Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Anyone heard of Super Timeshare Resales?

May 25, 2009

Last Sept. my husband and I got a call from a gentleman appearing to be representing Wyhdham and wanting to know if we'd like to rent out some of our Whyndham weeks and they would be happy to help us. Again...they acted as though they were part of Wyndham. They told us the $$$ amount that they could rent our weeks for and it sounded pretty good. We were overwhelmed with maintenance fees and thought this would be a good idea to offset the cost. They told us that there was no upfront money and all they asked if we would let them have some of our points to take care of the rentals. They also told us they could probably sell it for us at triple the amount we paid for it. They said that we would not be dissappointed and they were confident that something would happen within a month. Well, before we realized what had happened they took 400,000 of our Wyndham points from us from a company not affiliated with Wyndham called Super Timeshare Resales. The gentleman we talked to was a quick talking salesman that definitely took advantage of us. After we signed the contract we never heard from them unless we made an attempt to contact them. We've called them several times to try and get our points back and they said that it was a legal agreement and there was nothing they could do. This happened last September and my husband and I both feel that we were mislead and treated unfairly. Has this happend to anybody else?

Lynda J.
May 25, 2009

What they did was swindle 400,000 Wyndham points from you. The red light should have gone off when they told you they could sell your points for triple what you paid for them.

If you signed a legal contract and handed over your points to them, I don't know that there's anything you can do to get them back. You could try getting in touch with the attorney general in the state where the swindlers are located and file a complaint.

What exactly was written in the legal contract? Did they give a money back guarantee that they could rent your points? If so, you might talk to an attorney.

Just another of several scams related to the timeshare industry ..... seems new ones pop up everyday.

R P.
May 26, 2009

Sounds like you've been frauded......contact the resort and see who signed whatever paperwork was required. If you didn't sign and someone signed for you then somebody's in trouble----like the resort for allowing the sale of your points...........

Kari K.
Jun 30, 2009

Super Timeshare Resale’s

Dear Lynda,

Super Timeshare Resale’s is an advertising company specializing in timeshare resales. We hope to resolve any issues you may have with our company as soon as possible and assist you in achieving a successful sale of your timeshare property.

As far as this report is concerned, Super Timeshare Resale’s has done everything possible to assist you in achieving a positive result. Our detailed records show contact either initiated by you or by or our customer service department, 2 months ago.

As stated above, Super Timeshare Resale’s provides extensive advertising to assist you in finding a buyer for your property. We utilize mass emails, target renters to buy, calls to current owners, Print and Internet. Despite this extensive exposure we cannot assist you unless you are a pro-active seller. Staying in contact with us and returning our calls is an essential part of achieving a successful sale. We wish Lynda well in the sale of her timeshare and would like to speak with her directly regarding this matter. Lynda, if you are reading this please contact me as soon as possible our company prides itself in having satisfied customers and we wish you the same.

Sincerely,

Emily Stewart Customer Care Manager 1-888-341-4447

Emily S.
Jul 01, 2009

lyndaj11 wrote:
They also told us they could probably sell it for us at triple the amount we paid for it.

Again, this should have raised a red flag with you. If you bought Wyndham points from the developer, there is no way that any resale company could get triple what you initially paid, period.

The post from the company representative is a shill. The only thing the company had to do was return your Wyndham points to you. They did not do that and all the BS she spouts is nothing but BS. Give the people back their points ..... simple as that.

Quote:
Well, before we realized what had happened they took 400,000 of our Wyndham points from us from a company not affiliated with Wyndham called Super Timeshare Resales. The gentleman we talked to was a quick talking salesman that definitely took advantage of us.

If they pretended they were with Wyndham and they actually weren't, this is fraud.

Quote:
After we signed the contract we never heard from them unless we made an attempt to contact them. We've called them several times to try and get our points back and they said that it was a legal agreement and there was nothing they could do.

