Club Land'Or Resort

Can't even give them one star

Dec 21, 2013

Thanks for the response - Congrats again - Great info and I agree with you - we can usually represent ourselves better than a lawyer because we know how bad the situation is. I was able to have my case transferred from VA Beach to Henrico (I felt it was in my best interest) but they settled before the hearing went to court. Yes, you might have to nag to get your final paperwork. Hope you have recovered from your surgery!

Allie F.
Dec 26, 2013

Cheryl, my wife and I are in the process of suing Land Or and have scheduled a hearing for January 24th. We are in need of a Virginia attorney to represent us in this matter and would certainly appreciate it if you could forward the name of the attorney you used in your suit against Land Or. Thanks in advance for any assistance you can offer. You can contact me at fenmax@verizon.net

thanks

cherylo70 wrote:
Yes we were able to get out of the contract. There is still some paperwork from the court we need. Their attorney has not sent it to our attorney yet. I might just have to go to the courthouse. Anyway, the trial was in Virginia Beach. We asked for it to be moved to Henrico county and the judge denied it. I did not get to testify because I had just had neck surgery , was there with a migraine and was on medication. So our attorney did not want me to testify. I was the one who actually wrote most of the letters. I felt like we did not have proper defense because I should have been able to testify when I wasn't under a doctor's care. We are definitely going to get the media involved in this. When you look at the documentation, people will not believe that this company still exists.

Brenda R.
Dec 26, 2013

To brendar214 The information on the attorney is listed below:

Ariel L Stein/ Attorney at Law 101 W. Main Street Suite 1700 Norfolk, VA. 23510 T: 757.648-8891|F: 757-648-8896 | C : 757-537-9697 astein@konikofflaw.com| www.konikofflaw.com

Cheryl O.
Dec 26, 2013

Warrenb58 Hope is coming An attorney in Norfolk who we used is Ariel Stein 101 W. Main Street, Suite 1700 Norfolk, Va. 23510 T: 757-648-8891 | F: 757-648-8896 | C: 757-537-9697 astein@konikofflaw.com. |. www.konikofflaw.com

Cheryl O.
Dec 27, 2013

Hey Cheryl if you need help setting up the website, I will help you pick and setup a proper domain and web host. However I am not a designer. I am an IT person though. I run a IT company here in NC. I want to see every single one of these fkers in jail or 6ft under.

The attorney I used to get out of my situation with this horrid company was:

Stuart R. Sadler, Esq. 3079 Rockfish Valley Highway PO Box 638 Nellysford, VA 22958

Telephone: (434) 361-0512 Fax: (434) 361-0520

He charged me a straight fee I believe of $500 or $600 and he took care of everything. I signed and emailed a few documents back and that was the end of that nightmare.

Cheryl you can contact me at nine 1 o three six 7 tw0 six eight three for that free help getting the site going if you haven't done it already.

Greg R.
Dec 28, 2013

Hi Greg, I'm finally glad to see a posting from someone who was involved with that original law suit handled by Mr. Sadler. I was the person who set that up with him in the beginning with the idea of filing a class action suit. I was already out of my contract but wanted others to get help. He took on, I think 5 or 6 clients, initially. I tried to call Mr Sandler to see how things turned out for you all but never heard anything more. Very glad to hear that he was able to help. No one else ever came back and posted that I saw, so I figured they made you all sign something that kept you from letting others know. I know some posters were threatened by Land Or if they didn't remove their comments from this site. Wow - those posts and discussions are now all the way back in the first few pages of this site. Hard to believe they are still in business and sucking people in. I've always said I would join any group that wanted to hold a nonviolent protest outside their offices in Virginia Beach.

Mary A.
Dec 29, 2013

Thank you for the information. You are a Godsend. If you don't mind me asking what was the attorney fee?

Brenda R.
Dec 29, 2013

I'm trying to find the lady who is helping with getting us out of contract. Can someone help me. I misplaced info.

terrib179 wrote:
Christine,

I think you know the group I spoke of. I worked hard and did the bulk of the original data gathering and saw little progress except one member going to court. I felt 'lorded over' and ' barked ' at like military boot camp. I have held my tongue all this time but there was one too many alpha females. We were getting along fine at first but I am no sheep and when I pushed back I was considered a pariah and ignored so I got the heck out of there. There was one boss and everyone marched to that drummer without question. Knowing the outcome of some of the court results showed me that the work of many benefited one person much more than others.

Of course I cannot disclose the ones who were very vocal in their dissent about management but continued to pay, go to the resort and accept special treatment. Knowing the people well that they spoke about and about the perks they received my opinion is that their issues were focused and personal. Frankly I cannot even recall their names. If you still have my email addy and want to discuss please contact me.

I have disclosed more info than I probably should have and if some on here can't keep a civil tongue in their heads I will report them to Redweek (I do not mean you).

Karen M.
Dec 30, 2013

Karenm492, go back and you will find the info regarding your question.

Brenda R.
Jan 01, 2014

I wish I had seen this years ago. We sat through one of those 90 minute deals got our free gifts and decided to purchase the timeshare. The selling point for us was " we could get out of it anytime" even signed a paper stating so. Magically that paper was no where to be found when we tried to get out of it. After speaking with attorneys it appeared we had to pay. So after several years of garnishments they are finally paid it off. Now these a$$holes are coming after me for maintenance fees. Can they do this? How can this be legal?

