General Discussion

Timeshare Relief, INC

Feb 04, 2011

ken1193 wrote:
jayjay wrote:
...www.timesharetransfer.com .... they are reliable and have a very good reputation among timeshare owners and sellers.

I'm not aware of any resorts or affiliations using 'right of first refusal' in this economy.

I agree about the reliability and competency of TT; I have used them numerous times as buyer and /or seller. However, things are in a bit of disarray there at present, due to the unexpected death of Tia Beinhower (a respected and well liked principal in the company) just last week.

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that.

R P.
Feb 05, 2011

mike1536 wrote:
ken1193 wrote:
kareng275:

There are people who believe that outfits like Timeshare Relief, We Collect Timeshares LLC, Time No More, Timeshare Freedom, etc., etc, (ad nauseum) actually perform a "service". While I am NOT one of the people sharing that particular viewpoint, I will still nonetheless at least acknowledge that for a timeshare that cannot otherwise even be GIVEN away FOR FREE, this is indeed (at least potentially) a way "out" for a truly desperate owner --- one who doesn't mind ponying up $3k -- $4k just to "get out" of their ownership.

In your alternative scenario, merely citing closing costs for a sale, you apparently presume that there is a willing buyer available. Truth to tell however, that is simply NOT always the case. Some timeshares, like it or not, are very literally financially WORTHLESS today. In such a scenario, the PostCard Companies mentioned above (and others of that very same ilk) offer an alternative (albeit expensive) way for someone to get OUT of their ownership.

I am NOT defending these parasites. I am merely pointing out that there is, in fact, an alternative viewpoint and perspective on the matter, whether I (or you) personally subscribe to it or not....

Ken, I agree. However, I have read horror stories where people pay these companies thousands of dollars, but ownership is not transferred until the PCC actually sells the TS. Meanwhile the owner is still on the hook for MFs. If I pay a PCC to take the TS, the least they can do is actually TAKE the TS.

Glen K.
Feb 10, 2011

got rid of my timeshare with a company in Tennessee. Owned week in Fairfield Glade. Timesharesbegone.llc charged me $985. and deeded the property out of my name in one week. Sent me a copy of deed in their name. They notified Wyndham resorts. I was very satisfied. On another forum on this site (getting rid of timeshare), I put the information on the transfer. Good luck. I really don't know how many states they do business in. We had no meetings. They sent me a contract, I sent them a copy of my deed. After they transferred property, I paid with Visa card. Easy.

Colvin D.
Feb 11, 2011

colvind wrote:
got rid of my timeshare with a company in Tennessee. Owned week in Fairfield Glade. Timesharesbegone.llc charged me $985. and deeded the property out of my name in one week. Sent me a copy of deed in their name. They notified Wyndham resorts. I was very satisfied. On another forum on this site (getting rid of timeshare), I put the information on the transfer. Good luck. I really don't know how many states they do business in. We had no meetings. They sent me a contract, I sent them a copy of my deed. After they transferred property, I paid with Visa card. Easy.

In researching I found no such website as Timesharesbegone.llc .....

R P.
Feb 11, 2011

The phone number for Timesharesbegone.llc is 270-799-5031. I don't know exactly what states they do business in, but they charged a reasonable fee, I thought. Even though they charged me 985.00, I will save that back in less than 2 years of maintenance fees (@620.00 yr.) They transferred the property in a week. No hassle or trouble for me. They did what they said. I found out about their company through a friend who did business with them. My friend was also satisfied. Good luck in ridding yourself of the timeshare.

Colvin D.
Feb 12, 2011

The 270 area code is in Kentucky.

I'm still a little baffled as to why that company would take on all these timeshares for "only" $985. That's a big risk they're taking if yours and your friend's timeshares are dog weeks. Most companies that offer to "take your timeshare off your hands" charge $2500 and up.

If they did for you what they said they would, then great! I'm happy for you. But I still can't get my head around "only" $985. Something seems fishy.

Lance C.
Sep 25, 2011

I have dealt with Timeshare Relief and while they were expensive, it was a lot cheaper to sell for a few thousand than wate that money on maintainence fees and inevntable assessements which can run thousnds of dollars. We transferred three time shares and are very happy we did as orbitz, expedia, travelocity and RCI itself make more money renting our units than they ever did from the sale.

Rather than being a slave to yearly fees and unexpected assessements that carry on past your grandchildren or your estate, I paid the equvalent of 5 years of main. fees to get rid of an albatross around my neck and my wallet.

Is Timeshare releif the best, probably not, but getting someone to take over an unpalatable property is well worth the modest fee. and I do mean modest compared with the cost of one assessement after a hurricane or earthquake.

Time shares are a r acket and I only have one now as I have the option to give it back after it is paid for. I spent my money to lock in 10 years of vacations, not surrender my soul.

I shall check out timeshare transfer as well.

Brian G.
Sep 25, 2011

briang309 wrote:
I have dealt with Timeshare Relief and while they were expensive, it was a lot cheaper to sell for a few thousand than wate that money on maintainence fees and inevntable assessements which can run thousnds of dollars. We transferred three time shares and are very happy we did as orbitz, expedia, travelocity and RCI itself make more money renting our units than they ever did from the sale.

Rather than being a slave to yearly fees and unexpected assessements that carry on past your grandchildren or your estate, I paid the equvalent of 5 years of main. fees to get rid of an albatross around my neck and my wallet.

Is Timeshare releif the best, probably not, but getting someone to take over an unpalatable property is well worth the modest fee. and I do mean modest compared with the cost of one assessement after a hurricane or earthquake.

