Diamond Resorts reduces owner benefits again!

Forum: Timeshare Companies

page 48 of 48

«  prev page   1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48   next page  »

Message Author

By B S.

lancec13 wrote:
Why don't you contact Diamond about its Transitions program where it is taking back a select limited number of units from owners for a small fee. This small fee is definitely less than what EZ-Exit is wanting to charge you. The e-mail you can try is lossmitigation@diamondresorts.com.

DRI's "small fee" is $750 as of yesterday. That's what she was told when my sister-in-law called Diamond wanting to relinquish her EOEY deeded week that she bought from the developer several years ago. Interesting how you must pay them to take your deed so they can resell as points.

5 months ago
May 14, 2019

By Lance C.

bruceb306 wrote:
DRI's "small fee" is $750 as of yesterday. That's what she was told when my sister-in-law called Diamond wanting to relinquish her EOEY deeded week that she bought from the developer several years ago. Interesting how you must pay them to take your deed so they can resell as points.

Yeah, I realize it's not pretty but it's still a lot less than what these so-called "exit" or "cancel" companies will charge. Her other option would be to just stop paying maintenance fees and let it go into foreclosure. The down side would be the many collection calls/letters and a possible ding on her credit rating.

5 months ago
May 14, 2019

By Lance C.

bruceb306 wrote:
DRI's "small fee" is $750 as of yesterday.

Yes, I realize that $750 is no small fee, but you or your sister-in-law can look at it this way. The $750 deed back fee is cheaper that paying the next maintenance fee.

5 months ago
May 15, 2019

By B S.

Very true!

5 months ago
May 15, 2019

By Don P.

It's a small price to pay to be free of maintenance fees and assessments for the rest of your life .

5 months ago
May 15, 2019

By Irene P.

Diamond is increasing the Transition fee to $1,000 effective June 1.

This would be okay for those who have used and enjoyed their timeshare for many years, but I have heard from 728 Diamond families reporting how they were up-sold into insolvency based on unfair and deceptive sales practices, sometimes just minutes after the rescission period, so paying $1,000 to take it back does not seem benevolent like what happened to this recently retired investment banker:

I said my wife bought this Monarch timeshare 18 years ago. I have hated it. I'm only here to know how to get rid of it. The agent should have said, "Go to your log-in page and click Transition." Instead he said you have to convert to points and sold him $12,000 in points for no reason. The guy has a lot of money so decided just to eat the $12,000, but when he called Diamond they told him he had to wait six month to be eligible so they could ding him for the 2018 maintenance fees!

4 months ago
May 21, 2019

By Richard S.

The Christian company is in Houston. Thanks for all the information. I did look for and found the Transitions program on Diamond resorts website. This was added recently or I never noticed it. The rules state you cant be in default or foreclosure or if you have already contracted with a timeshare exit company you dont qualify for this program. Once again they have restrictions to exclude people. Glad we are researching before makijng another dumb mistake. Diamond is hoping to avoid negative publicity by offering a small solution to a big problem. I found Liki Tiki Orlando Diamond resort offered on Groupon for $45 a night this past weekend so like I posted before ANY lower class rude obnoxious Motel 6 person now has access and affordable rates to the same resort I can book my points at. This is WRONG way to treat OWNERS

Avatar for Richard S. Richard S.

4 months ago
May 21, 2019

By Alan B.

21 years owner. Great 20 years ago but today the maintenance fee 300% increase. Benefits degreasing and more owners. Not worth the annual cost. Want to sell points and get out of DRI lying and greedy.

2 months ago
Jul 28, 2019

By Lance C.

alanb431 wrote:
21 years owner. Great 20 years ago but today the maintenance fee 300% increase. Benefits degreasing and more owners. Not worth the annual cost. Want to sell points and get out of DRI lying and greedy.

Have you contacted Diamond's loss mitigation program? They are taking back a select, limited number of units from owners provided the owners have their units paid off and the maintenance fees up to date.

The other option is to advertise your unit for sale of giveaway here on RedWeek or other reputable timeshare-related web sites. Just don't pay any company a large, upfront fee to sell or "cancel" your timeshare as those are almost always scams.

2 months ago
Jul 28, 2019

By Jan S.

thank you for this information- the marketing hard sell at Diamond continues-- apparently there is a new owner for the Diamond Company...so will see what happens.. I appreciate the information about $1000 cost to take back deed... hopefully in the future when I am ready to give back my Diamond points it will be easier.. the Timeshare industry could be better if they worked cooperatively with their owners.. thank you again for this information on Diamond..

2 months ago
Jul 28, 2019

By Irene P.

Lance Diamond has accepted 100% of Transitions requests for members of our 3400 member-sponsored Diamond Facebook. I have contacted exit companies telling them they are being dishonest accepting clients, which renders the client ineligible for Transitions. Transitions cost $1000 and these exit companies are charging $3000 and often can't get them out. One widow paid a company $9000 for 3 contracts. I helped her get her money back 21 months later from the exit company, but now she has to argue with Diamond because she responded to an ad after her husband died. I can't speak for the universe of Diamond members, but anyone on our Facebook has just clicked the Transitions button on their member log-in page and followed instructions. I don't have many good things to say about Diamond after hearing over 700 families report unfair and deceptive sales practices, but on this point (pun intended) I give them high five. The Facebook page was launched by an economics professor who knows more about Diamond points than anyone I have ever encountered. A voluntary surrender is a bitter pill for people like Ben Y who was told he had to buy $12,000 worth of points to convert his deed to points, buying those points unnecessarily. When he called three days after the rescission period they told him sounds like, "he said she said" telling him he had to wait an additional six months so they could ding him for the maintenance fees. They didn't use those exact words. He told the agent, "My wife bought this Monarch deed 18 years ago. I have hated it for 18 years. I am only here to learn how to get rid of it. What do I have to do?" How about that CLARITY promise of respect for the customer, and clear concise transparent and accountable information." https://www.facebook.com/groups/DiamondResortsOwnersAdvocacy/

2 months ago
Aug 10, 2019

By Irene P.

Jan Did they say who the new owner is?

2 months ago
Aug 10, 2019

By Don P.

If you are dealing directly with Diamond resorts then $ 1,000 to be rid of a lifetime obligation is a bargain .

2 months ago
Aug 10, 2019

By Lance C.

irenep59 wrote:
Transitions cost $1000 and these exit companies are charging $3000 and often can't get them out.

That is one reason why, when people come on boards like these asking how to get rid of their timeshares, I often tell them to first try contacting the resort and to not use any of these companies that claim they can "cancel" your timeshare. It seems like weekly a timeshare owner comes on here asking "Has anyone heard of So-and-so timeshare exit company?".

2 months ago
Aug 10, 2019

By Joe W.

I need to talk to a supervisor with Diamond. No one will return my calls!!!! Does anyone have a direct number to contact the new owner? I am being ripped off from points and no reservations. I was an owner with Amber since 1995 and when Diamond took ownership, they are ripping me off!!! taking my money but no service

2 weeks ago
Oct 07, 2019

page 48 of 48

«  prev page   1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48   next page  »

Reply to Topic

Available only to RedWeek.com Guests and Members
Sign in or register for free