Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

grand mayan luxxe villa

Jan 25, 2009

come on folks..Have some faith in the Mexician system. Look at your own country and see the corruption! Reent purchase in Grand Bliss after giving up some weeks only for 5 yrs and some refund in renting of those weeks. Good luck people. wE certianly enjoy Mexico and I have lived in the Capital. The Nuevo Valarta will be a pleasure to visit. The spoilers will be the American who visit and complain! Let me add the Americans who visit and register at check in without a t-Shirt and the young women who wear short shorts. What happened to a little class? Respect for the people who are on the other side of the desk????? Again, this country has come a very long way. Just have a little class and patience people. Por Favor. P.S. I am proud to be an understanding American and will trust the Mexician real estate as many other Billionaires do... having properties in Mexico

Vivian M.

Last edited by viviamm on Jan 25, 2009 01:22 PM

Jan 25, 2009

Hi Rhonda, how was your vacation? Were you able to spend much time looking over the new construction and determine projected opening dates? Any information you can share about the progress of the Bliss and Luxxe projects would be appreciated.

Thanks - Bob

Bob J.
Jan 25, 2009

Fran B.

Last edited by franb40 on Feb 09, 2009 05:55 PM

Jan 25, 2009

Andrew, where are you writing from? I was servic ed by a vey nice gentleman at the Nuevo Vallarata property. Matt. Possible to get his e-mail. Muchas gracias, Vivian

Vivian M.
Jan 25, 2009

What is this Grand Palace. Great they will not have access. What the Grupo Mayan needs to do is not over sell..done and not open property to RCI or companies that put the property out there for people to abuse the rooms etc. Renting to whoever. Hopefully, done. By the way the gentlemen who is not happy with his transaction get your money out and go to Florida. Live in Naples.

Vivian M.
Jan 25, 2009

just returned forn Grand Mayan in Nuevo Vallarta. Purchased to Grand Bliss. Owners in Grand Mayan which is perfect. Grand Bliss more upgrades and will have a pool area only for use of Grand Bliss members. Stay tuned. Although, I could share. Grand Luxx outer structure all up..now for frming in. This sturcture will have Water views. Yes, Whether it is the Amec River or Bay of Vallarta or other side. It is the/ Grand Bliss will be positioned between the /or replace the discoteque and Mayan Palace Building. Its own pool and grassy areas. Folks...I spoke to everyone hasta the worker of the landscape areas.. Yes, the people who labor to keep those grounds beautiful. they are so proud of the work they do. Talk about putting in a days work....

Vivian M.
Feb 01, 2009

We purchased Grand Luxxe in Dec. of 08. We were informed that the one in Nuevo Vallarta is finished. Is this true?

rhondac100 wrote:
My husband and I will be going to Riviera Maya Jan. 10-17. I will let you all know what's going on down there. We purchased the Gand Luxxe in Nov. of 07 and this will be the first time we have been back since. We love the Mayan Palace and have been with them as timeshare owners and serious upgraders for MANY years. I totally trust them and understand we are not the only ones feeling the economic downturn. When the economy is bad, people don't vacation as much. Give them a chance. It may not be WHEN promised but I believe it will be done. The kitchen in the studio is new information and I will check that out when we get there and go on our tour. Thanks Ivan!!!

Carolyn C.
Feb 01, 2009

Enjoy.

Fran B.

Last edited by franb40 on Feb 09, 2009 05:54 PM

Feb 01, 2009

"We purchased Grand Luxxe in Dec. of 08. We were informed that the one in Nuevo Vallarta is finished. Is this true? "

Carolyn, the NV Grand Luxxe is still under construction and will be for a while. Maybe it will be finished by the end of this year, but likely early 2010. You can see some pictures of the structure at www.grand-luxxe.org.

Bob J.
Feb 08, 2009

we just bought one of these after looking at the preview model, which is on site at Puerto Nuevo and built exactly as new units are planned. The answer is definitively "YES!" It is that much better than Grand Mayan. They hired Stanford U's management consultants to do a major review of 6 years of guest feedback, and designed accordingly. Everything they've done deals with any nit-picking detail you'd have wanted to see improved. Great job. The first of 5 new buildings at PN will be ready end of this year.

Jane S.
Feb 08, 2009

hi Bob - we're in PN now, and the sales rep said they are told they must say 16 months from now to opening the new Grand Luxxe so as not to risk deceiving anyone. But actually they are ahead of schedule, and are now planning opening New Year's next year for the building. All the new pools and amenities will not be ready then; but it's so close to all the connected Grupo Mayan resorts (Grand Mayan, M. Palace, Sea Garden) you can use all their extensive and fabulous facilities and still get the hugely upgraded Luxxe units to stay in.