Time shares are a r acket and I only have one now as I have the option to give it back after it is paid for. I spent my money to lock in 10 years of vacations, not surrender my soul.

Timeshare Transfer is merely a licensed closing company that records transfer of ownership of a timeshare between 2 parties who have come int an agreement to buy/sell a timeshare.

By the way, I definitely would not consider the equivalent of 5 years' maintenance fees a "modest fee".

Lance C.
Oct 29, 2011

We "sold" our TS to Timeshare Relief in May 2010. We just recieved a notice from our timeshare, Los Cabos Golf Resort, that they have denied the transfer of ownership to TSR. Do we have any recourse since the resort says that "we cannot assign his rights without prior written consent of the owner"

We have gotten rid of TS's before without any problem!

Richard W.
Oct 29, 2011

The website for Timesharesbegone.llc is:

Timesharesbegonellc.com

Look it over and see what you think. Several people have used the company. Everyone has been satisfied. The most they ever charged was 1185. for a customer in Texas. Usual fee is 985. Earlier in the year I sent proof of my transfer of my timeshare at Wyndham in Tn. by giving deed book and page number both before and after I sold mine to Timehsharesbegone.llc. I have heard nothing from Wyndham since....I own nothing there. Only thing fishy is paying thousands for getting rid of a timeshare when you can do it for 1.

Colvin D.
Oct 29, 2011

If you have a copy of the deed where the property no longer is in your name, you can tell the resort not to contact you about anything....you are just like someone who never owned a timeshare with them. Don't let them bully you... (If they do harass you, a lawyer might want part of the profit from a suit against them.)

Colvin D.
Oct 29, 2011

colvind wrote:
If you have a copy of the deed where the property no longer is in your name, you can tell the resort not to contact you about anything....you are just like someone who never owned a timeshare with them. Don't let them bully you... (If they do harass you, a lawyer might want part of the profit from a suit against them.)
Colvin, I do not have a copy of the deed, Timeshare Relief has it. Cabo Golf Resort will not let me sell to TSR. CGR has to give me permission to sell. TSR has paid the maintenance fee for the past 2 years. I guess I will have to talk to TSR!

Richard W.
Nov 01, 2011

This is the USA. No one has the right to tell you what you can or can't do with property that is legally yours. TSR should be able to furnish you with a copy of the deed showing they own the property and not you. If not, you can get one from the courthouse where the property is deeded. Maybe you still own it....that is why the resort is still looking to you. You need to know.

Colvin D.
Nov 01, 2011

I noticed a few months ago I gave the wrong number for a company that does acquire timeshares, it is 270-799-0531. They don't list or promise to sell it for you. They get it out of your name legally.

Colvin D.
Nov 03, 2011

richardw47 wrote:
colvind wrote:
Colvin, I do not have a copy of the deed, Timeshare Relief has it. Cabo Golf Resort will not let me sell to TSR. CGR has to give me permission to sell. TSR has paid the maintenance fee for the past 2 years. I guess I will have to talk to TSR!

In Mexico, you do not outright own a deed to a timeshare .... you only own a RTU (Right To Use) for a certain amount of years that should be in your contract.

I would not have given TSR the original RTU contract .... I would have given them a copy only or at least I would have saved a copy for myself if they demanded the original contract.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Nov 03, 2011 08:24 AM

Nov 29, 2011

I am not sure if this will help you at all but I was able to cancel my timeshare contact which I thought was impossible, I used the free information from timesharedx.co.cc there was zero cost to me and was not that hard to achieve. Hope this helps

James Warman

James W.
Nov 30, 2011

jamesw729 wrote:
I am not sure if this will help you at all but I was able to cancel my timeshare contact which I thought was impossible, I used the free information from timesharedx.co.cc there was zero cost to me and was not that hard to achieve. Hope this helps. James Warman

I accessed their webpage (timesharedx.co.cc) and found the reasons below for cancellation, however it doesn't matter what a timeshare sales rep TELLS YOU VERBALLY in a presentation (unless you tape recorded it) .... the only thing legal in a court of law is what IS WRITTEN IN THE CONTRACT, so I don't see how any of the charges below could be substantiated unless WRITTEN IN THE CONTRACT:

A) If the terms of your contract were misrepresented to you at the time of sale, you may be able to cancel you contract regardless of your rescission period. Laws prohibiting unfair and deceptive trade practices in consumer transactions have been enacted in every state. They apply to almost all consumer transactions and are extremely flexible and very potent.

B) A contract can be canceled by a court because of fraud if one person knowingly made a material misrepresentation that the other person reasonably relied upon, and that disadvantaged the other person. A material misrepresentation is an important untruth.

C) The contract you made may be set aside on the grounds of fraud. Fraud requires an outright lie, or a substantial failure to state a material fact about an important part of the contract. Fraud will invalidate a contract.

D) A breach of contract - also called a default - is one party's failure, without a legally valid excuse, to live up to any of his or her responsibilities under a contract. A breach can occur by failure to perform as promised. Misrepresentation is a contract law concept. It means a false statement of fact made by one party to another party, which has the effect of inducing that party into the contract.

These are just a few of the most common scenarios but there are dozens more that you may not even be aware of. Our packet will advise you as to whether you have a legitimate grievance or not.

R P.
Feb 15, 2013

Has anyone heard of givetimeshare.com looking at getting out of timeshare and would like to know if this is a good company to go with.

briang309 wrote:

Robert S.
Feb 15, 2013

A better way to get rid of your timeshare is to sell it. If you think it has little or no resale value, then try giving it away.

Lance C.
Feb 15, 2013

I enquired regarding any info on givetimeshate.com, in fact it should be givebacktimeshare.com

Robert S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.