Club Land'Or Resort

Can't even give them one star

Feb 02, 2016

Club land or according to Internet reports is bankrupt and for sale. The employees have not been paid for 22 weeks and the union is filing a lawsuit against the Virginia corporate. That is the latest on the Internet. I own as well and I am refusing to pay any more fees

Elizabeth G.
Feb 02, 2016

If this is true, it's not the first time. Look back at posts from a few years ago.

Mary A.
Feb 02, 2016

elizabethg346 wrote:
Club land or according to Internet reports is bankrupt and for sale. The employees have not been paid for 22 weeks and the union is filing a lawsuit against the Virginia corporate. That is the latest on the Internet. I own as well and I am refusing to pay any more fees

Very interesting! Could you provide that link? I can't find it. Christine

Christine O.
Feb 02, 2016

Yes Google club Landor employees not paid and a few listings come up

Elizabeth G.
Feb 03, 2016

The bankruptcy filing is old news and they were freed from it in 2014. I believe they did settle some large loan debts. The more recent news about the resort employees and their pay is really a shame as they work hard and are such wonderful people. The resort has been listed by a Nassau realty company for years but not does not appear that its actively 'worked' by agents. There is still an aggressive on site sales staff not run by Land'Or and I can't recall the name of the company off the top of my head but they must be contracted. The units they have turned into 2/3 bedrooms are truly beautiful and state of the art so I guess thats whats selling. Its very difficult to get away from the sales pressure and as long time owners with zero desire to buy more weeks we and others have been very vocal to be left alone or it was going to get very ugly. They grab you on the driveway coming or going and sit in the lobby by the doors ready to leap with offers of meals,etc. Their constant pursuit can ruin a vacation and its hard to dodge them but we and friends have come up with clever evasive tactics...lol. I ended up unplugging the phone to keep them from annoying us even after I strongly told them to stop calling. I just wish they would more aggressively renovate more of the one bedroom units. Not going every year like we used to so perhaps we will be pleasantly surprised next time.

Terri B.
Feb 04, 2016

I am at Landor now and really nothing has changed. I understand staff hours have been cut and now only two cleaning staff currently here. There are no men renovating rooms and gutted rooms are vacant. So I would assume renovations have been haulted. There are all of maybe 25 people here and they are going home in two days. Met some people here on a Groupon deal.

Elizabeth G.
Feb 04, 2016

elizabethg, Thanks so much for the real time update. Very disappointed to hear that no work is going on. There were a lot of gutted rooms when we were there two years ago in the wing we stay in....side with the pool bar...but they were working almost every day.ever checked out the other wing. Was the sales staff as 'active' as usual? I just wish they would either 'fish or cut bait' and get on with whatever they are going to do...sell/bankrupt/renovate....just do something to end all the drama, rumors,etc.

Terri B.
Feb 05, 2016

To be fair some rooms on bottom floor have been so called renovated. But have not seen a worker since we have been here. The only good thing I have to say about the place is the staff. The sales people are as aggressive as ever and still promising the moon.

Elizabeth G.
Feb 05, 2016

elizabethg, I guess when the sales staff shows the new 2-3 bedroom units they tell people the others are being renovated. They not only show new prospective buyers the new units who may not even be staying there (since they pull them off the street) but long time owners too so it always boggles my mind at the lies they tell about the progress when we who go often KNOW BETTER. After the fiasco of the promise of the new high rise replacement they finally started renovating and we had high hopes but those hopes have been dashed. Having larger units is wonderful for families but for two people its like we are being punished for needing/wanting a nice updated one bedroom unit. The units we traditionally stay in have been fixed up some but not what I would call renovated compared to the gorgeous new 2-3 bedroom units and in order to stay in one of those we would have to use Flex Plus....not acceptable when the larger units are empty . As we visit with friends in their units we see something different fixed up in each one but no consistency and its mostly cosmetic. One good thing they have done has been the new A/C units in some of the non marina view units. They are like mini central air rather than the old traditional window units and are really nice and actually cool all the rooms and are user friendly and totally QUIET. Love the new french doors too. The kitchen and bathroom tile floors are still really gross. Surely even cheap sheet vinyl flooring could be put in over it. It just looks bad especially in those kitchens that have been spiffed up.

Terri B.
Feb 06, 2016

We are in a one bed unit on the second floor facing marina. It is disgusting. The floor under the dining table is heaving upwards and the tiles are cracktd. The bathroom shower is all patched with caulking and is peeling off. The shower head barely works and is ready to fall off any day. Stained counters in bathroom. Cracked dirty tiles in kitchen . Shall I go on? How they have the nerve to sell new timeshares when the staff has not been paid in over 30 weeks is beyond me. Oh and there is a rumour of a New Investor but they won't say who.

