Timeshare Exchanges

MARRIOTT RIPPING OFF ARUBA OCEAN CLUB OWNERS

Jun 13, 2022

I agree with you. Marriott has taken advantage of Ocean Club owners for years. How much do you think we have spent since the place opened for the repairs due to leaks and floods.

Wich W.

Last edited by phyl21 on Jun 14, 2022 11:34 AM

Jun 14, 2022

I felt compelled to respond to your message. Agree with everything you stated. We purchased nearby at Divi Phoenix. However, after seeing the catastrophic destruction of the condo complex in Florida last year, how can we turn a blind eye to renovation/repairs that must be completed for safety purposes. Our buildings also leak like a sieve when it rains. Water comes down the walls sometimes. We usually require a dehumidifier in the room. One time, due to another in series of errors, they gave our suite away, and we were sent to "the penthouse". Yeah, big deal, it wasn't as nice as my own villa. However, the closet in master bedroom smelled so strongly of mold. When the rainstorm happened-that entire wall got wet, so at least we were able to determine the source of the odor/leak/damages. We ALL hate the ridiculous maintenance fees, but faced with repairs - or an entire building collapse due to deferred maintenance....

Martin L.
Jul 06, 2022

Yes I am interested in knowing more and if what is written here is true count me in.

Tony Loconti

Tony L.
Jul 06, 2022

Just a reminder, this thread began in 2008. The person that opened it has since stopped pursuing this. He and a small group of us worked relentlessly to get some action and unfortunately Marriott is too big for several hundred timeshare owners to fight. I sold my timeshare through redweek many years ago and rent from other owners when I choose to vacation in Aruba. I think Alan may have also sold his. I heard from him several years ago when he was looking into putting his up for sale. If folks feel they should pursue this, someone that is an owner needs to take it on.

Patricia C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.