The Grand Mayan Acapulco

Grand Mayan and the Mayan Palace

Aug 10, 2008

Hello: I have been to the Grand Mayan and Mayan Palace in Cancun, Nuervo Vallarta and now I am going to Acapulco. The Cancun Mayan Palace did not face the Ocean and there was alot of walking. I was wondering how the Acapulco Resort is...is there water views and which unit is the best for both the Mayan Palace and the Grand Mayan. I will be staying 2 weeks, one week in each. Last year I stayed in the Grand Mayan in Cancun. I was lucky enough to get building 1 which is right off the Grand Mayan Pool and short walk to the beach. Can you tell me anything about Acapulco both the Grand Mayan and the Mayan Palace.....which building is the closest. My Husband and I are so happy with the Mayan Palace time share. We love it and are so happy we are lucky enough to be owners. Thank you for your help. judyw29@aol.com

Judy W.

Last edited by judy337 on Aug 10, 2008 02:16 PM

Mar 04, 2013

Last year, July of 2012, we stayed at the Grand Blizz, Puerto Vallarta, with friends. They owned another timeshare through RCI. While we were guest, we enjoyed all restaurants, bars and pools, etc. During the sales pitch, we were told all resort amenities were available to us and that after becoming owners we could be moved to an oceanfront room. But not true! After we purchased into the Mayan we were ask to leave one of the pools and told we could only use the Mayan Pools. We complained but did not get any results. As far as the oceanfront room they just led us on for days telling us one was going to be open. Though we were totally frustrated with the Vida Sales Rep. and the Resort. We had such a great time in Puerto Vallarta we decided instead of gifts for Christmas, we gave our family plane tickets and a week at the Mayan in Nuevo Puerto Vallarta. After all we had purchase weeks, we needed to use them. With our parents and our children, we have a family of 12 and including my friend’s family, we plan to be taking a total of 21 people to the Mayan in July of 2013. Then things only got worse. I also did as the sales rep. suggested and believed the spill about enrolling with Global Golf Connections and they would rent our weeks, in return that is how we would pay for the timeshare. We were told when we enrolled that we would get our check in January of 2013. When my friend called last week they gave her a spill about sales being down etc.. and told her that her weeks should be sold by April. I called 1 week later, they gave me the same spill and told me June. Because we have had to make payments for the timeshare, we were depending on using that check to purchase a plane ticket for my husband and I (the only 2 tickets left to purchase) and for family spending money while there. After looking at several forums it looks as though the Mayan Sales Rep. lied to us about that too. It looks as if it is only a scam to get you money. Now after booking through HSI, using my breakaway weeks, I have been informed that there are two Mayans. Mayan Palace and Grand Mayan is two different places on the same resort. I was also told I could only use the pool nearest the beach. Again this is not what we were told by the Sales Rep. So here we are, an average middle income family, and between my friends and I, we have booked 4 – 2BR, rooms for 21 people. We used all of our Christmas funds to purchase tickets for our children. Global Golf Connections is giving us the run around, and we will probably never see that check. We must find some way to purchase 2 more plane tickets and figure out what to do with the kids because they can’t use the kid’s pool with the slides etc. We feel like we have been robbed. We had such a great time last year at the Mayan until we became members.

Robin K.
Dec 03, 2013

I just found out about this too. so what happened in the end? did you end up going?

Jay B.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.