Travel Tips & Advice

Beware of Vacation Class S.A. de C.V. (advertising The Bliss Resorts, Bliss Vacation Club, Grand Mayan, Vida Vacations, VidaSales and more).

Jul 01, 2013

Beware of Vacation Class S.A. de C.V. (advertising The Bliss Resorts, Bliss Vacation Club, Grand Mayan, Vida Vacations, VidaSales and more). My mother and I traveled to Mexico to celebrate my graduation from college. After about seven hours traveling we were met at the airport in Cancun by some saleswoman misrepresenting her intention. The next day we were at their Grand Mayan where we were subjected to five hours of high-pressure sales tactics before we relented signing an English-only document purporting to be selling "lodging rights and services."

After getting away, we learned more about whom we had been picked up by from websites like tripadvisor, timesharescam, complaintsboard, scam, mescam, pissedconsumer, independenttraveler, and fodors, to name a few (all ending dot com). We notified the sales office that we cancel and asked for our downpayment back. They pretend to be confused and refuse.

We learned that Mexican law protects consumers under PROFECO; that all contracts regarding property in Mexico, including timeshares, must be in Spanish and bear certification by a Notario--neither of which was true for us; and that we can file a complaint in at any Mexican Consulate.

Our lawyer is putting together copies of their responses to share with you the names (and taunting words) of these sales people and the additional aliases they use. We hope that this post reaches you before you travel to Mexico, so you know to stay away from these people when they try to get you at the airport.

Barbara C.
Jul 06, 2013

We recently had a wonderful vacation at the Grand Mayan. However, our first full day there included almost 5 hours of high pressure sales.

"Gabby" at the front desk had previously assured us at we would only spend 45 minutes there. She stated that because we are already timeshare owners, there would be no need for more information.

It was my perception that this presentation was only to let us know about a class action suit and give us orientation to the resort for this stay. (Similar to what Marriott does at Desert Springs). Because we had been offered a free 1-week vacation for ourselves and another one for our friends who were our guests, we stayed so we could get our week. That turns out to be a coupon. When I called the number on the coupon, the guy says, you must have had this for awhile, like over 2-3 months, right? I said no, we had it only for about 2 weeks. Then he says, it does not activate for 3-4 business weeks. So if it does work at all, there is a very narrow timeframe in which you can even check on the free vacation week.

For all consumers, this is a lovely resort, but follow what has previously been stated, and avoid the presentation at all costs.

Christine P.
Jul 08, 2013

My mother and I have received an "offer of settlement" (viewable at this link http://tinyurl.com/k3mggkf) that would obligate us to lie about our experience with these people who have identified themselves to us as Bliss Resorts, Bliss Vacation Club, Vida Vacation Club International Sales, Grupo Vida Vacation, Mayan Resorts, Riviera Maya, et al.

First, this offer purports to create a contractual relationship between us and another company, to wit: Premium International Vacations S.A. de C.V. We are trying to sever ties with the authors of this unpleasant chapter of our lives, not expand the list of characters.

Second, this offer purports to have us surrender our free speech rights, and goes further by obliging us to participate in marketing activities, such as posting positive comments, on behalf of the Premium International Vacations S.A. de C.V. and its unidentified "Affiliates," for no consideration other than the return of our own money.

Third, this offer demands our silence, requiring us to keep these terms a secret, and never to speak about it, under threat. Meanwhile, we are suppose to trust that the "Person Offering Settlement" noted on this offer with an office at the Riviera Maya (a) has the authority to make this offer, and (b) will eventually refund our downpayment.

Who are these people? And why would any reputable hotel or resort allow them on their property to take our money? More importantly, why hasn't any of THESE hotels and resorts contacted us to resolve this?

Barbara C.
Jul 08, 2013

So sorry to hear you are in this predicament. I can only wish you the very best.

Christine P.
Oct 16, 2013

if u wish to take part in a class action lawsuit relating to this company, contact info@arthurdouglaslaw.com

Mary G.
Oct 23, 2013

barbarac657 wrote:
My mother and I have received an "offer of settlement" (viewable at this link http://tinyurl.com/k3mggkf) that would obligate us to lie about our experience with these people who have identified themselves to us as Bliss Resorts, Bliss Vacation Club, Vida Vacation Club International Sales, Grupo Vida Vacation, Mayan Resorts, Riviera Maya, et al.

First, this offer purports to create a contractual relationship between us and another company, to wit: Premium International Vacations S.A. de C.V. We are trying to sever ties with the authors of this unpleasant chapter of our lives, not expand the list of characters.

