Club Land'Or Resort

The Land'Or

Oct 27, 2007

Have attorneys review contracts.

Vinokot

Last edited by vinodk on Mar 13, 2008 02:19 PM

Nov 01, 2007

what do you mean I am considering this resort for my family in June 2008, hat would you reccommend my family to do?

Chan
Jan 19, 2008

chandrap4 wrote:
what do you mean I am considering this resort for my family in June 2008, hat would you reccommend my family to do?

I agree with Vinodk, Land'or is a ripoff. Specifically it is the way they get you to join. I was in the Bahamas recently and they were less than forthcoming in their disclosures. we were totally misled. and now we are very disappointed. does any one kow if any lawsuits have been filed against them for improper behavior? please let me know.

Ganesh S.
Jan 19, 2008

last summer my wife and i were spending a few days in the bahamas and as a favor to one of the hotel employees were visited Land'or Club. two representatives there discussed with us the beauty of buying time share in Club Land'or and my wife and I went for it. But here is the problem. they were not quite forthcoming in their disclosures. we were led to believe that we can vacation anywhere in the world once we were members. that was one falsehood. the other thing they did not tell you is that you have to pay a fee for almost EVERYTHING. Everytime you turn around it seems you have to pay a fee. My advice is DO NOT sign a time share before you have your lawyer look it over and explain what it means. we did not do that and now we have a problem with Land'or. We have refused to pay anymore bcause we have not received ANYTHING of value from Land'or. Now they are threatening to take us to court because we signed that damn contract.

Ganesh S.
Jan 20, 2008

ganeshs2 Good Luck

Vinokot

Last edited by vinodk on Mar 13, 2008 02:19 PM

Jan 20, 2008

I am not with this resort any more. No more comme nts

Vinokot

Last edited by vinodk on Mar 13, 2008 02:21 PM

Jan 20, 2008

Vinod, I haven't paid in full yet. I started this thing last year and I have paid one year so far. I really don't care about the credit thing. I am just so disappointed in the way they operate. it seems to me that they are bordering on illegality. there are a lot of unethical practices used by their people in the bahamas and virginia.they have definitely crossed into unethical land. do you know of any lawsuits that have been filed against them? specifically do u knw of any lawsuit filed against them by any state? that would be helpful. did you consult with an attorney? what state are you in? i would appreciate it if u can email me directly at mjualla@hotmail.com. these folks are just too unfair. they remind me of vampires/vultures. i need more information so i can decide what my options are. they deceive you into signing a contract without full disclosure and when u realize what you got yourself in and decide to extricate yourself they INSIST that u have signed a contract and therefore they have got their claws into you and you are hooked for life. they then attach their feeding tubes to your financial veins and suck and suck and suck!! we need to let others know about Land'Or and how they operate.

Ganesh S.
Jan 21, 2008

ganeshs2 wrote:
last summer my wife and i were spending a few days in the bahamas and as a favor to one of the hotel employees were visited Land'or Club. two representatives there discussed with us the beauty of buying time share in Club Land'or and my wife and I went for it. But here is the problem. they were not quite forthcoming in their disclosures. we were led to believe that we can vacation anywhere in the world once we were members. that was one falsehood. the other thing they did not tell you is that you have to pay a fee for almost EVERYTHING. Everytime you turn around it seems you have to pay a fee. My advice is DO NOT sign a time share before you have your lawyer look it over and explain what it means. we did not do that and now we have a problem with Land'or. We have refused to pay anymore bcause we have not received ANYTHING of value from Land'or. Now they are threatening to take us to court because we signed that damn contract.

You are right about one thing: "DO NOT sign a time share before you have your lawyer look it over and explain what it means."

Unfortunately, that stands true for ANYTHING...any time you sign a contract you need to look it over. Now, I know that with your exchange membership you can travel to different parts of the world by banking your week, but yes, there are fees. They are under no legal obligation to notify you of this verbally--in fact, it probably is written in your contract that any verbal communications are null and void unless also specified in your written contract!! More than likely , you probably have no grounds for legal action... but I am sorry for your situation.

You say you don't care about your credit, but this will absolutely RUIN it. If you have any intention of buying a home, financing a car, or ANYTHING, this will screw you over for the rest of your life. A timeshare is best purchased if you are looking to go to the same place every year. You purchased a vacation, and you might as well use it until it is paid off and you can sell it. OR rent it out each year. I know it is a popular rental. best of luck to you--but as someone who is re-building her credit--Its a long difficult road, and it's not worth it to let this forclose!!

Ilona R.
Mar 11, 2008

With that attitude, rest assured I will NEVER rent your place in Hawaii, Vinod.

Bill B.

Last edited by marty8084 on Mar 13, 2008 10:45 PM

Mar 11, 2008

How often have you been "special assessed"? EVERY place you stay has fees; look at Atlantis' website and you'll see you pay a bunch there. Go to Loew's in Miami or ANYPLACE and you'll see you pay fees.

Also, you can go to over 3000 places in RCI's system. AND if you sign a conract without reading it, who's fault is that?

I bought your timeshare at Land'or, Vinod and I love the place.

Bill B.

