The Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort Villas & Spa

Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort Experience

Apr 10, 2008

This resorts opens this summer (June/July). Share your pros and cons during your stay.

N A.
Apr 17, 2008

When will this really open and how much will be operational?

Chris S.
Aug 06, 2008

I talked to Starwood and was told the opening is set for August 15. We arrive the 16th, so I'll post something upon our return.

John T.
Aug 21, 2008

I am going in April,I can't wait to see some reviews. Is everything operational?

Ilene S.

Last edited by ilenes17 on Aug 21, 2008 02:51 PM

Oct 08, 2008

We are Starwood owners at another property and stopped at the New LagunaMar to check it out. The property was beautiful. A huge infinity pool overlooking a beautiful white sand beach. Each room appears to have an ocean view and the room we were shown did indeed have a wonderful view. The rooms were beautifully done, as are all of the Westin resorts. We did not notice noise, even though they are still working on the property. It is directly across the street from a very nice shopping center and many restaurants. It is on the busy stretch of the hotel district, but the beach and property is so expansive I doubt that crowds would be a problem. We were told the real opening is a few weeks out, but the soft opening was happening while we were there and there were guests staying on the premises.

Christine S.
Oct 09, 2008

I will be there Nov 15 with my Nikon D40 and will post up a ton of pictures while there....promise!

Chris S.
Nov 22, 2008

Was there construction noise? Thanks.

Larry I.
Dec 10, 2008

Where is the best place to buy groceries and booze close to the resort?

Lidwina V.
Jan 10, 2009

We're here in Jan 09 and we dont' notice the construction. The resort is beautiful and the views from our unit is fabulous. As to groceries and booze. Besides the store onsite for immediate requirements there is a full shopping mall across the street. Just down the street is a huge liquor and wine store.

But really Walmart, Sams, Costco is a $0.70 ride onthe bus which is a neat experience! Buy lots of groceries.............taxi is like $15USD back from walmart/Sams.

Bill P.
Feb 02, 2009

We stayed here Dec 5-12,2008 and enjoyed our stay in a 1 bedroom unit. (not a studio) Everything was terrific and we would return again. The pool and grounds are amazing. Construction is still taking place and they have a lot to do on the next phase but we were not bothered by any of the noise. You can buy liquor and munchies nearby but as for a grocery store forget it. The store at the hotel is well stocked and we found it to be adequate and the prices were a little higher but for the convenience it was not out of line. But if you plan to eat in your room you will need to travel by bus to Walmart and stock up on your weekly stuff. You won't be disappointed at what you can get there and the bus ride is pleasant and cheap. We found the food at the hotel very reasonable and also ate at nearby restaurants. The Concierge is well informed about the area and has a list of preferred restaurants that offer special drinks for Westin guests. Enjoy your stay.

Jane T.
Feb 09, 2009

Is the kiddie pool open?

Deidre B.
Feb 09, 2009

When we were there it did have water in it but we really didn't pay too much attention as to if anyone was using it. There were not a lot of kids staying at the resort the 1st week in Dec., mostly adults. I'm sure it will be open for Feb. vacation week. It's really good sized and the little kids will enjoy the zero entry so they won't have to step over the edge. E-mail the concierge, they are very prompt getting back to you with answers.

Jane T.
Mar 02, 2009

My husband and I are here now (Feb 25-March 3 2009).. we are in a studio facing away from the pool and have most definitely been interrupted by noise. There's a drill going on constantly throughout the day. The resort itself is quite nice -- the pool is as described very big and expansive. The restaurant food is nothing to write home to Mom about though. The dining restaurant in the hotel was closed when we tried to go there for lunch, apparently only open for breakfast and dinner. The dining area itself was not impressive.

We're on our last day here so are too lazy to ask to switch rooms but do yourself a favor and request a room on the interior side of the hotel facing the pool to avoid the racket.

Have fun~

Jenni Q.
Jul 24, 2009

Link to photoshow of trip 8-16 through 8-23-08: http://www.photoshow.com/watch/Vq6Vg7mQ

John T.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.