brother bought into a Vacation Membership deal and he likes his timeshare better. May I ask the name of the company you bought into? It obviously isn't the same as His. If it was, you would have a different opinion I think. He can never find a location he wants to travel to when he wants to travel.

Shirley R.
May 31, 2008

great place

J F.

Last edited by jf14 on Oct 13, 2010 01:23 PM

Jun 01, 2008

delete

Shirley R.

Last edited by shirley779 on Aug 29, 2012 06:23 PM

Nov 25, 2008

Let me tell you all this will not and can not go on your credit. That stop years ago and besides if you do get a lawyer with all these fees they keep charging trust in what I say you can get out.

Jackie M.

Last edited by jackiem127 on Nov 25, 2008 01:47 PM

Nov 25, 2008

If your looking to get out of this timeshare with club land'or you must put in a complaint with the state commissioners office in va. I know a few club land or owners who did this and was release from timeshare. Also just so u know this does not go on your credit. They stop that years ago . Also if you get a lawyer to send them a letter address all the issues and lies you will also be release. Again the best way to get out is writing to the commissioners office.

Roy W.

Last edited by royw42 on Nov 25, 2008 04:44 PM

Nov 25, 2008

do not give your family or a friend this timeshare.

Roy W.
Nov 25, 2008

File a complaint with the federal trads commission office as well as common wealth of va commissioners office

Roy W.
Feb 15, 2010

royw42, what office specifically? Commissioner of what? Thanks.

Stacy N.
Feb 15, 2010

How can I be sure they can't use this against my credit? Have you seen that in writing somewhere? Thanks.

Stacy N.
Apr 05, 2010

We have also purchased a "vacation club" with Club Land Or. We are currently in the process of having our contract reviewed. We were completely mislead AND given alcohol beverages will looking at their location. Maint. fees are steadly increasing and "special assestment fees" are more and more frequent. Any lawsuit that you know of, please let me know about. I am half tempted to see if I can organize a class action suit. Thanks, RMS

Rana S.
Apr 05, 2010

Stacy20, any luck on your endevors with getting released from club land or? we are wanting to do this as well. the special fees are killing us financially

Rana S.
Apr 22, 2010

There is a group pursuing legal action against Land'Or. See the topic "Can't even give them one star" after clicking on "View all topics in this forum", on the right side near the top of this page. We welcome you all to join us.

Will D.
Jul 27, 2010

i hired a lawyer to fight land or and i lost .i never even made one payment ,i cancelled the contract 2 days after we signed up. thought it was all good,but 4 years later they took me to court. ive sence found out that the timeshare that was supposed to be a indoor water park has never even been built to this day.they are garnishing my wages,i cant believe how this company can keep getting away with hurting people. so my lawyer is going to look into this.and also im going to wavy news 10.i am only 1 of hundreds and hundreds of complaints that i have seen.so good luck to all of you if i can help or be involved let me know.my timeshare was 12000 they are trying to get me for 24000 .im gonna fight to the end hope you do also, wildangelvb@yahoo.com

Michele M.
Jul 27, 2010

you have no idea how landor has hurt and lied to so many people.you just got lucky.its never to late maybe someday your will see yourself.

Michele M.
Oct 03, 2010

Land'or is like a Huge ANACONDA, will squeeze you to bankruptcy without giving you anything bak of all they offer you! I have been paying for eleven years all their fees plus my original and every time I want to go somewhere they will denied it and the three times they fond someplace for me, it has been the worse and poorest conditions that I have to go and look on my own for a more normal hotel and close to civilization . this is ridiculous and outregeous, I lost my job last october and so my husband, so is being so hard for us to keep up with it, they told me to deposit my weeks with RCI back in 97 and this went for couple of other times, last March they had the nerve to tell me that they didn't know about those weeks and that I had pay for it in order to have two weeks of vacations with them, I did pay, then they told me I had to pay an xtra $500. fee for again renovation plus my fee, so they could put me on the waiting list, now I don't have the money to pay them, they are threatening me with court and destroy my credit. I am going crazy, I fond a lot of lawsuit against them, so please let me know when and where is next hearing, I will be there with all my papers, let me know what I need to do. my e-mail is linn_navarrett@cox.net . Send me any information helpful to prove that Club Land'Or behaves very illegal once you are under their contract.

Linnette N.
Oct 04, 2010

ranas3, Sorry I didn't reply. Haven't been in the forum for a while. I refused to pay the $699 special assessment that was due in April and got LOTS of phone calls (never answered or replied - just screened and ignored) all through the spring and summer. There were never any threats of action against me and there was never a bill with an increasing balance so I guess they can't do that with those fees. Then last week there was a message saying that they were making me a special offer to split the fee 50-50 and get my account balance back to zero with a payment of $349.50. I went ahead and did that and will have to decide how to deal with the maintenance fee coming soon. I never did see a reply about which commissioner to contact, or results from any group lawsuits.

Stacy N.
Oct 04, 2010

The Land'Or rip off continues. I was lucky. This guy from Virginia took it off me. I gave it to him for free. I warned him about the fees. Every time there is a cyclone in Bangladesh or earthquake in Chile their Board meets to levy a fee on you. The management is based in Virginia (Richmond I think]. The rental timeshare [yes rental. all you have is a rental, no ownership] is levying a fee on everyone. There has to be a law against predatory slum lords.

There probably is not one honest attorney in the world who will help the victims of the criminal owners of Club Land'Or. Good luck to all of you victims out there.

Vinokot
Oct 07, 2010

Hey vinodk, What did you do about the $950 transfer fee? Did the buyer agree to pay that or did you have to cover it? I'd love to give the damn thing away for free. Where did you find a sucker? Stacyn20

Stacy N.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.