Elizabeth G.
Feb 07, 2016

Please take pictures and date them. You or someone else may be able to use them if you are willing to testify if needed. Also Consider sending them to the Virginia State Attorney General, The Federal trade Commission, the USPS inspector in Richmond Virginia, the BBB, post on travel adviser, and any other agency you can think of. Sign and date the back of the pictures you send. Without actions, the same story keeps playing. Suspect, think, know and PROOF are 4 different ways but proof or evidence it the real part that can make a big difference. What if CLO takes only "good pictures" and tries to use them a proof? Without counter evidence/proof against, the same story will keep playing. I am one of the lucky ones who can still speak out and no longer have to deal these companies. There is new info out in the news and in looking up/ searching court records. There is lots of information if one willing to check- but it is time consuming. And in 2014 it looks like the bankruptcy claim in Virginia Federal Court was withdrawn by Land'or International who as I recall noted they owed CLO 4-5 Million Dollars. Its always best to check and confirm this kind of information or what others post yourself so as not be be lead down a blind alley. That is if you want to stop what you are feeling is happening to you and others. Good luck, each of you can make a difference. The easier and likely effective way is to hire the attorney who has been reported as being successful in dealing with them.

elizabethg346 wrote:
We are in a one bed unit on the second floor facing marina. It is disgusting. The floor under the dining table is heaving upwards and the tiles are cracktd. The bathroom shower is all patched with caulking and is peeling off. The shower head barely works and is ready to fall off any day. Stained counters in bathroom. Cracked dirty tiles in kitchen . Shall I go on? How they have the nerve to sell new timeshares when the staff has not been paid in over 30 weeks is beyond me. Oh and there is a rumour of a New Investor but they won't say who.

K T.
Feb 08, 2016

Elizabethg....OMG......Those units are the ones that are supposed to be the BEST ones!

Terri B.
Feb 08, 2016

kt72 wrote:
Please take pictures and date them. You or someone else may be able to use them if you are willing to testify if needed. Also Consider sending them to the Virginia State Attorney General, The Federal trade Commission, the USPS inspector in Richmond Virginia, the BBB, post on travel adviser, and any other agency you can think of. Sign and date the back of the pictures you send. Without actions, the same story keeps playing. Suspect, think, know and PROOF are 4 different ways but proof or evidence it the real part that can make a big difference. What if CLO takes only "good pictures" and tries to use them a proof? Without counter evidence/proof against, the same story will keep playing. I am one of the lucky ones who can still speak out and no longer have to deal these companies. There is new info out in the news and in looking up/ searching court records. There is lots of information if one willing to check- but it is time consuming. And in 2014 it looks like the bankruptcy claim in Virginia Federal Court was withdrawn by Land'or International who as I recall noted they owed CLO 4-5 Million Dollars. Its always best to check and confirm this kind of information or what others post yourself so as not be be lead down a blind alley. That is if you want to stop what you are feeling is happening to you and others. Good luck, each of you can make a difference. The easier and likely effective way is to hire the attorney who has been reported as being successful in dealing with them.

elizabethg346 wrote:

elizabethg346 If you are interested in getting out of your contract with Club Land'or, and need some information about who to contact to help direct you, please let me know. I am happy to help. Christine Olsen christinelolsen@hotmail.com

Christine O.
Feb 08, 2016

Absolutely, club Land'or is suing me for special assessment fees and maintenance I am fed-up of paying them and trick me and told me there will never happened since it is a Bahamas company. I believe they need a class action.

Publiana P.
Feb 10, 2016

terrib179 wrote:
Elizabethg....OMG......Those units are the ones that are supposed to be the BEST ones!

Not understanding the reference on this. Please clarify what units are supposed to be the best ones. Thanks.

K T.
Feb 10, 2016

publianap wrote:
Absolutely, club Land'or is suing me for special assessment fees and maintenance I am fed-up of paying them and trick me and told me there will never happened since it is a Bahamas company. I believe they need a class action.

There is a lot of help and information that has been collected. If you want some more on this contact Christine as noted above. Be sure to have some kind of representation for the date of your hearing. If you are not there or do not have an attorney, the courts will automatically rule in favor of Club Land'or. Lay person input. You can also call the clerks of the court from the notice you received. Ask questions and they will help as much as they can on the process and can, if you ask, refer you to cases that have been successful which contains a lot of good information if needed. Read prior pages as well. Take some kind of action or things will likely get a lot worse for you. Again this is lay person input as I am not an attorney. Good luck, you can do this.

K T.
Feb 10, 2016

http://tribune242.com/news/2015/dec/23/credit-union-cuts-club-landor/

Christine O.
Feb 11, 2016

When Land'Or first started selling you chose the unit that 'belonged' to you and marina view units were the most expensive. I assumed they were larger but they aren't. For decades even though we are Charter Members we could not swap our unit for one of them upon arrival and I would always ask...lol. They were considered 'upscale' due to the location/view and 'real' A/C and more nicely decorated and were always full. As occupancy went down we were occasionally offered a marina view. Examples - broken appliance, couple decided to stay in our unit a few extra days and most recently we checked into our unit but my knees were bad and found I could not handle the stairs and they kindly offered to move us downstairs to a marina view . Bottom line traditionally the marina view units are better maintained and the first to get updated or renovated. Now that there are gorgeous 2-3 bedroom units I have to assume those are the most sought after but like I said earlier you have to use an exchange to get one.

kt72 wrote:
terrib179 wrote:

Not understanding the reference on this. Please clarify what units are supposed to be the best ones. Thanks.

Terri B.
Feb 12, 2016

I followed your advise and it worked

Leon J.
Feb 13, 2016

What did u do?

Barbara M.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.