This is pure BS and the shill representing this company should be ashamed of herself for coming to this site trying to act like her company is 100% legitimate. You swindled Wyndham 400,000 points from lynda and her husband. It's scam companies like yours that make my blood boil and the reason I come here to post everyday.

R P.
Jul 01, 2009

Super Timeshare Resales, Inc

Your attention and interest for other consumers is appreciated and respected. However, not every company is the same to assume so shows that you’re a pessimistic individual. There’s countless numbers of happy timeshare owners, there’s others that are happy because they sold theirs. Your outlook towards the timeshare industry is biased. Our company may call a consumer “concerning” their timeshare clear misunderstanding because our company does not engage in any misleading representations. Again thank you for contribution our message was intended for Lynda who is a current customer with our company.

Once again

Lynda,

Super Timeshare Resale’s is an advertising company specializing in timeshare resales. We hope to resolve any issues you may have with our company as soon as possible and assist you in achieving a successful sale of your timeshare property.

As far as this report is concerned, Super Timeshare Resale’s has done everything possible to assist you in achieving a positive result. Our detailed records show contact either initiated by you or by or our customer service department, 2 months ago.

As stated above, Super Timeshare Resale’s provides extensive advertising to assist you in finding a buyer for your property. We utilize mass emails, target renters to buy, calls to current owners, Print and Internet. Despite this extensive exposure we cannot assist you unless you are a pro-active seller. Staying in contact with us and returning our calls is an essential part of achieving a successful sale. We wish Lynda well in the sale of her timeshare and would like to speak with her directly regarding this matter. Lynda, if you are reading this please contact me as soon as possible our company prides itself in having satisfied customers and we wish you the same.

Sincerely,

Emily S.
Jul 02, 2009

emilys85 wrote:
Super Timeshare Resales, Inc

Your attention and interest for other consumers is appreciated and respected. However, not every company is the same to assume so shows that you’re a pessimistic individual.

I'm not pessimistic at all except for scam companies like yours. I once owned 9 timeshare weeks and I sold them all myself on internet listing sites such as Redweek. I wouldn't have dreamed of doing business with scam resale companies like yours.

Quote:
There’s countless numbers of happy timeshare owners, there’s others that are happy because they sold theirs. Your outlook towards the timeshare industry is biased.

I'm quite educated on the subject of timeshares .... I'm not a vunerable, gullible individual like you snare in your web of deceit and lies.

Quote:
Our company may call a consumer “concerning” their timeshare clear misunderstanding because our company does not engage in any misleading representations.

Did you give lynda back her 400,000 Wyndham points? If not you're in the same boat as all other timeshare scammers.

Quote:
Again thank you for contribution our message was intended for Lynda who is a current customer with our company.

This is a public message board ..... if you wanted to send your message directly to lynda then you should have emailed or called her as I'm sure you have her email address or phone number since you say she is a customer. Once again, did you give lynda back her 400,000 points that you swindled from her?

What you have tried to do in your post is damage control concerning your scam operation company, but that doesn't work with timeshare educated people and that's why us regulars post here ...... to educate Redweek's members on timesharing and all the scams involved.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Jul 02, 2009 08:10 AM

Jul 02, 2009

BTW, does Super Timeshare Resales happen to charge customers a large upfront fee for listing a rental or a sale on their site?

You say on your website that you are the largest timeshare resale/rental company in the world. That's funny because I've never even heard of your company in the 9 years that I have dealt with the subject of timesharing and reading timeshare forums on the internet.

R P.
Aug 20, 2009

I have heard of this company and, I was scammed out of 462,000 points around the same time last year. I have tried to call them several times. The gentlemen I spoke with was James from a telephone number 813-935-5822. Then another gentlemen Ron spoke with me to have me transfer my points over he called me from another number 813-932-4242 a three way call to the Wyndham company. James promised to give me monthly updates on the status of my timeshare. Haven't heard anything it has been almost a year. James didn't pressure me he gave me a couple of days so I could speak with my husband and check out his company. All seemed OK.

