Sands of Kahana Vacation Club

Thinking of purchasing...your thoughts?

Jun 30, 2008

I am thinking of purchasing a 3 brm/2 bath unit. Hearing that the floating weeks are hard to book. Is that true? Is this place worth the money? What do you think a fair price would be?

Susan P.
Jul 16, 2008

Booking weeks are a breeze through Consolidated Resorts. It is best to do it as far out as possible, preferably a year out.

Mike B.
Jul 19, 2008

susanp359 wrote:
I am thinking of purchasing a 3 brm/2 bath unit. Hearing that the floating weeks are hard to book. Is that true? Is this place worth the money? What do you think a fair price would be?

SOK is definately worth the money. Check eBay Item number: 350078240123.

Set your price limit and go to eBay to determine real demand for SOK as it's hard to tell on resale sites. BE PATIENT! When you buy, look for no reserve auctions as they are most likely court ordered sales due to divorce, or other economic situations. Give yourself at least six months to commit to this, that way you have the right mindset and won't be here selling or unloading your "investment" for cents on the dollar.

Look on redweek because they are very good too. But the good sales don't last long because of us "frequenters." We gobble them up as fast as they're placed if the price is right. E.g. There's a 2bd / 2ba odd or even year for $6K listed right now.

My history is this: Eight years ago I sat in on the grind-spiel and received $200 for local restaurants. Retail they wanted 10s of thousands for even the one bedrooms. Twenty and 30s of thousands for larger units. I took the food money, and as I ran into the sale's presenters during the week it was kind of awkward. Four years ago I puchased two odd year 3 bd / 2 bath units for $8K each on eBay. Two years ago I picked up an odd year 2bd / 2 bath unit on redweek for $6K. Last Thursday I purchased a 1bd / 1ba for $1526 on eBay (the item number listed above is my purchase and is a part of the long term empty nest retirement package)!

With that stated, it now appears prices are really dropping with the rest of the "real" real estate market as the economy turns, fuel prices increase, and people have less disposable income.

So... good luck

Jope B.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.