Timeshare Companies

She is doing something about upfront fee scammers ... will you join her?

Feb 04, 2009

I took it upon myself to start a new thread in order for people to unite for the cause in one place. There's power in numbers.

"

jillj59 wrote:
You are completely correct with this. Is it not foolish to have done it, because you want to believe that other people are good and honest. I have ocntacted 20/20 and 60 minutes just this evening. I am going to write a one page submission to 20/20, Nightline and Primetime. Please let me know very soon if anyone has anything specific that I need to add to this letter. It can not be over 1 page, however, so try and keep it brief, please. I plan to send this in within the next few days, so please hurry. The latest number I have for Omega is 1-866-380-5163, let me know if anyone has anything different. I will not stop until this is made into a newsstory and others are saved. Everyone have a nice evening, and let me know about the details. Thanks,jill"

R P.
Mar 23, 2009

I am within my "7 day window" of being scammed by OmegaMarketingSolutions.com. I stupidly paid them $900 upfront on my Visa card, which Bank of America identified promptly as FRAUD. I began contacting them Saturday requesting my 1st cancellation request. They did call me back today, trying to say they would advertise a year. I send 2nd cancellation phone calls and emails today. The numbers I have are as follows: Broker Steve Bedard cell 727-678-7060. Toll free #: 866-270-1911, x201, x100, x103. Fax #: 727-321-9513. I have not signed the contract;however, we shall see if I get my money back. Jennifer

Jennifer A.

Last edited by jennifera200 on Mar 23, 2009 07:53 PM

Mar 24, 2009

If bank of America deemed the charge as fraud, they should have automatically deleted the charge from your account. I assume you've talked to them.

R P.
Mar 25, 2009

I too joined Omega to sell my timeshare and nothing has been done to help with the sale. They NEVER return phone calls or e-mails and whenever I call there are in a meeting. I paid them $800.00 and am completely disgusted with them. Anything I can do to help with this battle against them will do. This has been going on for 6 months!!

Todd S.
Apr 02, 2009

Um....i think the reason why you are getting nowhere with your complaints is because you are a ignorant, notice how the only people who are complaining are the ones who haven't gotten someone to buy their timeshare. Look at the difference, you can come on this site and post your listing and they are still charging you 50 bucks to do so with no guarantee. also, they are not arranging closing, financing, title transfers etc, that also will cost you money. You can do this for basically free on other sites if thats what you want to do. I paid 800 dollars to sell mine to a company that did ask for upfront fees and they got the job done. now stop whining because you had a bad experience with selling yours. maybe its just not that favorable. nothing is guranteed and if you want to sell it, you have to do so the way it was sold to you, and it costs money, even though it is not guaranteed, but what ever is? Its the closest thing to actually getting a good price for your timeshare and it worked for me, sorry it didn't work for you.

Bill S.
Apr 03, 2009

bills455 wrote:
Um....i think the reason why you are getting nowhere with your complaints is because you are a ignorant, notice how the only people who are complaining are the ones who haven't gotten someone to buy their timeshare. Look at the difference, you can come on this site and post your listing and they are still charging you 50 bucks to do so with no guarantee. also, they are not arranging closing, financing, title transfers etc, that also will cost you money. You can do this for basically free on other sites if thats what you want to do. I paid 800 dollars to sell mine to a company that did ask for upfront fees and they got the job done. now stop whining because you had a bad experience with selling yours. maybe its just not that favorable. nothing is guranteed and if you want to sell it, you have to do so the way it was sold to you, and it costs money, even though it is not guaranteed, but what ever is? Its the closest thing to actually getting a good price for your timeshare and it worked for me, sorry it didn't work for you.

SHILL ALERT above.

There has never been even one cofirmed sale of a timeshare on Tug or Redweek forums by anyone that listed their timeshare via an upfront fee resale company .... you are all scams and all you want is the upfront fee money, period. You should all be in prison with the other thieves and criminals there.