Yeah, I have been taken. Yeah, I tried to call and email this company several times. I did speak with someone a month ago who assured me they were working on my contract and he was going to have management call me as James hasn't been able to sell my timeshare. The agreement was if they were not able to sell my timeshare in a year then they will need to pay out of pocket exspenses to keep this on the market. The rep I spoke with indicated management gets involved if James couldn't sell within the year. As they will acrue expenses to advertise my timeshare. Well got to tell you, they say what you want to hear. But certainly don't want to deliver on their promise!

I am going to file a complaint with the BBC (Better Business Bureau). Not much else I could do.... I am out of those points. My husband and I would have lost them anyway as I didn't plan on using them last year. I am glad they didn't swindle me out of any money.

I am writing this one up for as a learning expereince. I don't receive anymore unsolicited calls from this company. However, I don't even give the other companies a chance. What if this company is using another name? We should get the word out there as many people may feel as though they are ligit. A contract with a letter head.

If you file a complaint with the BBC then others will know this company isn't a good company to work with. I always try to check everyone out on the BBC to see if any complaints were filed.

A Wyndham representative also stated this company wasn't an contracted resales company for Wyndham. How do you know? Who can you trust? Sad people feed off of those who may be seeking restitution. Good luck!

Elaine S.
Aug 20, 2009

The above constitute some unfortunate experiences and I certainly feel badly for those who were swindled. Experiences like these may very well have have had something to do with the following development:

Effective March 19, 2009 Wyndham has adopted a new policy, effectively PROHIBITING the transfer of Wyndham Points.

Since that date, ANY entity (whether known or unknown) cold calling "out the blue", seeking to acquire Wyndham points from a Wyndham owner is now, by definition, engaging in a fraudulent practice, since the transfer of Wyndham points is now flat out prohibited --- period. This won't help those folks already swindled, but it will seemingly make it impossible for it to happen again in the future to others.

It seems Wyndham points owners will now have to either use their points themselves, "pool" them in the Wyndham system BEFORE the "use year" even begins, or use their points to reserve week(s) to rent out their reserved week(s) to someone else --- directly, with no "middleman" involvement, acquiring a mandatory, hard copy "guest certificate" directly from Wyndham, identifying the guest in writing, in advance and thereby verifying the validity of any non-owner who shows up to use any owner--made reservation(s). The "transfer" of Wyndham points is simply no longer an option or a possibility.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Aug 20, 2009 05:19 AM

Aug 20, 2009

Never mind .... deleted by jajay after reading ken's post ..... very informative.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Aug 20, 2009 07:39 AM

Aug 24, 2009

You have my number Emily and in reference to the statement you made about documented contact with your company two months ago...it was when I called you. We want our 400,000 points back.

Lynda J.
Aug 24, 2009

I am sorry that you were a victum of this scam as well. It's been quite a learning experience for my husband and I and shame on anyone who has to live their life taking advantage of good people like us. You are so right!!! It's sad when you don't know who to trust anymore. I truly believe the saying....You reap what you sow! I certainly hope that Super Timeshare Resales knows what harm they are doing to people.

Lynda J.
Aug 24, 2009

lyndaj11 wrote:
We want our 400,000 points back.

Unfortunately, in view of Wyndham's policy change which I have described above (which became effective over five months ago now), I'm not sure how or if these thieving bandits could now transfer points back to you even if they WANTED to do so. Without some direct intervention from Wyndham itself, making a noteworthy exception to their own new system-wide policy (something which is highly unlikely to occur, in my opinion), I'd be inclined to believe that this unfortunate matter is simply now just "water under the bridge" --- unless you chose to undertake some form of a private legal action (i.e., a civil lawsuit) directly against this deceitful entity. Unfortunately, doing so would likely cost you more than the value of the lost 400k Wyndham points...