Last edited by marty8084 on Mar 13, 2008 10:46 PM

Mar 11, 2008

Thank you for getting me out of Club Land 'or. To the best of my recollection I have had special assessments every other year since 2000. My maintainance fee that started at $180 is now $900 and growing at 8% a year. You are right about one thing though. I did not read the entire contract thoroughly. I was young and naive. There is no way I would have signed that contract that can change at their whim and have those changes imposed on you. For that very reason I will never buy a time share again. You can always rent these very same timeshares through red-week or RCI with no obligation to pay special assessments, almost at the cost of the maintainance fees.

Please enjoy Club Land'or if you like it so much. The contract cost me $20,000 plus about $10,000 maintainance fee and special assessments. Had I invested that money in a mutual fund assuming a 10% return, which is not unrealistic, I could still have had my money and the vacation in better places than Land"or.

Good luck with my contract that you own. If my calculations are correct, you will wind up paying $25,000 to $30,000 in maintainance fee and special assessments over the next 19 years. That is the low end of my estimate. I was honest and upfront with you. I am elated that I never again have to deal with Land'Or International.

Sincerely,

Vinod

Vinokot

Last edited by vinodk on Mar 13, 2008 02:22 PM

Mar 11, 2008

vinodk wrote:
Thank you for getting me out of Club Land 'or. To the best of my recollection I have had special assessments every other year since 2000. My maintainance fee that started at $180 is now $900 and growing at 8% a year. You are right about one thing though. I did not read the entire contract thoroughly. I was young and naive. There is no way I would have signed that contract that can change at their whim and have those changes imposed on you. For that very reason I will never buy a time share again. You can always rent these very same timeshares through red-week or RCI with no obligation to pay special assessments, almost at the cost of the maintainance fees.

Please enjoy Club Land'or if you like it so much. The contract cost me $20,000 plus about $10,000 maintainance fee and special assessments. Had I invested that money in a mutual fund assuming a 10% return, which is not unrealistic, I could still have had my money and the vacation in better places than Land"or.

Good luck with my contract that you own. If my calculations are correct, you will wind up paying $25,000 to $30,000 in maintainance fee and special assessments over the next 19 years. That is the low end of my estimate. I was honest and upfront with you. I am elated that I never again have to deal with Land'Or International.

Sincerely,

Vinod K. Kothapa, M.D.

Real classy to put my last name on this forum, "doctor". Just shows that a degree can't buy common sense. And I WILL enjoy that place, thank you very much.

Bill B.

Last edited by marty8084 on Mar 11, 2008 09:50 PM

Mar 13, 2008

My apologies if you did not want your last name kown. I don't mind people knowing mine. Good luck with Land'Or. Good bye. I am glad you are blessed with more common sense than me.

Vinod

Vinokot
Mar 14, 2008

vinodk wrote:
My apologies if you did not want your last name kown. I don't mind people knowing mine. Good luck with Land'Or. Good bye. I am glad you are blessed with more common sense than me.

Vinod

That's obvious.

Bill B.
Apr 14, 2008

I have been to Club Land'Or many times and just love the place. As for time shares, as the one person said, there are fees everywhere. I find the fees are minimal when you can have 4,5, 6 people in a unit. Sure couldn't do that for the price at a hotel or motel. The taxes in the Bahamas are high, no doubt about that, but still worth the price.

Linda W.
Apr 14, 2008

I am glad you like Land'Or. Personally I like my timeshare in Kauii better. There are no special assessments and the maintainance fee does not increase automatically by 8% a year. Besides it is not worth traveling that far from California for a place like Club Land'Or that has no Ocean View or a beach. The accommodation is mediocre at best.

Vinokot
Apr 15, 2008

vinodk wrote:
I am glad you like Land'Or. Personally I like my timeshare in Kauii better. There are no special assessments and the maintainance fee does not increase automatically by 8% a year. Besides it is not worth traveling that far from California for a place like Club Land'Or that has no Ocean View or a beach. The accommodation is mediocre at best.

I bought this guy's timeshare at Club Land'or and have been this month. My family loves it, which is the type atmosphere projected there. Probably not a great time for a single. We live on the east coast so it's just a 2 hour flight. That place in Kauii looks dumpy from the RCI directory pic, so I probably wouldn't go there. To each his own.

Bill B.
Apr 15, 2008

billb352 vinodk Club Land'or is no Lawaii Beach Resort. Not even close. I have stayed at both. Not just glanced at pictures. But like you said beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Vinokot
Apr 16, 2008

I can understand your feelings easily, as it is a long trek to the Bahamas from the other coast. I live in Florida so it only a skip. Cheap airfare offsets some of the extra taxes and fees but I have to admit, I'm astounded by what I read for extra charges.

Linda W.
Apr 16, 2008

lindaw wrote:
I can understand your feelings easily, as it is a long trek to the Bahamas from the other coast. I live in Florida so it only a skip. Cheap airfare offsets some of the extra taxes and fees but I have to admit, I'm astounded by what I read for extra charges.

Keep in mind that all resorts are going to charge government fees and levies. I stayed at Loew's in Miami and was hit with lots of charges, so it's not peculiar to one resort.

Bill B.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.