General Discussion

II RESORT RATINGS!

Mar 30, 2008

I see that II just changed over to their new ratings in the directory on-line!

What is nice is if you hit the rating it high lights what this code means to the resort!

I really like II and wouldn't want to change companies but they sure took their time getting this done. Guess it took II much longer to check out all the resorts with II.

I don't remember all the old five star ratings but just checking for Hawaii and it seems to have down graded some resorts and probably for good reason like discussions we have had latey about five star resorts giving out three star units for exchange!

BIG ISLAND-TOTAL OF 8 RESORTS AND ONLY TWO PREMIER RESORTS--

WorldMark Kona (WKN) Kona Coast Resorts (11) (KON-KOT)

MAUI HAS 25 RESORTS AND 9 ARE PREMIER

Ka'anapali Beach Club (EGK-EG1) Marriott Maui Ocean Club (MMO) Maui Schooner (LMB) One Napili Way (ONP) Sands Of Kahana Vacation Club (SOK) Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resorts Villas (KAA-KAN) WorldMark Kihei (WKI) WorldMark Valley Isle (WAM)

OAHU HAS 7 RESORTS AND ONLY ONE PREMIER RESORT, Marriott Ko Olina Beach Club (MKO-MK1)

KAUAI HAS 13 RESORTS AND 7 PREMIER RESORTS

Marriott Kauai Beach Club (MKW) Marriott Waiohai (MAW) Lawai Beach Resorts (LAW-LWB) Point Of Poipu (EPP-EP1) WorldMark Kapaa Shores (WAK) Club Interwest Kauai (BHA) Cliffs Club-Princeville (CLF) SELECT LISTINGS ARE: BIG ISLAND The Kona Coast Resorts (KC1-KOC)

KAUAI Hanalei Bay Resorts (HAN) Lawai Beach Resorts (LBL-LWI)

MAUI Hona Koa Vacation Club (HOK) Kahana Beach Vacation Club (KAH) Kahana Villa Vacation Club (KVV) Maui Banyan Vacation Club (MBN) Maui Beach Vacation Club (MBV) Vacation International- Valley Isle (VAI)

PHILL12

Phil L.

Last edited by phill12 on Apr 01, 2008 09:15 AM

Mar 30, 2008

phill12 wrote:

What is nice is if you hit the rating it high lights what this code means to the resort!

I really like II and wouldn't want to change companies but they sure took their time getting this done. Guess it took II much longer to check out all the resorts with II.

PHILL12

========= Phil, is it my imagination or is the new Premier Resort rating the same as the old 5-Star Rating? The mouse-over feature is a nice touch. I wonder if II is going to give second level ratings to other resorts, like RCI's Silver Crown. Like my New England TS that was once 5-Star. It could no longer compete with the Marriotts, etc, so it was downgraded. What's really amazing is that my New England TS seems to have better trading power than my "Premier Resort"

Mike N.
Mar 30, 2008

Mike, I updated the first post to show listings in Hawaii.

I checked my Lake Tahoe area and found 30 resorts and only 9 are rated premier(Gold color) and 1 is Select(Silver color) and I would think this would be same as silver crown and rest of the resorts are un-rated.

Select Resorts provide a great vacation experience with a comfortable and home like atmosphere,welcome,friendliness and warmth.

There seems to be no ratings for the next tier of resorts.

It seems that they did down grade some resorts from five star but I can not remember back two years ago and the 2008 book didn't show ratings even though until this morning they did show on-line!

I wonder if this is final list or will II ad to the Premier and Select tier as the days go by?

Phil L.

Last edited by phill12 on Feb 01, 2010 08:52 PM

Mar 30, 2008

phill12 wrote:
mike1536 wrote:
phill12 wrote:

PHILL12

========= Phil, is it my imagination or is the new Premier Resort rating the same as the old 5-Star Rating? The mouse-over feature is a nice touch. I wonder if II is going to give second level ratings to other resorts, like RCI's Silver Crown. Like my New England TS that was once 5-Star. It could no longer compete with the Marriotts, etc, so it was downgraded. What's really amazing is that my New England TS seems to have better trading power than my "Premier Resort"

Mike I updated the first post to show listings in Hawaii.

I checked my Lake Tahoe area and found 30 resorts and only 9 are rated premier(Gold color) and 1 is Select(Silver color) and I would think this would be same as silver crown and rest of the resorts are un-rated.

Select Resorts provide a great vacation experience with a comfortable and home like atmosphere,welcome,friendliness and warmth.

There seems to be no ratings for the next tier of resorts.

It seems that they did down grade resorts from five star but I can not remember back two years ago and the 2008 book didn't show ratings even though until this morning they did show on-line!

I wonder if this is final list or will II ad to the Premier and Select tier as the days go by?

============ I did see some of the Select Resorts. I have to laugh at the description..."provide a great vacation experience with a comfortable and home like atmosphere, welcome, friendliness, and warmth". I wonder how you can rate those characteistics. I guess my home resort is now considered uncomfortable and is being run by those nasty unfriendly Northern New Englanders :)

Mike N.
Apr 02, 2008

I had placed The Mayan Sea Garden, in Mazatlan, Mexico, for rent 8/2006 for 5/2007. It was a three bedroom, full kitchen, with bath. I did not get to rent it so I went instead. It was probably one of the most beautiful, new resorts on the beach. The people were wonderful, the food was wonderful, I never used the kitchen not even for coffee in the morning. I am glad I never got to rent it because it open this brand new world in Mexico. I loved Mazatlan. It was a great trip.

