General Discussion

GMAC Timeshare Division

Oct 09, 2010

larryi13 wrote:
As of June 6, 2010 you have my $1000 to rent my timeshare. Where are the million of potential renters? Is your guest showroom still open. I would like my money back. I believe you are a fraudulent company and that I was scammed.

If you paid $1000 upfront for such services then, yeah, it is a fraudulent company and a scam. Asking them to refund your money on a message board like this will accomplish nothing (other than allowing you to vent).

Again, your best bet now is to file a complaint with the Attorney-General of the state in which the scammer is located. If it is Florida, you stand a good chance because the Florida AG is taking action against such scammers.

Lance C.
Nov 23, 2010

sugeyc wrote:
I was about to get fooled once again. You will think that after 3x of paying some bogus company money to rent your timeshare, one will learn. I do not were is my name listed at that almost everyday some company calls that interested in buying my timeshare.

For all of you that already paid some bonus company your money, get your money back by putting a dispute with your credit card company for failure to deliver services. I recently got back credit back for $2500 for a transaction that happened in 2008. I also got $998, from another CC, for a more recent transaction. I still to follow up on another transaction.

I was wondering how you were able to convince the cc company to offer a refund. I have tried to dispute with my cc but to no avail. My transaction was less than 1 year ago.

C K.
Nov 24, 2010

ck108 wrote:
I was wondering how you were able to convince the cc company to offer a refund. I have tried to dispute with my cc but to no avail. My transaction was less than 1 year ago.
There are numerous credit card issuers and each has its' own policies and practices. However, very few will ever entertain a billing dispute when the time period between a charge appearing on a bill and the filing of a written dispute exceeds 90 days (actually, 60 days is probably more the "norm", some might be as few as 30 days).

I too would be VERY interested in hearing the details of how a charge could possibly be successfully disputed or reversed 2 YEARS after the fact. It may be true, but it certainly does not comport with any successful charge dispute time frame previously known to ME...

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Nov 24, 2010 12:11 PM

Nov 25, 2010

I paid GMAC Timeshare Division $2100 with the promise that I have have rented a week before my first credit card payment was due. They would also rent out 2 special events for more money per year. That was about 14 months ago and nothing has been rented. The last time I called them I was told that they are only paid to market it for me. The contract may even say that but their sales reps say they will rent. Stay away from them and any other who want upfront fees. They are all liars. I have contacted the Florida Attorney General and sent all of the information they requested. Maybe in time this scammer will be made to pay restitution and be out of business. Of couse they may well start another similiar business. They should all be made to feed the homeless daily or put in jail.. If only it was easy. I may contact the Agriculture department in Florida as they give these companies their liciense to operate.

Danny M.
Nov 26, 2010

danny105 wrote:
The last time I called them I was told that they are only paid to market it for me. The contract may even say that...

Unfortunately, whatever some lying weasel may have stated orally means absolutely NOTHING when there is also an associated written contract. You should not minimize or be casual about what the contract "...may even say...", since whatever it DOES say is ALL that really matters, legally.

When there is a vaild, signed written contract, whatever that contract actually states in writing is the ONLY thing that matters in the end. Any and all oral claims were just meaningless noise in the air --- unless ALSO expressed IN WRITING within the associated contract.

I'm not in ANY way defending these (or any other) deceitful "upfront fee" parasites. I'm merely pointing out that you apparently signed a written contract and whatever (and ONLY) what that contract states in writing is ALL that matters, despite whatever fairy tales may have been orally told OUTSIDE of the actual written contract content.

I'm quite sure that this is not what you WANT to hear, but it is nonetheless the harsh, simple truth and reality of your situation.

CAVEAT EMPTOR (Buyer Beware).

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Nov 26, 2010 12:22 PM

Jan 12, 2011

I know that this is a old posting, but do I need to seek legal counsel and I will start the class act suit.

S1Star S.
Jan 12, 2011

Is anyone tired of the scam? Are you receiving what was promised to you? Well, a promise is a promise and if anyone is interested, I will be seeking a FEDERAL ATTORNEY to start a lw suit. Waiting for a response. i am located in Ohio and I shall go forth.

S1Star S.
Jan 13, 2011

What I would like to know is if this company is involved with the real GMAC (General Motors Acceptance Corporation) .... if not, that's cause for a legitimate lawsuit right there.

If anyone has done business with GMAC Timeshare Division, I would call them to see IF they are involved with the real GMAC and if not, why are they using their name in their scam. That should get their attention.

