Timeshare Exchanges

SOLD! Would just like to share my experience in selling my timeshare

Jul 03, 2019

It seems not a day goes by without hearing about new scams aiming to cheat owners looking to buy or sell timeshares.

I have been looking for a reputable company over the last few years and had almost given up hope in selling my timeshare.

After much research I discovered RE/MAX Properties SW Timeshare Division and ended up working with Carmen who assured me they can help. Now a few months later I just received notice that escrow has closed. Carmen was amazing in guiding me through the process. Carmen promptly replied to any of my questions via email, and upon calling the company I was immediately put in touch with Carmen who could readily update me on the current step in the process and what lies ahead.

I am in no way affiliated with RE/MAX Properties SW Timeshare Division but would like to share my experience as there may be others in the same situation who could benefit from working with the business in buying or selling timeshares.

Cristian A.

Last edited by phyl21 on Jul 04, 2019 08:33 PM

Jul 03, 2019

Using a licensed realtor is always the best way to sell your timeshare but most won't take timeshares because there is little or no value in timeshare resales .

Don P.
Jul 12, 2019

Congrats! I would like to know a couple of things like, did you have to put any money up front (we all know about those) and, just how it went, closing costs who paid for those, etc...if you want to disclose. Thanks!!

Julie A.
Jul 16, 2019

Can you provide the contact info. I have unsuccessfully tried to find it. Thanks

Judy F.
Jul 16, 2019

and how much was the commission? Most timeshares are worth less than the minimum commission that a legitimate broker would charge. So if you own a name brand ocean front platinum timeshare like a 2 BR Marriott Maui, you can find brokers that will work with you and may even able to get you the best price. On the other hand if you own an Orlando timeshare (even a name brand) a legitimate broker may not be willing to even list for you because they have to be paid after the sale and they know they won't be able to find a buyer willing to pay anything near there minimum commission. Most legitimate brokers have a commission of $2000-$3000 or 10-20% if that is greater for an especially expensive timeshare.

Tracey S.
Jul 29, 2019

Can you refer who they are?

Delmar S.
May 09, 2020

I sold an Orlando HGVC ownership week through Red Week (full service) in 2019 and couldn't be happier. It took a while (a little less than a year), but I got a good offer and I highly recommend the services provided by RedWeek to get all of the paperwork taken care of. It was well worth the reasonable fees charged for the full service. I had gone to several timeshare real estate agents first and they wouldn't touch my timeshare, but RedWeek was able to get it sold and were very responsive to my questions and changes in text/price for the listing over the year it was listed.

Barbara H.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.