Second, this offer purports to have us surrender our free speech rights, and goes further by obliging us to participate in marketing activities, such as posting positive comments, on behalf of the Premium International Vacations S.A. de C.V. and its unidentified "Affiliates," for no consideration other than the return of our own money.

Third, this offer demands our silence, requiring us to keep these terms a secret, and never to speak about it, under threat. Meanwhile, we are suppose to trust that the "Person Offering Settlement" noted on this offer with an office at the Riviera Maya (a) has the authority to make this offer, and (b) will eventually refund our downpayment.

Who are these people? And why would any reputable hotel or resort allow them on their property to take our money? More importantly, why hasn't any of THESE hotels and resorts contacted us to resolve this?

I appreciate your very informative informations regarding your experience in Mexico with Grand Mayan. I, unfortunately had a similar experience with VIDA Vacation and i have "as those sales associates said it would be an good investment" invested significant amount of money into The Bliss. After coming across so many complaints about this group, i regret very much how I was really naive and uneducated about this scam.

Although it may be too late now that it was really a hard lesson but i am in a constant search for a solution to get out of this contract with VIDA, however, everywhere I look, people post their complaint and Grand Mayan member service post a reply to it and soon after they only post the message as " they have resolved the situation to my satisfaction" etc. but never in any details. Does that mean they got the total refund on their credit card(s) as to what they have invested? That they have no more obligation what's so ever with them? What has happened to your situation since your last posting?

Neko Y.

Last edited by megumim3 on Oct 23, 2013 11:32 AM

Oct 24, 2013

Dear megumim3,

We have been notified about your comment.

If you have pending concerns with us, we have confidence they can be addressed as soon as we are contacted to continue this dialogue. As Customer Service advocates, we appreciate the opportunity to make our clients happy and by establishing a direct route of communication, we get the chance to analyze each case individually and find the most suitable solution.

Being that said, reach out to us at grupomayanblog@grupovidanta.com or by telephone at 1-800-292-9446. Kindly provide us your contract details to be able to provide you personalized assistance.

We are devoted to provide the most spectacular vacations on the best beach locations available in Mexico and reassure you of the great purchase you made.

We truly appreciate your time.

Sincerely, The Customer Support Team.

Vida V.
Oct 24, 2013

Megumim3, you can contact info@arthurdouglaslaw.com regarding a class action lawsuit relating to this company

Mary G.
Nov 19, 2013

This is to advise that the complaint has been satisfactorily resolved.

Thank you !

Terry L.

Last edited by terryl275 on Nov 21, 2013 01:08 PM

Mar 06, 2015

We wish we had seen this all prior to our trip to Cancun. We got 'sucked in!' : ( Now we are trying to cancel our 'too good to be true' MISTAKE!

Darla R.
Aug 26, 2015

The issue has been resolved.

Cherry L.

Last edited by cherryl10 on Sep 09, 2015 12:04 PM

Sep 08, 2015

I have been working with the Member Services Department directly and this matter has been satisfactorily resolved.

Thank you

Cherry L.

Last edited by cherryl10 on Sep 09, 2015 12:02 PM

Sep 09, 2015

I have been working with the Member Services Department directly and this matter has been satisfactorily resolved.

Thank you for your quick resolution regarding this matter, Cherry L

Cherry L.
Sep 12, 2015

Sari P.

Last edited by sarip2 on Sep 14, 2015 08:16 AM

Oct 06, 2015

If you have been "scammed" by VIDA/Grand Mayan, write directly to:

Mr. Daniel Gersai Gonzalez Oviedo Foreign Prosecution Unit Office of Attorney General of Mexico Rio Guadiana #31, tercer piso Col. Cuauhtemoc, Delegacion Cuauhtemoc C.P. 06500, Mexico, D.F.

office #: 01152 5553461668

Unfortunately, Mexican tourism suffers because of liars who dupe us; fight back so that all may visit our good neighbors, the Mexican people who depend on tourism dollars.

Barbara D.
Feb 27, 2016

We were victims of this as well - what can we do to get our money back?

You can reach me at dgray@sparktoignite.com

Donna G.
Feb 28, 2016

donnag501 wrote:
We were victims of this as well - what can we do to get our money back?

Well now that you have posted your contact information in a public forum like this, expect a lot of responses from scam artists claiming they can get your money back or fetch big bucks for your unit if you pay them a large, upfront fee.

Lance C.
May 09, 2022

I appreciate your very informative informations regarding your experience in Mexico with Grand Mayan.

Jose S.

Last edited by phyl21 on May 23, 2022 12:40 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.