R P.
Jan 24, 2011

Does anyone know of an existing or pending class action lawsuit? I have been taken by these guys as well and would love to get them out of business

David T.
Jan 24, 2011

davidt310 wrote:
Does anyone know of an existing or pending class action lawsuit? I have been taken by these guys as well and would love to get them out of business
No such class action lawsuit exists. None "pending", none ever likely. Frankly, you would be VERY hard pressed to find ANY private practice attorney or law firm which would willingly sign on for such a futile undertaking on a contingency basis; it just "ain't gonna happen"...

If you really want to help drive parasites like this out of business, you'd be best served by filing a formal, specific, written complaint with the state Attorney General's office, as has been suggested already in numerous preceding posts within this very thread.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jan 24, 2011 02:58 PM

Feb 11, 2011

I have the same problem with GMAC Timesharesales. I sent $1000.00 and have not heard from them. I called them several times and spoke to someone who told me nothng was sold, but to keep calling back. That was a year ago and now when calling the same telephone numbers I can't even get through. I would be very happy to join a class action suit and go after these crooks. How does GMAC let them get away with using their name. When I asked, they even told me they were the same company as General Motors acceptance Corp. What can we do?

Dorothy W.
Feb 12, 2011

dorothyw84 wrote:
I have the same problem with GMAC Timesharesales. I sent $1000.00 and have not heard from them. I called them several times and spoke to someone who told me nothng was sold, but to keep calling back. That was a year ago and now when calling the same telephone numbers I can't even get through. I would be very happy to join a class action suit and go after these crooks. How does GMAC let them get away with using their name. When I asked, they even told me they were the same company as General Motors acceptance Corp. What can we do?

The first thing I would do is get in touch with the real GMAC and tell them a timeshare resale company is pirating their name .... then I'd file complaints with the attorney general in the state the fake GMAC is located with both the piracy of the GMAC name and their scam of stealing $1000 of your hard earned money.

R P.
Feb 13, 2011

Where is my $1000.00? I have an account with you and have heard nothing. My marketing program seems to have nothing except costs me. I believe I have been scammed. I contacted my credit card company to get back my money, they refunded it then charged it again after contact with you. Now I will speak with a lawyer in the Orlando area.

Larry I.
Feb 13, 2011

you may not believe this, however, your remark, "i have an account and have heard nothing. It required about 7 months of registed letter writing starting 4/15/2010 on $1,995 deposit to TAI,LLC. reports were sent to Tennesee Attorney General, and BBB in Nashville. and to Upper Mgt.at Visa. on 1/14/2011. my credit card was refunded so there is zero balance on the TAI,LLC deal. Prior to this, I signed up with Forever GrandVacations and cancelled within the allowed time perior. There was a NON refundable fee of $350 in the vent of cancellation. Coast to Coast was the first credit card and since it was financed by Barclay card, headquarterer in Wilmington, DE. Certified letters were sent to a Jim Steward, Pres. Again, almost 11 months later, I received a check for $350. With this case, I had help from the book by Ron Burley, (writes some for AARP, and referred to Chapt. ONE in this book. As you can see, only certified letters will show you are serious, and phone calls do not work. No, I am not attempting to sell books, just find anything that works for these professionals

Robert S.
Jun 27, 2011

I sent my info to the Attyn Gen Pam Bondi today also. I hope it helps.

Jeff B.
Jun 27, 2011

it required almost six months of letter writing, however, I finally sent certified letters to all of the top management in a Visa account with a bank in st. louis. The chairman of the board finally asked of of his staff members to read my letter and request and as a result of a phone call, the entire $1,995 plus finance charges were all reversed. only One requirement was asked, Please continue to indicate the excellent service that I received from this visa company.

Robert S.
May 02, 2012

GMAC ripped me off by charging me $897.00 in June 0f 2009, to rent, or sell my time share. Also to rent my weeks that I had deposited with RCI. It has been almost 3 years and I have not heard a peep from them since that time.

Luke A.
May 02, 2012

Yes, I have had a very bad experience with GMAC. In June 2009 I paid them $897.00 to sell or rent my timeshare. I did not hear from them for three months, so I called them, they gave some excuse about the economy and got hostile on the phone. It has been almost three years and I have heard nothing from them. So I filed a complaint with the Attorney general of the state of Florida- "Thimeshare fraud division"

Luke A.
May 02, 2012

Don't pay one dime to those theives, they will lie, steal your money and promise you things that they will not or cannot deliver. Tell them to go where the sun does not shine.

Luke A.
Jun 13, 2012

They write the rental or sale position to their list, take the money and go on with sleeping. These are timeshare sports: offer a vision, fill the list, take the money, do not contact the client.

Wilfried M.

Last edited by wilfredio on Jun 13, 2012 08:31 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.