Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Marival Nuevo Vallarta - Vacation Club Services - Timeshare

Aug 18, 2008

Just looking for people that have experienced there sales programs pro or con.

We did go thur a sales presentation and had two case of fraud, by the the sales team. At the moment I'm working with Porfeco, Procuraduria Federal del Consumidor, in Mexico to correct this so it won't happen to others.

Richard H.
Aug 18, 2008

Good for you .... keep us posted.

R P.
Feb 20, 2014

Just wondering if any new news about Marival, I am currently trying to cancel my contract due to fraud and being sold a complete lie.

jayjay wrote:
Good for you .... keep us posted.

Sean R.
Mar 06, 2017

How did it go? Were you able to cancel? I am trying to cancel now to do fraud as well.

Mistie V.
Jan 18, 2023

I think We have been completely scammed by Marival. Really wanting to figure out if this is in fact the case and how to go about getting out of this money pit we have not even been able to use. Pls let us know who to contact and if their has been any luck getting out of the timeshare contract and possibly getting some of our money back

P Denese M.
Jan 19, 2023

pdenesem wrote:
I think We have been completely scammed by Marival. Really wanting to figure out if this is in fact the case and how to go about getting out of this money pit we have not even been able to use. Pls let us know who to contact and if their has been any luck getting out of the timeshare contract and possibly getting some of our money back

Scammed in what sense? Is Marival a company that sold you a timeshare? Travel club membership? Promised to sell your unit if you paid an upfront fee? Promised to help you "cancel" your timeshare?

From what you've posted, I'm assuming it's a timeshare that they persuaded you to purchase. If that is the case and you want to get out of this contract, your best and easiest bet would be to just stop paying the annual maintenance fees or dues. and let your membership lapse. You might face a bunch of annoying collection calls and letters but those won't hurt, although you might also face a ding on your credit score or history.

The biggest warning and piece of advice is to not go seeking the help of many of these companies and law firms that claim they can "cancel" your contract or that they can sue on your behalf.

Lance C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.