Elena D.
Apr 02, 2008

phill12 wrote:

I don't remember all the old five star ratings but just checking for Hawaii and it seems to have down graded some resorts and probably for good reason like discussions we have had latey about five star resorts giving out three star units for exchange!

Ka'anapali Beach Club (EGK-EG1) Marriott Maui Ocean Club (MMO) Maui Schooner (LMB) One Napili Way (ONP) Sands Of Kahana Vacation Club (SOK) Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resorts Villas (KAA-KAN) WorldMark Kihei (WKI) WorldMark Valley Isle (WAM)

OAHU HAS 7 RESORTS AND ONLY ONE PREMIER RESORT, Marriott Ko Olina Beach Club (MKO-MK1)

Marriott Kauai Beach Club (MKW) Marriott Waiohai (MAW) Lawai Beach Resorts (LAW-LWB) Point Of Poipu (EPP-EP1) WorldMark Kapaa Shores (WAK) Club Interwest Kauai (BHA) Cliffs Club-Princeville (CLF) SELECT LISTINGS ARE: BIG ISLAND The Kona Coast Resorts (KC1-KOC)

MAUI Hona Koa Vacation Club (HOK) Kahana Beach Vacation Club (KAH) Kahana Villa Vacation Club (KVV) Maui Banyan Vacation Club (MBN) Maui Beach Vacation Club (MBV) Vacation International- Valley Isle (VAI)

PHILL12

We just returned from a visit to the Neptune House on Block Island. We couldn't find any ratings for the resort online as they just joined Red Week, but they gave us a solid 4-star vacation. The manager Meredith personally makes the visit a pleasant experience.

The Compagnas

Julia C.
Apr 02, 2008

juliac45 wrote:
phill12 wrote:

PHILL12

We just returned from a visit to the Neptune House on Block Island. We couldn't find any ratings for the resort online as they just joined Red Week, but they gave us a solid 4-star vacation. The manager Meredith personally makes the visit a pleasant experience.

The Compagnas

=========== Be sure to go to RedWeek's listing for Neptune House and submit your comments and rating

Mike N.
Apr 02, 2008

juliac45 wrote:

The Compagnas

To be truthful I had never heard of it but only because I have only made four trips to east coast and three were to Orlando when our daughter was young!

The one trip was given to me buy the naval air when I caught a Aircraft Carrier out to Vietnam ( USS AMERICA) in 1970.

I did go on II and check it out and it looks like a beautiful resort.

It was unrated with II and they had them listed on getaway with dates from April 2008 to March 2009. Seems like good price for someone going there. They want $660-$720.00 for a one bedroom unit.

Our next trip we hope will be to Williamsburg on a II Getaway. Our daughter went to the White House back in 2001 with her class mates and about sixty other high schools around the US. They went there and many other area's on the east coast and loved it and now wants to be our tour guide.

After looking at the Redweek reviews on Neptune House most are almost four years old. Newer ones are by owners.

I agree with Mike about you writing a review. This helps people like us that have never been there or heard of it and your review might get others to try the resort.

Of coarse bad review might keep others away too!

The more information we can get on these timeshare forums the better to help each other! PHILL12

Phil L.

Last edited by phill12 on Apr 03, 2008 12:02 AM

Apr 02, 2008

phill12 wrote:
juliac45 wrote:

The Compagnas

To be truthful I had never heard of it but only because I have only made four trips to east coast and three were to Orlando when I daughter was young!

The one trip was given to me buy our goverment when I caught a Air Craft Carrier out to Vet-Nam ( USS AMERICA) in 1970.

I did go on II and check it out and it looks like a beautiful resort.

It was unrated with II and they had them listed on getaway with dates from April2008 to March 2009. Seems like good price for someone going there. They want $660-$720.00 for a one bedroom unit.

Our next trip we hope will be to Williams Burg on a II Getaway. Our daughter went to the White House back in 2001 with her class mates and about sixty other high schools around the US. They went there and loved it and now wants to be our tour guide.

After looking at the Redweek reviews on Neptune House most are almost four years old. Newer ones are by owners.

I agree with Mike about you writting a review. This helps people like us that have never been there or heard of it and your review might get others to try the resort.

Of coarse bad review might keep others away too!

The more information we can get on these timeshare forums the better to help each other! PHILL12

=========== Block Island, off the coast of Rhode Island is part of Rhode Island. It's a great place to relax and chill out for a while. The weather may not be the greatest in the spring, BUT, people can get great deals on TS during that time of year. Summertime would be the high season and I suspect TS are in great demand like any place in New England.

Mike N.
Apr 02, 2008

II is basing in part these ratings on guest - not necessarily II members - surveys. I have done multiple surveys for them on trades in the last year. Very happy with the new system and ratings. Also, Diamond has downgraded and stopped some trades until resorts get it together. Like both Diamond and II.

Laura L.
Aug 07, 2009

thanks for the info...

Ward D.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.