General Discussion

Redweek.com Works!

Jan 22, 2009

I am glad I discovered Redweek about a year ago. Through Redweek I was able to successfully sell two unwanted timeshares. Timeshares that are appropriately priced and in the right location/season do sell when listed on Redweek. My membership expires in a few days and I do not plan to renew at this time as I have no plans to sell or rent a timeshare at this time. I have learned much on this site from many well informed owners.

Carvan A.
Jan 22, 2009

carvana wrote:
My membership expires in a few days and I do not plan to renew at this time as I have no plans to sell or rent a timeshare at this time. I have learned much on this site from many well informed owners.
Don't hesitate to chime in as a guest once in awhile. You've provided some insight to us as well

Mike N.

Last edited by mike1536 on Jan 22, 2009 06:38 PM

Jan 23, 2009

carvana has stated in pertinent part: >> My membership expires in a few days and I do not plan to renew at this time as I have no plans to sell or rent a timeshare at this time. I have learned much on this site from many well informed owners.<< ==============================================================

Your intelligence and your articulately stated facts and insights will be sorely missed here. Accurate facts can (and routinely do) unfortunately get lost among boldly stated (but still completely uninformed) opinions on the unfiltered Internet. I respect and appreciate your demonstrated willingness and ability to instead just "stick to the facts". Your courtesy and patience is also to be commended --- and I'll just leave it at that. Offering the BEST word ALWAYS beats merely having the LAST word...

While still retaining my active RedWeek membership, I too will henceforth no longer be posting in these RedWeek forums. At this juncture, I feel that anything I have to say which is of any use or value at all (...however little that may be) has been stated already and is easily retrievable in a "search by subject" conducted by anyone caring to even bother. At this point, just repeating myself incessantly no longer feels like a productive or at all rewarding use of my time.

Best of health and happiness to you and yours, Counsellor. And to all others here too --- be smart, be careful and be well. Adieu.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jan 23, 2009 04:58 AM

Jan 23, 2009

I've also had very good luck with Redweek. After looking at my account, I see that I had listed 10 weeks for sale in the past. I don't know how many I actually sold via Redweek, since I also used a couple of other internet sites, but eventually all the weeks were sold, however that was before postcard companies came on the scene with $1.00 timeshares on Ebay.

Carvana and Ken, please don't go. Yes, people can use the search feature but many people don't or don't know how. We need you here to reiterate to all readers your knowledge concerning timeshares and scams such as upfront fee parasites.

Carvana, the only disagreement we've ever had was over the legal ramifications concerning maintenance fees. Other than that, I don't believe we've ever disagreed on anything else.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Jan 23, 2009 08:04 AM

Jan 23, 2009

carvana wrote:
My membership expires in a few days and I do not plan to renew at this time as I have no plans to sell or rent a timeshare at this time. I have learned much on this site from many well informed owners.

I believe you can still post even if you're not a member.

R P.
Jan 26, 2009

I have had a timeshare for sale on Redweek since last May with not even one nibble. I am not convinced that Redweek is the best place to work with. charlenef16

Charlene F.
Jan 26, 2009

charlenef16 wrote:
I have had a timeshare for sale on Redweek since last May with not even one nibble. I am not convinced that Redweek is the best place to work with. charlenef16

Depends on different criteria; supply, demand, location and price. If you don't get any replies within a month after placing your ad then keep dropping the price, but keep in mind that some timeshare weeks can't even be given away (ie; nobody wants them).

Many people ask far too much for their timeshares in the first place. No matter what you paid initially (whether developer or resale), the market (buyer) sets the price.

R P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.