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Aug 24, 2009 08:22 AM

Sep 24, 2009

I also was swindled out of my timeshare points with Wyndham by Supertime Share. They swindled me out of 460,000 points. This happened October 13, 2008. My story sounds exactly like yours. Only I talked to a guy named Victor Valdez at 813-935-5885. I called and called, but never heard from him after they got my points. Papers were signed by the owner, Sean Swafford. I'm not letting them get away with it. I'm contacting the attorney general and see if there is anything legally I can do about it. I'm also reporting it to the BBC. Deborah

Deborah D.
Oct 05, 2009

I too have been Swindled out of money to sell our timeshare in February of 2009. Everytime I attempted to call I got a voicemail no matter the time of day. I would e-mail Emily the customer service rep & would get told that- "they were still looking for prospective clients" & then would get no follow up. I never once received a ohonecall from them unless I called first. I feel like I got royally sc#$$$@# out of our money. I don't feel as if they held up to anything they promised. I no longer want them to sell my timeshare as I believe that is impossible, I just want my money back.

Kimberly G.
Oct 12, 2009

deborahd160 wrote:
I'm also reporting it to the BBC.

The BBC is the British Broadcasting Corporation. While the BBC certainly produce some excellent television programs, I assume that you actually mean the BBB (Better Business Bureau).

Unfortunately, BBB has absolutely NO legal authority at all. BBB sells memberships (to anyone willing to pay for one) and they "accept" complaints from unhappy consumers. That's literally ALL that the BBB can do as a private, commercial, non-governmental entity. You can certainly "file a complaint" with the BBB, but doing so will accomplish nothing more than providing you with a place to "vent".

BBB is a toothless paper tiger; a commercial membership organization with NO ability OR authority to actually DO anything meaningful for you (or for anyone else). Better to focus your complaint efforts on state enforcement entities with the ability and authority to acttually DO something (...IF there was actually a statutory violation of law involved, that is).

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Oct 12, 2009 07:41 AM

Oct 15, 2009

Hi Deborah,

Please let me know if you find out anything about this. My husband and I both have learned a valuable lesson and unfortunately we have been taken advantage of BIG TIME. I also remember talking to someone named Sean also. I defintely feel for you and PLEASE keep me posted on anything you find out. Thanks for your input. Lynda

Lynda J.
Jan 05, 2010

emilys85 wrote:
Super Timeshare Resale’s

Dear Lynda,

Sincerely,

emily stewart please contact me as i spoke with you about a year ago in regards to my timeshare listing you are the only person i know that may rember me and be able to help with my situation please send me a email i am hoping you see this and will shoot me an email so i can discuss my situation. thanx zach_oelke@hotmail.com

Zach O.
Jan 06, 2010

I would urge anyone who is considering using this advertising agency (as they call themselves) to check all postings on consumers actual experience. I have tried to call and email this company several times. They have yet to call me back and have blocked me from their email. This isn't a company who is willing to work with anyone if they are not willing to contact you. Yes, I filed a complaint with the BBB and also tried to provide feedback on thier web site so others who are considering using them are not swindled. We are in an economic crisis and for this company to prey upon those struggling is not a company anyone should consider doing business with. I don't have the means to hire a lawyer to get my points back. However, I do have the freedom of speech to share my experience with others to prevent them from being taken advantage of from this company.

I would be a willing participant to help anyone who does have the means to take legal action against this Super Time Share resales. They should be forced to follow a business practice that doesn't take advantage of the less fortunate.

Good luck to those who were taken!

Thank you Ken for alerting us of Wyndham's new policy. I quote this to get rid of the unsolicited phone calls from others, who claim they can sell my timeshare for a price or points. They are quick to end the call.

This information wasn't readily available to me from my correspondence with Wyndham. News letters or policies received. So, thank you for this information.

Elaine S.

Last edited by elaines150 on Jan 06, 2010 06:55 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.