The Royal Sands

Royal Sands 12% Increase in Club Service Fees for 2009

Mar 08, 2009

My annual dues on my RS unit went from $807 in 2008 to $929 in 2009; a 12% increase in one year!

There is no explanation for the increase.

Does anyone know where we may voice our concerns?

In addition there is a note stating that payments via credit card will be from Mexico instead of the U.S., every credit card I have charges an additional 2-3% for this.

I don't think this is a good deal for members.

David L.
Mar 10, 2009

On our Royal Sands statement, the main increase was a $100.00 fee which was stated as a Mexico Tax Fee. This was the majority of the fee increase.

I think we should have been notified that this was a new fee that we were going to be charged for. I own 2 weeks at the Sands, so I had to pay $200.00 more total due to the Mexico Tax Fee.

Linda J.
Apr 05, 2009

I wrote to the RR director Richard Corso...I would like to forward the email since it is quite lenghty snd do not think it will fit in this reply box. Please provide your email address.

Have a nice day! A RS member. Eileen

Eileen K.
Apr 05, 2009

I wrote to the RR director Richard Corso...I would like to forward the email since it is quite lenghty snd do not think it will fit in this reply box. Please provide your email address.

Eileen K.
May 27, 2009

Eileen, can you please forward the responce to me. I would be interested as to what he has to say.

Joe

Joseph G.
May 27, 2009

Joe, I need your email address as the body of the letter will not fit here.

Email me at: EKizis22@netscape.net....they need to hear all RR members voices...this is way out of line...next year will probably go up higher due to the lock of visitors in 2009.

Eileen K.
Jun 04, 2009

Thanks for your heads up on the 12% fee increase !!!!! I agree that this is a rip off and we must voice our concerns !!!! Please e-mail a coy of the letter . Thanks, Earl

Earl M.

Last edited by earlm7 on Sep 01, 2009 01:03 PM

Jun 05, 2009

Royal Resorts Main Fee Increase letter is emailed to you. Eileen

Eileen K.
Jul 05, 2009

eileenk16 wrote:

If you still have the message, I would be interested in reading their justification. I own two weeks at the RS and one each at the RI and RH. Thanks, Mike

Michael L.
Jul 05, 2009

I'd like to suggest you post the reply from the RS here.

Thank you.

Dave L.
Sep 01, 2009

We own at The Sands too and would like to know if you found an explanation for this increase. Thanks....

Traveler O.
Sep 11, 2009

I also wrote to the Royal Resorts and got the same letter. I am very upset at the extremely high increase. They should not have used a foreign bank when the main office is in Florida. Now we now pay an additional 3% processing fee to use a credit card. I hope many more people will send in a complaint to the Resort. Carol

Carol W.
Sep 19, 2009

can you please send me the link. I just got our new fee increase as well. If you send a check to them will they still charge that higher processing fee. B

Beth D.
Apr 16, 2012

An increase of fees and a decrease in service. Management you'r loosing your grip on the reality of todays economy! Dave B.

David B.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.