Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Haufman & Haufman Associates retrieving money lost via timeshare scams ?

Nov 15, 2007

Would anyone that's used Haufman & Haufman Associates to retrieve money lost in timeshare scams, please post your experience here so that we may or may not recommend them.

www.haufman-assoc.com

R P.
Nov 18, 2007

jayjay wrote:
Would anyone that's used Haufman & Haufman Associates to retrieve money lost in timeshare scams, please post your experience here so that we may or may not recommend them.

www.haufman-assoc.com

====================================

By chance, I stumbled upon a post by "norin" dated 10/22/07 in the Timeshare Companies forum here on RedWeek. The specific thread involved was initially about Omega Marketing. I don't claim to know whether "norin" is legitimate or just a shill, but in the post s/he mentions specific Haufman personnel by name and also appears to be claiming success (as well as knowledge of the 50% recovery fee). Whether this is a legitimate first hand success story being reported or just a thinly disguised ad posted by a shill, I do not know.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Nov 18, 2007 06:56 PM

Jan 23, 2008

Hi, No I am not a shill (just a customer who used their services and was very happy) but I'm not so sure I can recommend them anymore. It all relates to a switch in personnel from Karla Lopez to a lady named Kimberly Clark. I was scammed by 2 companies and Karla was EXTREMELY helpful in getting my money back from one of them, Land Ahoy Properties. She promptly returned all my calls and made sure Land Ahoy paid them and then sent me a check for half the money. I was happy because I felt she was working on my side. This was back in October 2007.

IBD Marketing however, was a challenge. They didn't respond to any of her attempts to make contact and I just about gave up on getting any money back from them. Then one day in early December $349 gets taken out of my bank acct (they ask for a voided check as payment). I was confused because I thought it was the amount I was supposed to be getting paid from recovery of the money I lost so I thought they had reversed the payee by mistake. I left a couple of messages and Kimberly called me back saying Karla was no longer with the company and that IBD Marketing was supposed to issue me a refund directly within 30 days. The 349 taken out was *their* contingency fee. A red flag went up coz I knew how scummy they were but I gave her the benefit of the doubt.

Of course, December passes by with no check. I started calling and leaving messages with Kimberly at the beginning of the year but to no avail. I definitely think this focus from "what's best for client" to "we want out our contingency fee" chamged after Karla left. I left them a nastier voicemail this morning demanding my $349 back since they did not recover any fees for me. Time will tell whether this will happen or not.

So, no, don't add them to the recommended firms list. This would be based SOLELY on the fact that Karla is not working for them anymore. Anybody else out ther with experiences to share? Tonyp38? He was the one who introduced the firm to all of us in the first place.

Nori N.
Mar 05, 2008

I had success with hofman retrieving some money for me from timeshare companies, but they have closed. I did receive an email from "management" saying that they could not keep their offices oppened because they had a difficult time getting paid by their clients once the timeshare companies send a check out to them. I don't know what to believe, they had no problem collecting their 50% from me, but I know how people are....we complain about getting scammed but maybe we are willing to do the same to others. Either way, it's too bad they closed.

Lucas S.
Mar 06, 2008

Hey Tonyp38,

Oh darn - has Haufman closed down? I was TOTALLY fine with getting back only 50% as well - Karla sent me the check after they got paid (instead of taking out that contingency fee first like stupid Kimberly did). To me it was found money that I never expected to recover. What I AM mad about is that they took out their $349 without informing me that they were going to, and then Kimberly tells me that Karla (the helpful and nice one) no longer works for them, and then never EVER returns any of my voicemails!!! Who was is that sent you that email? Kimberly Clark? When did you get this email anyway? I'd be mad if it was in December because that's when they took the money out of my acct.

I just want my $349 back. I don't care about getting the whole refund from IBD Marketing. :( They are a lost cause.

Nori N.
Mar 14, 2008

Hello. My name is Andrew. I am from Russia and the Far East. Living Very difficult, very cold. I ask to help me, who is able to (e-gold 5240561). Very hope for a kind and helpful American people. Thank you very much.

Andrey M.
Mar 14, 2008

norin wrote:
Hey Tonyp38,

Oh darn - has Haufman closed down? I was TOTALLY fine with getting back only 50% as well - Karla sent me the check after they got paid (instead of taking out that contingency fee first like stupid Kimberly did). To me it was found money that I never expected to recover. What I AM mad about is that they took out their $349 without informing me that they were going to, and then Kimberly tells me that Karla (the helpful and nice one) no longer works for them, and then never EVER returns any of my voicemails!!! Who was is that sent you that email? Kimberly Clark? When did you get this email anyway? I'd be mad if it was in December because that's when they took the money out of my acct.

I just want my $349 back. I don't care about getting the whole refund from IBD Marketing. :( They are a lost cause.

i was taken for $600 last year from IBD so you are not alone

Sheila S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.