General Discussion

I need advice on Disneyworld

Nov 09, 2007

We are taking the family 2/3/08. Does anyone have any reccomendations of where to stay?

Chris C.
Nov 10, 2007

Oh my goodness, there are hundreds of places to stay in/around Disneyworld. Are you looking for a hotel or a timeshare resort? If you've never been to Disneyworld then you and your family are in for quite a treat. All the parks are awesome.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Nov 10, 2007 06:29 AM

Nov 10, 2007

I am thinking about renting a timeshare. It sounds like they are at most of the hotels I have looked at and are a bit cheaper. Can you give me a few places that you like?

Chris C.
Nov 10, 2007

We've stayed at Orange Lake Resort and Summer Bay Resort. We like both and they are both Gold Crown rated with RCI.

Orange Lake is a humongous resort with three separate villages (West, North and the newest East Village). There is so much to do there that if you didn't care to leave the resort there would be plenty of activities to entertain you, however February is an iffy month temperature wise in that area,, so I don't know if it would be warm enough to get in the pools.

We also like Summer Bay. It's not as big as Orange Lake, but it's a nice sized resort. You can see reviews if you look under Timeshares for Sale and Rent at the top of this page. Orange Lake is in Kissimmee, FL and Summer Bay is listed under Clermont, Fl but it's just a few miles down the highway from Orange Lake. They're both close to Disneyworld. Summer Bay offers transportation to the parks, but I don't know if Orange does or not.

Hopefully, others will reply as to their experiences as there are many resorts in the area surrounding Disneyworld.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Nov 10, 2007 12:10 PM

Nov 11, 2007

Thanks... I am thinking about Fairfield at Bonnet Creek. Anyone have any comments on that property?

Chris C.
Nov 12, 2007

I know that Fairfield at Bonnet Creek is very close to the Disney parks, probably the closest of all timeshare resorts. It's a gold crown resort and although I've never stayed there, I have read very good things about it .... good choce. If I had the chance, I would stay there in a heartbeat.

BTW, Bonnet Creek is listed under Lake Buena Vista, FL and has 19 reviews on Redweek.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Nov 12, 2007 07:14 AM

Nov 14, 2007

I GOT MYSTIC DUNES RESORT FORMERLY THE PALMS. GOLD CROWN RESORT. GORGEOUS!!! AND IS ABOUT 1-2 MILES FROM DISNEY. AWESOME!!!

LET ME KNOW.

Jeannette S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.