General Discussion

GMAC Timeshare Division

Feb 01, 2009

I was recently contacted by a rep from GMACTD about renting or selling my timeshare. It would require a one time fee of $699. Has anyone had any expirience(good,bad) with this company?

Thanks

Bd310
Feb 02, 2009

NEVER EVER PAY A COMPANY AN UPFRONT FEE TO SELL OR RENT YOUR TIMESHARE unless you have money to flush down the toilet.

R P.
Aug 09, 2009

blackdog3 wrote:
I was recently contacted by a rep from GMACTD about renting or selling my timeshare. It would require a one time fee of $699. Has anyone had any expirience(good,bad) with this company?

Thanks

I paid the $699 in November 2008 and I had 2 weeks in RCI and 1 week in Hilton Grand Vacations (all had 2 bedroom) and was told that there would be no problem renting these out while making $2500 for each week. That was a big lie, nothing happened with those 3 weeks and nothing has happend so far this year. I called them to complain and asked for my money back and all they would say is "YOUR SIGNED A CONTRACT, there's nothing you can do". I warn you not to get into this rip-off. I asked the Customer Service Manager for his boss and he tells me that he has no boss, he's the only guy I can talk to. SAVE YOUR MONEY.

Also, stay away from TIMESHARES.COM, another rip-off.

Philip B.
Aug 10, 2009

I can't imagine why GMACTD hasn't been sued by the real GMAC real estate corporation ... in essence they've stolen GMAC's name and many people think they're legit because of that name, but any company that charges an upfront fee is a scam, period, no matter what entity they call themselves and if the real GMAC is behind this company then I would be totally surprised.

I'm also surprised that no one has contacted the real GMAC with complaints concerning the theft of their name and the fraudulent practices concerning that name ..... this does not look good for General Motors Acceptance Corporation.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Aug 10, 2009 08:37 AM

Sep 22, 2009

I thought GMACTD was part of GMAC but just another division. I paid double what you guys paid. And I was told that I could get half my money back if not sold in 3 months, well it's been over 5 months now and not a single offer. If they are not holding up on their end and truly presenting our shares to potential buyers than how can they get away with such a scam? Who takes care of these scamers? Is someone in Florida who can check up on these guys like a PI?

Chris G.
Sep 22, 2009

chrisg273 wrote:
Who takes care of these scamers? Is someone in Florida who can check up on these guys like a PI?
If they are operating out of a Florida address, I would contact the Florida AG. Here is a link to another RedWeek thread which dicusses some legislative action regarding TS resellers.

Mike N.

Last edited by mike1536 on Sep 22, 2009 10:19 AM

Oct 31, 2009

GMAC is in Orlando, FL on International Drive near the Convention Center which is in the 9800 block of International Drive. I stopped in there for some general information while on a visit to Orlando and a sales lady was informative with me without trying to push anything on me or get anything from me either. I assumed it was a branch of the General Motors organization at that time but had no real knowledge of it for sure.

Dennis N.
Feb 11, 2010

i was contacted by this company, i am not sure who to trust anymore i feel like everybody is trying to con me. i am trying to get rid of my timeshare because i am in the military and i dont really get a chance to get use out of my timeshare i just make monthly and maintance payments and its horrible. i would like to know if this company is something to trust. i was told if i put down $1,000 my timeshare could be bought within 90 days, now i asked if i was guarenteed and i never got a clear answer.

Nan T.
Feb 11, 2010

im replying to the "NEVER PAY A COMPANY AN UPFRONT FEE TO SEEL OR RENT YOUR TIMESHARE" then who offers a "no fee"???? help im trying to do my research!

Nan T.
Feb 19, 2010

I paid GMAC Timeshare Division $1000.00 to Henry Cordts. I never got a returned phone call. At www.BBB.org : GMAC Timeshare Division has the worst possible rating an "F". Then I noticed after a little research that they were once Timeshare For Sale By Owner, then they changed their name to Timeshare MLS, and then they changed their named to GMAC Timeshare DIvision, I had already paid Timeshare MLS $899.00 a year prior, then GMAC Timeshare Division called me and I paid them $1000.00 without knowing they were the same company! We need to get a Class Action Lawsuit going against CHL Marketing, can anyone help me? They will never provide any proof that they have ever rented or sold a single property. GMAC Timeshare Division cannot n provide you even 2 or 3 clients that have had a good experience with GMAC. They are a scam and the only way to get your money back is to start a class action lawsuit and call your credit card company and dispute the charge and then take them to litigation. DO NOT PAY GMAC any money, THEY ARE A SCAM.

