Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Selling a Mayan Palace Timeshare

Nov 11, 2011

I am trying to sell my Mayan Palace Timeshare. I have heard that if you sell, Mayan Palace takes 10% of your original purchase price, although I have not been able to substantiate that with Mayan Palace. Does anyone know if this is true?

Rob D.
Nov 15, 2011

robd67 wrote:
I am trying to sell my Mayan Palace Timeshare. I have heard that if you sell, Mayan Palace takes 10% of your original purchase price, although I have not been able to substantiate that with Mayan Palace. Does anyone know if this is true?

Your question could probably be best answered at www.tugbbs.com where they have a Mexican forum.

R P.
Nov 17, 2011

My email addr is rdurnberger@yahoo.com.

Rob D.
Feb 25, 2012

I too hope to sell my Mayan Palace Timeshare. I am new to this. Who are you contacting and how are you going about doing it? Any help would be much appreciated.

Carrie M.
Feb 25, 2012

carriem141 wrote:
I too hope to sell my Mayan Palace Timeshare. I am new to this. Who are you contacting and how are you going about doing it? Any help would be much appreciated.

First and foremost, I will repeat the cardinal rule for selling timeshares, vacation properties, etc. Never, ever pay anyone a large, upfront fee to sell, rent out, market, or " cancel" your timeshare.

The next applicable fact for you to remember is that there is a huge glut of Mexican timeshares available and, right now, people are struggling to even give them away!

In all honesty, your best bet is to list it for free giveaway here on RedWeek's Bargain Basement. You can also try Bidshares, E-bay, or Timeshare Users Group (aka "TUG").

Lance C.
Apr 09, 2012

You can sell your timesheare any times Mayan want remove 10%.The only cost the new ower will one condo fees to tranfer to is name.EX if your condo fees are $500.00.I will need to pay this amount.Andre

Andre T.
Jun 02, 2012

nancyb660 wrote:
Matthew--I am interested in your success in getting refunds for Mayan Place timeshares. Please contact me @ txtooth@msn.com.

I am pleased to report that Matthew was able to get us a FULL REFUND AFTER 2 YEARS of ownership in Grupo Mayan plus a cancellation of our timeshare!!! The process was easy & Matthew kept me informed during the process. Yes, we did pay a fee upfront but the contract states that if he cannot get a full or partial refund & cancel your timeshare the fee is FULLY REFUNDABLE! I know many people say you should never pay a fee upfront but this was guaranteed. My husband is in sales & very skeptical of people but he talked with Matthew at length & was satisfied that this wasn't a scam. I had been searching for a solution for the past 2 yrs but most wanted to take over your timeshare & maintenance fees but not reimburse for the original purchase, or they wanted $$ to "list" the resort for rent or sale in a publication. Those were not viable options for me. I found a group in Mexico that would help you sell but I was afraid if it didn't work out I would have no recourse since the company was in Mexico. TCP is based in Delaware.

It felt great to see the wire transfer in my bank account less than a week after all the papers were signed. Nancy Bettis

Nancy B.

Last edited by marty8084 on Jun 03, 2012 02:37 PM

Jun 03, 2012

One more time, I smell a shill .... I get so tired of all the scam companies coming to Redweek's forums and trying to advertise their scams.

There's no way that any entity can get YOU out from under a legal and binding contract that YOU signed.

R P.
Jun 03, 2012

I have a Cancellation with Refund contract issued from Grand Mayan's corporate office as proof for anyone doubting my previous comment.

Nancy B.
Jun 04, 2012

nancyb684 wrote:
I have a Cancellation with Refund contract issued from Grand Mayan's corporate office as proof for anyone doubting my previous comment.

Yeah right, and I guess you think that all Redweek forum members still believe in the Easter Bunny.

R P.
Jun 04, 2012

I agree with Jayjay. Sounds like they are using redweek to advance their scam. Looks like a team working to get more unsuspecting victims. Keep up the good work Jayjay.

Don P.
Jun 04, 2012

I would be pleased to email you a copy of my contract if you would like. I work as a health professional & my husband is in sales. My only goal in posting is to inform people like me who are searching for a solution as to what worked for me. You can ask for the proof or continue to post your speculations. The choice is yours.

Nancy B.
Jun 05, 2012

Shills are proliferating Redweek's forums .... where are the moderators? What is said in a timeshare presentation (deceptive sales practices) by timeshare salespeople is of no legal consequence .... it's what's in the WRITTEN contract that is legitimate legally.

So, just because someone comes to you and tells you that they were lied to in a timeshare presentation has zero legal bearing.

For instance, Profeco (the consumer advocacy agency in Mexico) has dealt with timeshare buyers that were lied to concerning their rescission period in that country ..... some salespeople were telling buyers that they had NO rescission period and it was written so in their contracts (which is outright fraud) and IS illegal so Profeco and those buyers have legal recourse for going after the resorts that practice this scam by getting the buyers out of their deceitful contracts.

R P.

Last edited by marty8084 on Jun 05, 2012 02:53 PM

Jun 05, 2012

I can provide you a prospect, I'm Ivan from timesharewatch.com

Ivan L.
Jun 05, 2012

the three main rules of getting out of a timeshare are:

NEVER pay up front fees

NEVER pay up front fees

NEVER pay up front fees

There are scammers everywhere. Anyone can print phony documents and forms and supply phony references. If you never pay an up front fee you can't get ripped off.

Don P.
May 08, 2013

Luis.... take your scam somewhere else. I just reported your scam to Redweek.

Don P.
Aug 23, 2013

Have you sold it yet? please give me your contact information theres something HUGE going on for all mayan palace members that want to sell

Licensed B.
Aug 23, 2013

Don't believe a word of that last post. They are setting you up to be scammed.

Don P.
Jan 21, 2015

good afternoon just want to get an advice, there's a company who wants to buy my timesahre they told me they have a buyer lined up for my timeshare. the timesahre i owned is located at Mayan palace(the bilss resort) at puerto vallarta, mexico just want to know if you know this company who told me they are the brokers, their name is as follows:International financial partnerts, Inc they are located in Diamond Bar, CA need your help on this matter, they are requestin a penalty fee to be paid to the resort to relese the rigth to sale this property. please your help will be much appreciated. Gus Barrera.

Agustin B.

Last edited by agustinb on Jan 21, 2015 02:47 PM

Jan 22, 2015

It's a SCAM !!!!

Don P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.