Sep 16, 2009

lauriew89 wrote:
Today I had a gentleman named Henry James call me from Royal Resorts in Las Vegas. He stated that they had a company that wanted to buy 25 weeks at the timeshare in Florida that I own at. He stated that they would offer me 41,400 dollars for my contract. All I had to do was send them 2000 to hold in escrow for title searches, etc and I would get that back with the purchase check.

Even it this was legit, which it isn't, title searches, etc cost not where near $2000. Probably in the range f $300-$400. If he calls back, tell him to send you a purchase and sales agreement with a 20% down payment. Oh and that you are planning to use an escrow company of YOUR choice. See how quick they hang up.

Mike N.
Sep 16, 2009

lauriew89 wrote:
Today I had a gentleman named Henry James call me from Royal Resorts in Las Vegas. He stated that they had a company that wanted to buy 25 weeks at the timeshare in Florida that I own at. He stated that they would offer me 41,400 dollars for my contract. All I had to do was send them 2000 to hold in escrow for title searches, etc and I would get that back with the purchase check. ...

See how fast these scammers hang up on you when you tell them you'll pay their fees after they sell.

The above is how they operate .... they tell you they have a buyer then when you've handed over your credit card number all of a sudden the buyer can't get financing or the buyer backed out or some other lie is told ... they are out and out crooks, thieves, scammers, criminals, parasites, scum of the earth, bottom feeders etc .... glad you paid attention to what your gut instinct was telling you.

R P.
Sep 17, 2009

Resort Condos Plus lied to Me and I stupidly sent them $1350.00. I talked to the person who had initially called me and was told more lies (Chris Young). finally I could get no one to speak to Me regarding this scam. I filed a complaint with the Texas Attorney General and the Florida Attorney General and with My credit card company, I also kept calling RCP and leaving messages at customer service and with Mr. Young. LO and behold one day when I called Custromer Service I actually got someone. He was the most profane person I have ever talked to. He actually screamed profanities and called Me every name in the book but I calmly told Him I want'ed My money back an that I had filed two complaints. This did not seem to faze Him whatsoever as HE continued to drop the F-bomb on Me continously. I finally hung up on this JERK. Two weeks later I received a $1350.00 credit on My credit card. This in no way means RCP is not a scamming bunch of bottom feeding scum it just means if You have been scammed You must file the appropropriate complaints and continue to harrass them and let them know what action You have taken. I don't know which action I took that caused them to refund My money but something I did was successful.

Henry S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.