General Discussion

Beware of Club Regina Cancun

Dec 23, 2008

A disappointing experience! My week stay at the Westin Club Regina Cancun was fraught with disappointment. I have been a member of Club Regina Cabo for 14 years and have had wonderful experiences every year. When I made my reservation too late for Club Regina Cabo I had to choose elsewhere. I decided to spend the week of December 6th through the 13th at the Club Regina Cancun. I confirmed my reservation for a room with two rooms each with a king size bed and a living room kitchen area. I invited two friends to come with because I believed there would be plenty of space. When we checked in out room had only one bedroom and a living room kitchen area. One of my friends had to sleep on the couch and the other on a roll away cot. We were told several times that no other rooms were available but later found out that Club Regina was only 30% occupied. The room was the main point of disappointment but there were a number of other problems that arose through the week that included: • We were also locked out of our room on three occasions during our stay. Two times we were locked out maintenance took thirty to respond. On one occasion were had to wait until the next morning for our locks to be fixed. One of our 2 doors stopped working a fourth time. • Maids did not clean the room 3 of 7 days. • No towels when we needed them • The front desk constantly could not make change from dollars to Pecos and only had 20 Pecos notes that were worth $2.00 • This is very inconvenient when you need to convert several hundred dollars • The Margaritas poolside were terrible for a Mexican resort this was severely disappointing • Activities –there was only beach and pool • In the end the front desk and Rain Tree representatives ignored our needs • They tried to charge me for an orphans fund without my permission which was 3-5% of the total bill • Maids pension fund • $3-5 a day for the maids which didn’t show up • Were charged $25 for the loss of a discount/ towel card I feel like the management of the Club Regina Cancun neither cared about my experience nor felt like making an effort to change the horrible experience I had.

Jack M.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.