Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

who have you tried to rent from and got scammed

Jan 30, 2009

I think the main point Jayjay was making was if it was not a real resort then renter would have found this out without losing money by making a phone call to resort!

One phone call would have brought this issue up and another to owner would have brought this issue to light before the renter lost money. First rule stated on these forums is do your home work before parting with your money.

PHILL12

Phil L.

Last edited by phill12 on Feb 11, 2009 02:34 PM

Jan 31, 2009

stephanier89 wrote:
I was scammed by Fairfield beach Reality in Florida.I paid in July for a 2 week rental for 12/20/08 - 1/03/09. When I arrived there was no reservation for me.
More questions for Stephanie 1) Firstly, WHO made the First Contact between Fairfield and yourself? ---If they contacted you, how did they know where you wanted to vacation? ---if you cantacted Fairfield, ...WHY? (responce to their Advert on Redweek or another source?) -- did you EVER have teleconversation?... or email? other?? 2) Exactly WHERE was the Vacation Destination (supposedly) to be? ---- does that Resort have a Website? ---- does Fairfield Realty have a website? 3) What was the 'form' of Payment? ( Personal Check, Money Order, Visa, MC, Bank Draft, other) ---- how did you know WHERE to send the payment? (and to whom) 4) What was the 'Form' and 'Context' of the Confirmation? --- my Resorts send a THREE Page Document which outlines RULES (pets, maximum occupancy, non-smoking etc, ) DATES (Checkin/checkout), Directions to Resort, Ammenities, telephone/fax numbers (ALL are 800-toll free)

Anyone who parts with a Nickle prior to getting SATISFACTORY Answers to these (and more) questions is a likely Candidate for a Scam

Surely THIS Forum Thread is worth reading by ALL Prospective TS-Renters.

Donald D.
Jan 31, 2009

to answer some of your questions- Chris Norris of Fairfield Beach reality responded to my post on redweek looking For a rental in the Bahamas. I had e-mail and telephone conversation with this person. My rental agreement outlined Ck-in, rules etc. I paid by cc. The reason for my post, was to alert others. I am new to Redweek. When I was at resort the previous year, owners at complex told me to try Redweek. I rented other weeks through Redweek with no problem.

Stephanie R.
Feb 01, 2009

stephanier89 wrote:
to answer some of your questions- Chris Norris of Fairfield Beach reality responded to my post on redweek looking For a rental in the Bahamas. I had e-mail and telephone conversation with this person. My rental agreement outlined Ck-in, rules etc. I paid by cc. The reason for my post, was to alert others. I am new to Redweek. When I was at resort the previous year, owners at complex told me to try Redweek. I rented other weeks through Redweek with no problem.

Please notify Redweek of the person above if you haven't already.

R P.
Feb 01, 2009

i found out today i was scammed

Jane S.
Feb 01, 2009

angela gail richardson

Jane S.
Feb 01, 2009

I'm sure I got scammed by the same person - she was going by Angelia "Fran" Richardson with me. See my thread posted yesterday. Scott

Scott M.
Feb 01, 2009

i have all the transcripts and phone numbers is there any way you think we can get justice

Jane S.
Feb 01, 2009

The phone number I have for her is 865-806-0127, which goes to voicemail. It is a Verizon cellphone out of Knoxville TN. Redweek has a different name and phone number. Very likely dealing with all fake names, possibly stolen credit cards/cell phones, so I doubt we'll find this person. Didn't lose enough money on my end to make it worth it to hire a PI or pursue legal action.

I have disputed the charge with PayPal and my credit card, but have heard it is very hard to get them to help out when it is a private transaction between individuals for services. Scott

Scott M.
Feb 01, 2009

this is a very sad situation, and i wish we could do more. i really would like everyone to beware

Jane S.
Feb 01, 2009

Thanx to Stephanie for the 'alert'..... I KNOW that I learned something New and Valuable.... Apparently 'individuals' (who may be part of a Combine Scam Network) bare 'watching' too.... For SURE I would NOT Trust a Rental Company..