Paying Redweek a fee to advertise one's own listing is a far cry from throwing hundreds to thousands of dollars to scam artists like you and WE ARE GETTING THE WORD OUT ........ TOO BAD THAT YOUR SCAM ISN'T WORKING ANY LONGER.

R P.
Apr 20, 2009

HAVE ALL OF YOU RAN A FOR SALE OF YOUR TIMESHARE ON REDWEEK ? AND HAS IT WORKED FOR YOU ? ALSO ARE YOU SAYING THAT YOU MUST PAY REDWEEK A FEE ? BECAUSE IT ONLY COSTS ABOUT $125.00 TO GO TO THE COUNTY RECORDERS OFFICE IN OUR STATE AND SHOULDN'T COST MORE THAN THAT TO COMPLETE YOUR TRANSACTION ONCE YOU HAVE A BUYER. SO ARE YOU SAYING THAT WE HAVE TO PAY A FEE OF $50 BUCKS AND THEN WILL HAVE TO PAY MORE IF A BUYER IS INTERESTED ? LET ME KNOW. NEW TO THIS ASPECT OF TIMESHARES. I THOUGHT THAT A BUYER COULD JUST CALL YOU WITH AN AD. THANKS SOPHIA

Roe Len
Apr 21, 2009

rosemaryl25 wrote:
ALSO ARE YOU SAYING THAT YOU MUST PAY REDWEEK A FEE ? BECAUSE IT ONLY COSTS ABOUT $125.00 TO GO TO THE COUNTY RECORDERS OFFICE IN OUR STATE AND SHOULDN'T COST MORE THAN THAT TO COMPLETE YOUR TRANSACTION ONCE YOU HAVE A BUYER. SO ARE YOU SAYING THAT WE HAVE TO PAY A FEE OF $50 BUCKS AND THEN WILL HAVE TO PAY MORE IF A BUYER IS INTERESTED ? LET ME KNOW. NEW TO THIS ASPECT OF TIMESHARES. I THOUGHT THAT A BUYER COULD JUST CALL YOU WITH AN AD. THANKS SOPHIA
The $50 is RedWeek's fee to list the ad for one year. The buyer normally pays all closing costs which includes the recording, a possible title search, any resort transfer fees, etc. Other sites have different fees for listing. I believe bidshares is free. This is a far cry from the hundreds of dollars companies charge to list your TS on ONE website. If your TS has any value (high demand resort) then it will probably sell if you price it right. Unfortunately many TS are tough to give away.

Mike N.
Apr 21, 2009

rosemaryl25 wrote:
HAVE ALL OF YOU RAN A FOR SALE OF YOUR TIMESHARE ON REDWEEK ? AND HAS IT WORKED FOR YOU ? ALSO ARE YOU SAYING THAT YOU MUST PAY REDWEEK A FEE ? BECAUSE IT ONLY COSTS ABOUT $125.00 TO GO TO THE COUNTY RECORDERS OFFICE IN OUR STATE AND SHOULDN'T COST MORE THAN THAT TO COMPLETE YOUR TRANSACTION ONCE YOU HAVE A BUYER. SO ARE YOU SAYING THAT WE HAVE TO PAY A FEE OF $50 BUCKS AND THEN WILL HAVE TO PAY MORE IF A BUYER IS INTERESTED ? LET ME KNOW. NEW TO THIS ASPECT OF TIMESHARES. I THOUGHT THAT A BUYER COULD JUST CALL YOU WITH AN AD. THANKS SOPHIA

It's up to the seller and buyer as to how to handle a transaction, but I always used a reputable timeshare closing company to handle all the paperwork, escrow and anything else pertaining to the closing, and yes, I sold several timeshares via Redweek, however that was before postcard companies hit the market with $1 timeshares on Ebay and before the economic collapse. I probably couldn't give my previously owned timeshares away now. I was at the right place at the right time.

Postcard companies have completely devaluated timesharing as it was previously known and the economic downturn as well.

R P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.