Jane S.
Feb 09, 2009

Favor. P.S. I am proud to be an understanding American and will trust the Mexician real estate as many other Billionaires do... having properties in Mexico

You must be a mexican and work for them. Trust, a billionaire would not fall for the crap you guys scam. IT Will Come to a Halt........I promise you.

There is no such thing as a "fractional ownership' so you best get rid of that wording.

You had a great thing with a great place "grand mayan' but you have ruined the name and reputation.

When I get finished, I would not ever go back! Think it will be the best place, have a great life. I will warn everyone..........trust me.

Fran B.
Jul 15, 2009

Comment withdrawn. The matter has been satisfactorily resolved.

Mel J.

Last edited by melj21 on Sep 09, 2009 03:53 PM

Jul 19, 2009

Does any one have experience booking a wedding through the grand mayan in nuevo? My daughter is getting married there in January. We have been owners for several years but have never had a wedding there. We have figured out all of the "legal" stuff so they will actually be married here in the states as it is much easier. However, we will have a beach ceremony at the Mayan Palace. Any tips from anyone would be greatly appreciated!

Sharon G.
Jul 19, 2009

my son got married in Riviera maya last year; did the same thing - got married here and did a beach ceremony in Mexico. We all stayed at the Grand mayan, but my son got a better deal with a wedding planner in Playa at a different beach location, rather than through the subcontractor from Grupo Mayan - not sure of the arrangements in Nuevo. It all turned out great; The GM people did a good job of getting us all together in the very spread out Riviera maya complex.

All in all; it was great fun and the wedding was great.

Mike

Michael K.
Sep 01, 2009

We upgraded to Grand Luxxe Villa at Riviera Maya in December '07. Have the villas been built? Are they still stand alone buildings or part of a larger structure as one post seemed to say? Are they still planned for the beach site? Any feedback on status would be appreciated.

Michael H.
Sep 26, 2009

I have been reading a lot of these streams and no one has actually addressed the fact that the Grand Mayan, Grand Bliss and Grand Luxxe are all seperate from one another.

We are charter members of the Grand Luxxe Villa and purchased in the pre-construction phase of this developement. I won't get into prices because everyone who bought or buys will feel that they got a "Deal" or they would not have bought. There are also people who "got a better deal" and make some buyers sick about their decision.

The Grand Luxxe is the top of the line in the companies manifest of properties and if you notice it does'nt carry any affiliated name of the Groupo Mayan conglomerate. There are two catagories of rooms: Villa and Condo. This is also a Residence Club and not part of the regular Groupo Mayan

The Grand Bliss is the second tier of the structure in the manifest of properties being offered by the Groupo Mayan. I don't know their interior structure as I have not seen it.

The Grand Mayan has now been replaced as the top of the line by the Grand Luxxe and the Grand Bliss, moving the Grand Mayan to the third rung of the ladder in the Groupo Mayan chain. Then comes the Mayan Palace and Sea Garden.

We have never traded our property out as we love the facilities and what they offer. We have never tried to rent it out because we bought it to use.

We have been to all of their facilities except Cabo and are planning to go there next. Puerto Penasco has a long way to go to get to where they are saying it will be. Part of the agreement with the government about the Penasco property is that Groupo Mayan will build an airport to make travel to their facility easier than flying into Phoenix or San Diego.

I hope that I have helped in the explanation of the Grand Scheme of things.

Lawrence V.

Last edited by lawrencev10 on Sep 26, 2009 08:45 AM

Nov 18, 2009

I have been a MP owner since 2002 and I visited MP Riviera Maya in February. As usual, I attended the "tour" and was subjected to the typical high pressure sales pitch. They made the upgrade opportunities for Grand Bliss sound so great, I fell for it....temporarily. After I left the sales office, I got my head on straight and started thinking about all their promises and guarantees with respect to rental income. They say things that are impossible to promise or guarantee, so you have to filter all that out when you're talking with them. Luckily for me, I rescinded my contract when I was still down there but I had to be very very assertive about that. And they were extremely rude and ugly to me. In my defense, I was very polite, dress very appropriately, and do not consider myself an "ugly American". Bottom line is that I will never never never attend another MP sales pitch again. I recommend that if you do, be very careful about distinguishing between what they say and what's in the contract. They can be trusted to abide by the contracts, but say an awful lot of BS in the sales pitch that is absolutely not true. If you like what you see and want to purchase or upgrade for your own use, super! You'll be happy. But don't count on making lots of $$$ from any of the rental programs they tout!

Joan P.
Nov 18, 2009

Does anyone know if the Grand Bliss is ready in Nuevo Vallarta?

Vivian M.
Nov 18, 2009

I am an American and did not fall for their sales pitch. ( They do have quite a pitch..don't they) We purchased with the idea to use the property. I never thought for one minute to make $ on the rental. A non issue. Purchased to use or give as gift.

I own many properties all over the world. ( Not time share or Fractonal ownership) Baloney! Thank You and Have a Good Life.

Vivian M.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.