Jason C.
Jan 02, 2014

All fellow lessors of Club Land Or who are dissatisfied let your fingers do the talking. Go to trip advisor create an account and review the hotel. Be honest, LOL It was interesting to read the fake reviews such as FUN FUN FUN. Laughable, I used to believe that if I spoke out I would not have any resale value and/or that I wouldn't be able to rent it. Those days are gone! I would have liked to donate it to my sons Catholic schools silent auction, but would certainly be EMBARRASSED by the conditions of the rooms. Esp. Marina view. Lets speak out where it's needed, so others aren't in danger of wasting their hard earned savings.

Brenda R.
Jan 05, 2014

to cheryl070, what documentation did your attorney request before taking your case? We have all previous invoices for special assessments and maintenance fees increases. This company is bleeding us dry with the money we have paid in just 5 years. Thank you for any info you can provide before contacting the attorney. Email address is creichtil9@gmail.com. Be blessed.

Cheryl T.
Jan 06, 2014

I strongly object to you saying that those who give positive reviews are faking it when they say they have fun at the resort. Regardless of issues with fees, age of resort or whatever we have been going there for 30+ years and have never seen anyone not having a good time. I have 'heard it all' sitting around the pool but even the loudest complainers continue to go and have a good time even while they fuss and they sure don't turn down 'freebies' now do they? Now that's something legit to complaining about. We all pay for what some get for free and its always been that way.

How could anyone not have a good time. Its a great location, tropical weather, friendly staff and beautiful water water everywhere. Its all about relaxing and enjoying the weather and the Bahamas. I live middle class so never expected the One and Only Ocean Club.

Maybe we long time owners are more tolerant as we have aged right along with the resort . Perhaps our expectations were/are not as high as the younger generation. Don't get me wrong - serious renovations were needed and a long time coming and we were as upset as others about the foot dragging. We are pleased now with what they are doing and have seen it first hand. Now if I could only get some renovations for my aging facade.

Terri B.
Jan 06, 2014

To: brendar214 We supplied our attorney every piece of information. Contract, e- mails, faxes, any mail documentation, invoices, canceled checks and debits.

Cheryl O.
Jan 06, 2014

To Cherylt175 Sorry to the previous owner brendar214. Please read what I have written to that owner . Also, I do not believe terrib 179 is a true owner. You get Land ' or personnel on here acting as owners. Don't believe a word they say. Anyone in their right mind would not pay those fees for a dump like that. Especially when you own or have visited a more dignified resort with greater amenities that are worth your hard earned dollars.

Cheryl O.
Jan 07, 2014

Not an owner? How dare you. Christine and Karen and Allie are three on this forum that know me (for better or for worse). I bought my timeshare at a breakfast event at a Holiday Inn in Springfield, Va in 1982. There was a mock up on a table. It was only a couple of years old. Timeshares were hot back then and there was no interest on the loan and the price was right. We were happy there so never traded for 31 years and therefore never stayed at any other timeshare property. It was our only vacation once a year. We were part of a large Thanksgiving crowd who met there every year and became good friends and we still see some of them.

Had my own issues over the years but worked with them to resolve to my satisfaction.

Wow...you should be ashamed of yourself to accuse me of working for them. As I have posted on this forum before we were in collections and headed for court but decided to work with them on a resolution.

I only hope everyone gets what they want/need with whatever road you all take.

Terri B.
Jan 07, 2014

To all, Please do not respond to terrib179 they are distracting us from the real issues here, as well as reposting nonsence to confuse.

Brenda R.
Jan 08, 2014

Brendar...calm down. Who made you the boss of Redweek to dictate to whom people can respond? This forum is so negative and I used to spit venom too until I thought why not reach out and see what happens.. ..nothing ventured nothing gained. Turned out better than I could have anticipated and much better than lawyers/court potentially spending money we don't have.

I have followed the court cases for years and the results are all over the place: dismissals, buy-outs, settlements and garnishment of owners' salaries. Each case is different and I was merely trying to present a view based on my 30+ years of experience. We almost lost our home a few yrs ago and buy- outs or garnishment were not options. We found that negotiating is possible if you take off the boxing gloves. Many have reached settlements in and out of court and I don't see you attacking them or accusing them of being 'plants'. There are many positive outcomes that are not even discussed on Redweek.

The fact that my family and so many others enjoy our vacations at the resort seems to make you very angry and I am sorry you feel the need to be so hateful.

I don't care if anyone responds to my postings or not. I have as much right as anyone to speak my mind and you are not the boss of me. I will never understand why I have been singled out, falsely accused and labeled because we decided to work with Land'or rather than continue to fight what was becoming a losing battle. Christine was one of the first to negotiate to her satisfaction and has been of great help to many including me. Not everyone she helped has ended up in court.

Have a blessed day

Terri B.
Jan 08, 2014

We all received the large special assessment. I want to mention that since there is no exact financial accountability all of us could be charged far greater sums of money. The special assessments have to STOP! My wife and I have several Timeshares and we have NEVER paid any special assessments. Our other Nassau timeshares are the beautiful Paradise Island Beach Club and the lovely Sandy Port Beaches Resort. We also have two Penthouses and one bedroom apt. at the Quarter House in New Orleans. Lastly, Legacy at Daytona beach. We have been owners at Club Land'or since 1987.

Eleanor A.
Jan 08, 2014

For further special assessment ad maintenance information, go to specialassessmentwatch.com This is a good source for all Timeshares. Check out the other timeshares in Nassau!

Eleanor A.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.