Mar 03, 2013

I received several calls and e-mails similiar to this but from a company called Corona Brokers out of Huston Texas - they even had Marival logo on their web site. Offering alot of $ for my points. Never got to the point where they told me what it would cost me to sell though - once I told them I would have my attorney look over the offer and get back to them - they disappeared. the letter my attorney sent them came back undeliverable. Rancho's response to my inquiry was this is another scam. Of course the Marival presentation is also one of the worst I have ever been to. If a gun had been held to my head I wouldn't have felt more threathened or intimidated. Had to tell at least 7 people NO< NO< NO - not giving you more $. Their final comment was "If you do not buy this package, you will never get another reservation at Rancho again".. Really! Have no desire to have anything to do with a company like this!!!!! Don't be fooled folks.

Marilyn P.
Mar 03, 2013

I went through the pain and suffering of the Marival sales promotion. I personally had a meeting with Timmo the general manager at Rancho to express my anger. Marival told me the same lies as everyone else. They even said they were building more units. On the positive note the property looks great and most of the units have been refurbished. The beaches are the cleanes Ive ever seen.. If anyone would like to chat my name is Scott 561 801 5661 I live in wellington Florida and I am there every july.

Scott L.
Mar 04, 2013

@robertk630- Would you be able to update us on this forum once again, regarding your trade of Rancho points to Marival points?

I am curious to know if now Rancho is happy with the deal, and no longer billing you for any Rancho maintenance fees.

Thanks, Dave Anderson, Prineville, Oregon

David A.
Mar 04, 2013

@annetter48 & wendyc62- Our 1200 points at Rancho have been on the market (about $400+ to some Time-Share sales outfit to try to sell it for us), for about 8 months now. Our "asking" price has been MINUS $100 for the past 3 or 4 months, with no offers. That's right, we would PAY a "buyer" $50.00 per each 600 point contract (we have 1200 points total) to actually take over our contract, sign a Property Return Agreement or whatever else to make it official, and take over the maintenance fees with total ownership, and we haven't heard a word from anyone!

Does that convince everyone of the real value of a Rancho Timeshare Contract??? If not, what would it require to convince everyone that the value of a Rancho Timeshare Contract is actually NEGATIVE.

The only thing I'm not sure of, is how much one would have to PAY someone to take the Rancho contract off your hands!! I would guess the answer would be several years maintenance fees!

Dave Anderson, Prineville, Oregon

wendyc62 wrote:
Yes we tried to sell through paying $399 fee to Timeshare Resale companies. Two different ones. listed with the Real Estate firm that doesn't make you pay upfront. We also posted on RedWeek, and similar time share sites and ads in the newspapers and craiglist, on the Forum for Rancho. We tried to sell for two years and before our second year dues were up, we just didn't want to be sued by rancho and they were relentless. We hoped to get something, we tried to sell for just $1,000 for all those platinum points. NOTHING... we got nothing.

wendyc62 wrote:
We paid $50K and tried to sell our Platinum time, to no avail. We never received the cash back and we did everything including paying off the resort and pre paying often. Very sad. We loved Rancho, but the owners were not ever playing fair. To book I paid two years in advance, and continually asked for a certain unit with the whirlpool. We NEVER got it. We were one of the first owners at Rancho, and the owners always used all the premium units. We suffered the loss of our business, and tried to pay minimally for a bit on our dues, and it was not acceptable. I felt so wronged because they needed our help when they asked us to pay in full for our units, and in advance for our maintenance fees and we did. But their increases were criminal, none of our other units in Provodenciales, Turks and Caicos, Nassau, Bahammas or St. Thomas ever raised so dues so much. Very sad.

annetter48 wrote:
Did you try to sell? That is what I am trying to do and want to know what you ran into......Annette

David A.
Mar 14, 2013

Sunchasers Resort formerly know as Fairmont Resort properties .........Does anyone have any information on the capital expeditures,is anyone paying this stupid fee,the more I read and inquire on Northwynd the scarier it is getting

Rd S.

Last edited by rickg202 on Mar 14, 2013 08:02 AM

May 13, 2013

Hi. What ever happened with this? What consumer law did the lawyer refer to? I'm not sure if you are aware but they are pulling the same stunt on owners of Fairmont Resort (riverside, hillside). We've been notified of a special assessment ($4000+) and if we want to get out we have to pay $3000 to turn our timeshare back over to them. People are furious. Any help/advice you can give is greatly appreciated

Cleo B.
May 14, 2013

Hi Scott,

My name is Weston. I had a similar experience with Marival. I will be vacationing at Rancho Banderas the second and third weeks of July. - If you will be at Rancho during the time I stated, would like to talk with you and share information. Thanks

Weston D.
May 15, 2013

Will be at Rancho July 20th and the Grand Mayan. on July 13th. If you would like to check out the Grand Mayan you are welcome to stop by.

