General Discussion

Difference between Mini-Suite and Studio

Jul 28, 2008

Can someone tell me the difference between what is considered a Studio and what is a Mini-Suite? I consider my Mini-Suite larger than a studio so I put it as 1 bedroom but I don't want to mislead anyone.

Thanks for your help!!

Dianne K.
Jul 28, 2008

diannek12 wrote:
Can someone tell me the difference between what is considered a Studio and what is a Mini-Suite? I consider my Mini-Suite larger than a studio so I put it as 1 bedroom but I don't want to mislead anyone.
============================ Are the queen bed, kitchen and the living areas part of the same room? If so, I would enter it as a STUDIO. A 1 bedroom unit would have the bedroom separate from the living/dining area. A one bedroom would sleep 4 privately whereas a studio (or mini-suite) would sleep only 2 privately. I would be very disappointed if I exchanged for a one bedroom and received a studio.

Mike N.

Last edited by mike1536 on Jul 28, 2008 11:37 AM

Jul 28, 2008

mike1536

diannek12 wrote:
============================ Thank you for clearing that up for me. I will change my description.

Dianne K.
Sep 01, 2008

I have not heard of a studio that has a kitchen.

Most lock-off units are hotel rooms and have a bed and bathroom,tv and small cold box to keep soda's or your beer and that is about it and sleep two. It is the smaller part of a two bedroom condo that is locked off when needed.

A mini-suite in a hotel might have a small mini bar/kitchen to make coffee.

I'm just guessing because I have never heard this term with a timeshare unit.

This might just be someone listing that have no clue what they are talking about. Like all the owners trying to sell/rent and list their unit sleeps 8-10 people when max is six.

Darlene!

Darlene P.
Sep 02, 2008

It does have a full kitchen with full appliances, dish washer, stove, full size fridge and granite counter tops with an eating area, two good size closets. The bathroom has an outside vanity room as well as a full size vanity inside. It has a living room area with sofa, chairs, table, end tables and then to the side it has a queen size bed with a gas fireplace at the foot of it. There is a full size entertainment center and then you walk to the sliding doors to the balcony. I have stayed here twice and the resort calls it a junior suite. I really hate to have to put this in as a "studio".

Dianne K.
Sep 02, 2008

I don't know about mini-suites but lockoffs can come in many different configurations. Some lockoffs are basically the same as a motel room, some lockoffs are complete apartments with a separate bedroom and small kitchen and some lockoffs are called studios ... no separate bedroom with a small space for making coffee, microwave and a small refrigerator.

If someone is interested in renting a lockoff, I would definitely ask for the configuration before I rented.

R P.
Sep 02, 2008

diannek12 wrote:
It does have a full kitchen with full appliances, dish washer, stove, full size fridge and granite counter tops with an eating area, two good size closets. The bathroom has an outside vanity room as well as a full size vanity inside. It has a living room area with sofa, chairs, table, end tables and then to the side it has a queen size bed with a gas fireplace at the foot of it. There is a full size entertainment center and then you walk to the sliding doors to the balcony. I have stayed here twice and the resort calls it a junior suite. I really hate to have to put this in as a "studio".

What you are describing would be a large main one bedroom condo unit. We own two timeshares now and both are two bedrooms and one has lockoff setup that we never break up. Our unit has all the same things you just said are in this junior suite so I think it is just larger unit than most.

Some very good resorts do have what they call mani suites and some larger like yours in a junior suite and in most cases is part of a top suite unit which most resorts don't have.

There is a big difference in a studio and a junior suite unit. You would never list this unit as a studio or exchange for one.

I know of one resort in the area we own a timeshare that has this and it is on top of the building and I believe there are only two of these units.

Not sure of the size of the main suite but think you can sleep 10-12 while all the two bedrooms sleep only six max.

Darlene

Darlene P.
Mar 18, 2019

Do the studios at villa del Palmer in Cabo San Lucas mexico have a stove?

Sharon G.
Mar 18, 2019

Sharon G: Their website (cabo.villadelpalmar.com) says the junior suite has a full kitchen.

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.