David W.
Feb 20, 2010

nant6 wrote:
im replying to the "NEVER PAY A COMPANY AN UPFRONT FEE TO SEEL OR RENT YOUR TIMESHARE" then who offers a "no fee"???? help im trying to do my research!

Sorry, I left out timeshare companies that charge an upfront fee in the hundreds/thousands of dollars.

R P.
May 27, 2010

i have been trying to sell my timeshare for about ten years with no sucess. i have had the ungodly experience with timeshare.com, what a rip off. i paid them $500 when they assured me that they would sell my ts before my next yearly maintenance fee was due. i waited for about 2 months and gave them a call. i couldn't believe the excuses they gave me. i told them if they were not going to sell my ts to give me my money back. they never called me in 5 years. i kept repeatedley calling them to no avail. i got a call from vegas telling me that they would sell my ts immediately after doing some checking found out that they were just a rip off too. i am currently talking to an, ana, who guarantees she will sell my ts and mentioned that she was legitimate and that she was with gmac. ??????..........hey...maybe if we get together we can get a clas action against these xxxxxxxx.

Frank G.

Last edited by frankg193 on May 27, 2010 05:37 PM

May 27, 2010

frankg193 wrote:
...maybe if we get together we can get a class action...

Good luck with that....

Please don't shoot the messenger, but ANY AND EVERY "upfront fee" reseller (or more accurately, "listing entity") on Planet Earth relies upon one very simple, straightforward and indisputable fact --- people have VOLUNTARILY CHOSEN to give them their money. They didn't steal it from you --- you CHOSE to GIVE it to them. How can you even possibly expect to successfully "sue" THEM --- for YOUR error in judgement?

None of these "upfront fee" parasites ever provide any form of enforceable written guarantee. Whatever empty promises were made orally mean absolutely nothing in the eyes of the law. If it's not written into the associated contract, it simply does not exist. Period, amen.

Bottom line --- there are no victims in these matters, only volunteers. So, JUST DON'T VOLUNTEER !!!

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on May 27, 2010 06:04 PM

Jun 30, 2010

I was about to get fooled once again. You will think that after 3x of paying some bogus company money to rent your timeshare, one will learn. I do not were is my name listed at that almost everyday some company calls that interested in buying my timeshare.

For all of you that already paid some bonus company your money, get your money back by putting a dispute with your credit card company for failure to deliver services. I recently got back credit back for $2500 for a transaction that happened in 2008. I also got $998, from another CC, for a more recent transaction. I still to follow up on another transaction.

Sugey C.
Jul 01, 2010

sugeyc wrote:
I was about to get fooled once again. You will think that after 3x of paying some bogus company money to rent your timeshare, one will learn. I do not were is my name listed at that almost everyday some company calls that interested in buying my timeshare.

For all of you that already paid some bonus company your money, get your money back by putting a dispute with your credit card company for failure to deliver services. I recently got back credit back for $2500 for a transaction that happened in 2008. I also got $998, from another CC, for a more recent transaction. I still to follow up on another transaction.

For all those upfront fee scammers that keep calling you, write the number down and report them to the 'do not call' registry .... they will be fined .... you can do this online.

R P.
Sep 19, 2010

I have the same issues you have had. Lets go for a class action lawsuit. More power in numbers. Bonnie from WV I plan to also contact the attorney generals office. Another place to start. Thanks Bonnie M

Bonnie M.
Oct 07, 2010

I delt with GMAC and had no results. I believe the Attorney General has filed a suit agains them.

Michael K.
Oct 08, 2010

File a complaint at www.myfloridalegal.com on thier web site. This will go to Attorney General....maybe if they get enough complaints they will look into this SCAM that GMAC Time Share Division is doing to millions!

Rob C.
Oct 08, 2010

http://myfloridalegal.com/

Rob C.
Oct 09, 2010

As of June 6, 2010 you have my $1000 to rent my timeshare. Where are the million of potential renters? Is your guest showroom still open. I would like my money back. I believe you are a fraudulent company and that I was scammed.

Larry I.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.