Scott L.
May 22, 2013

I am very suspicious about the letter we have received, where we either pay the huge assessment or pay almost as much to abandon our ownership. We are given about 3 weeks in all to come up with all of the money, with no prior notice that this was coming. We must band together to investigate this. The rush, the fact that they want a chunk of money almost by return mail just seems fraudulent to me. My attorney looked over the original public offering statement, and says they have no legal right to create such an exorbitant assessment. Assessments are generally for flood, hurricane damage, etc. I would love to hear from others ASAP! Diane

Diane M.
May 22, 2013

I just posted my reply. Please read. Diane

Diane M.
May 22, 2013

Please let me know how you plan to handle this. I posted today. Diane

Diane M.
May 23, 2013

re northwynd. I bought formerly fairmont in bc on ebay when maintenance fees were 565. now upwards of 800 plus special assessment. What options do I have?

I read somewhere but can't find again that

...fairmont maintenance fees were such that in the event you do not pay, you cannot use and you lose your timeshare. I would be perfectly happy with that if true. do you know anything about this.

Thank you for your help Mark

Mark C.
Sep 10, 2013

I too have a week at Rancho and would like to get ride of it... If there is anything that has succeeded to get out of this fraudulent contract, please let me know... I have been a member since 1998 and our fees are now not representative of the cost for what we were sold on! anyone in the same situation and made it out? Thank you

Martin L.
Sep 10, 2013

We now believe that ANY dealing with Rancho Banderas currently involves total fraud and disregard for owner's rights. They of course benefit from taking back all the units for lapse of annual dues payments, since they just rent out the space as "hotel" space, a much more lucrative business model. We also were early buyers (1999) of 1200 points, and as in my post above, have had ours on the market more than a year, and for several months for minus $50.00 per each 600 point contract, (yes, we would actually pay someone $50.00 per contract to take it off our hands and agree to keep up the maintenance fees) but have had 0 offers!!

Of course the new scheme to defraud involves Marival or other resorts offering to "buy" your Rancho timeshare in exchange for your buying a timeshare with Marival or other resort. What happens is that you then have to pay a third party to sell your Rancho resort, but there is never a real sale where the buyer agrees to continue maintenance fees, so Rancho just continues to bill you for the annual fees until you give up, and then they have the unit(s) back for free!!

Quite the racket, with little apparent fear of legal consequences, since we would have to interact with local lawyers eventually, etc. etc.--

My advice is to just stay out of Mexico at this time, for lots of reasons.

Dave Anderson, Prineville, Oregon

David A.
Sep 11, 2013

markc601 wrote:
re northwynd. I bought formerly fairmont in bc on ebay when maintenance fees were 565. now upwards of 800 plus special assessment. What options do I have?

...fairmont maintenance fees were such that in the event you do not pay, you cannot use and you lose your timeshare.

I would be perfectly happy with that if true. do you know anything about this.

Me too, exactly the same and wondering what is up now, Sept 2013.

Mark C.
Sep 11, 2013

***What is the Marival story? What should I expect? ***** I have owned 1200 points for 2 years, bought on Ebay. Maint. Fees for 2012 were $1821, year 2013, $1731 (including the 5% early pay discount) Please feel free to phone - (562) 434-0881 Thanks for taking the time.

Jacqueline P.
Sep 12, 2013

You may want to check the postings on http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=182857&page=37

markc601 wrote:
markc601 wrote:

...fairmont maintenance fees were such that in the event you do not pay, you cannot use and you lose your timeshare.

I would be perfectly happy with that if true. do you know anything about this.

Me too, exactly the same and wondering what is up now, Sept 2013.

You may want to check the postings on http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=182857&page=37 There are 4 or 5 legal firms listed that Fairmont owners have hired. They go to court October 5, if I recall correctly. You might still be able to get on with one of the firms.

Cleo B.
Feb 20, 2014

Just to let you know,I purchased from Marival and am currently trying to cancel it. I was completely lied to, they are con artists and will lie to your face and treat you like your family. There loans officer Guillermo is the most disrespectful person I have met. I really hope you don't have to deal with them.

Sean R.
Feb 20, 2014

Sorry about your problem but I know I warned people not to be fooled into buying another timeshare.

Scott L.
Apr 15, 2014

We also made the mistake of supposedly getting out of our rancho deal and "upgrading" to Marival. Yes we are stupid. On top of that Rancho Banderas charged us $300 after we left as an upgrade fee that we never authorized. We tried to cancel but missed the 5 day recission date. They did put an illegal clause in the contract stating that we couldn't rescind the contract. We are working with profecco on that item.

Annie H.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.