Donald D.
Feb 02, 2009

when I dealt directly with the owners I had no problems. I guess I learned an expensive lesson.I posted because I was not aware of the amount of scams on these sites.It was a very upsetting experience. I was lucky I found something to rent for those 2 weeks. I had to repay , which can really ruin someone's vacation.Redweek should really do more to alert you to these scams.

Stephanie R.
Feb 07, 2009

today i filed a complete fraud complaint. you should also do the same the information you give may back some of mine. the internet site for a complaint is: www.ic3.gov please do so

thanks

Jane S.
Feb 10, 2009

stephanier89 wrote: Chris Norris of Fairfield Beach reality responded to my post on redweek looking For a rental in the Bahamas. I had e-mail and telephone conversation with this person. My rental agreement outlined Ck-in, rules etc.

We were also scammed by Chris Norris at Fairfield Beach Inc. We placed a Redwish ad in October, and had a few responders - but these responders would not have seen our email address. We replied to 1 responder - Gail Richardson. 2 days later, we received an email directly from Chris Norris. (Just figured out the email exposure today.) We emailed back, talked to him on the phone - he sounded legit. He sent us a contract, which we returned with a check. Have heard nothing since.

We reported this abuse to Redweek, and will be doing the same at ic3.gov next.

Dennis M.
Feb 11, 2009

these are the people who scammed us, both Chris Norris, and that Richardson lady kept e-mailing me with condos for rent. Unfortunately I went with Richardson and was ripped off, I am in the process of giving as much information to the .gov website as i can hopefully the crooks will be stopped.

Jane S.
Feb 11, 2009

I was just scammed by Chris Norris. I posted a request (on Redweek) for a St Maarten Timeshare (Royal Islander) week #7 in 2009- that is a few days away from now. I own a unit in the same complex, - week #8. He replied to my post, was knowledgeable about my resort (knew the rules / regs/ the lockout feature of the units, etc). He sent me a contract for the unit- looked like a legal document, listed accurate features of the unit, complete with his contact info etc. We communicated several times. I sent him a personal check. He even sent a 2nd signed and executed contract- after I sent the check. When I called the resort yesterday to confirm my arrival on Feb 14th- they knew nothing. Chris Norris phone # in Pembroke Pines Florida has an answering machine, with an out going message that seems legit. I called the town of Pembroke Pines Florida and the chamber of commerce- there is no Fairfield Beach Co or Chris Norris at that address. OK ..........Shame on me for not being more diligent and thorough. Enough said, because I, not unlike the others, am suffering the financial consequences and am about to start a VERY expensive vacation in St Maarten. My question to Redweek- you obviously have an array of scam artists on your site- what are you going to do about it? Maria

Maria P.

Last edited by mariap109 on Feb 11, 2009 07:32 PM

Feb 12, 2009

I am sorry to hear about your sad situation. It gave me chills to read your message. I'm just wondering if these scammers are viewing these forums too. Our family vacation was also in ruins due to these crooks. My heart goes out to you.

Jane S.
Feb 12, 2009

janes272 wrote:
I am sorry to hear about your sad situation. It gave me chills to read your message. I'm just wondering if these scammers are viewing these forums too. Our family vacation was also in ruins due to these crooks. My heart goes out to you.

Yes, many of them do read these forums and some have come here to try and justify their thievery.

R P.
Feb 12, 2009

Ok now I am freaking out. I have been talking to someone about renting there condo from them. I did call the condo and there is a reservation under his name. I wonder if I should still be concered about it

Heather S.
Feb 12, 2009

heathers232 wrote:
Ok now I am freaking out. I have been talking to someone about renting there condo from them. I did call the condo and there is a reservation under his name. I wonder if I should still be concered about it
Can you contact the resort and see if the person OWNS the unit?

Mike N.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.