Club Land'Or Resort

Can't even give them one star

Mar 30, 2015

Jason,

Read this blog and consider contacting Christine if you are serious. You will need to take time to educate yourself, gather your information and decide on an option that is best for you. Reading this blog has been a first step for many. It is complex Good luck.

K T.
May 01, 2015

Please keep me posted as I would like to start a class action suit. Reply to PalmyFolch@hotmail.com

Maria P Folch

Maria P.
May 01, 2015

Quote:
How are yall getting out of this? They have been garnishing me for YEARS. I just received another judgement and after contacting them again, i was told my contract was until 2030 and would have to continue paying until then. I have never even used this once!! Please help!!!

Really sorry you're having so much trouble. I've read a lot of these posts and understand how people would be upset with ever rising fees and special assessments. I'm just wondering why did you sign a contract and never use it?

Terri T.
May 01, 2015

Can you please see me a copy of the questionnaire to Lmcaut727@msn.com?

Latoya C.
May 03, 2015

If you are thinking about a class action in Virginia, it would need to be a federal class action. Virginia does not have class action suits. If you live in another state, check your state laws to see if it is possible. If your contract has an article xv, please be sure to read it again and than look at your options. Hope you are reading this blog. Everyone, remember what you write here for reasons related to not using your weeks could be used against you and I suggest not responding to those types of questions on this blog. Check the wording of your contract related to not using weeks. Educate yourself. There is hope. This is not legal advise, as I am not an attorney, just some suggestions to consider for your own situation and research.

K T.
May 06, 2015

We have been advised to hire a lawyer. Did anyone answer your question about Mr.Huntley? Via the Internet search of Virginia timeshare lawyers, I contacted Stuart R. Sadler yesterday, who was up to speed on the whole Land'Or debacle. He currently has clients that he is representing. He requires a $700 payment to send a letter on our behalf to Land'Or. Your thoughts?

Cynthia S.
Aug 11, 2015

Mary,

After my wife of 40 years died 4 years ago, I lost all interest in paying for things I would no longer use. Land'or started dunning me about 18 months ago, but after a heated exchange of e-mails, Land'or went dark. However, I just got a notice of default and I guess I will have to deal with them.

Do you have the contact information for an attorney who is conversant with this mess.

John H.
Aug 19, 2015

johnh1927 wrote:
Mary,

After my wife of 40 years died 4 years ago, I lost all interest in paying for things I would no longer use. Land'or started dunning me about 18 months ago, but after a heated exchange of e-mails, Land'or went dark. However, I just got a notice of default and I guess I will have to deal with them.

Do you have the contact information for an attorney who is conversant with this mess.

Please contact me at christinelolsen@hotmail.com

Christine O.
Sep 23, 2015

Well, this forum made for a couple of hours of interesting reading. Kudos to Christine and team for all the research and efforts.

We purchased this albatross in the 1990s and within a couple of months we knew we had really stepped in the poo. One of the promises in our sales pitch was that they would waive the first year's maintenance...but a bill showed up anyway. I contacted them directly, explained the situation, even told them it had been written down on the papers they kept during the sales process, but no dice. They claimed they did not have such a paper in our file and we paid.

Our first visit wasn't that bad...although the reality of the building was nowhere near as nice as the pictures we'd been shown....and we weren't prepared for the extra daily fees.

Even though the salesman told us that it had been years since the maintenance fees had increased, I'm sure you all know that turned out to be a lie. Every year they jumped around $100.....on top of the special assessments that they also said hadn't been charged in years. Liars.

We tried everything....writing, calling, BBB, even consulted a lawyer. We tried to donate it...the places we tried to donate it to wouldn't take it. A reputable timeshare reseller told us he could take our money, but it wouldn't sell. I put it on eBay and - holy crap - someone bought it for a few bucks! We took out a $15,000 home equity loan to pay out the balance of the loan, the outstanding maintenance fees, and the $950 transfer fee. It was a sad and expensive lesson on how disreputable and predatory some people can be.

Getting out from under this situation, even at such a cost, was like having the weight of the world off my shoulders. Had I found a group such as this back then, maybe I would have had the courage to put my credit on the line and go to court.

I wish you all the very best of luck.

Linda L.
Sep 23, 2015

The people who sell timeshares and all the newer versions of this scam are all criminals. It is pure and simple fraud, but I am sad to remind you all that it is a fraud that we have perpetrated on ourselves: by electing the kinds of representatives on both the state and federal level who have created the kind of legal framework in which the blatantly immoral and dishonest industry is allowed to flourish within the law.

If you think what happened to you is OK, and feel that consumer protection laws are just government interference with private business, just keep on electing Republicans (in the US), Tories (in the UK) and their ilk in other countries.

David K.
Sep 24, 2015

Friends who are owners and went last year called two months ago to book for November 2015 and were told the resort is totally booked up for Thanksgiving week. In the old days (I go back to the 1980s) it was packed but I find it hard to believe for this year. Last few Novembers that we were there for two weeks fewer than 20 units were occupied. Yes they have been very busy renovating and the new units are really nice but we were there last Nov and although it would be wonderful its hard to visualize completion of the many units that were torn up and/or being used to store materials. They just don't work that fast. When we go next year I will faint dead away if they have completely finished renovating.

Terri B.

Last edited by terrib179 on Sep 28, 2015 05:54 AM

Sep 25, 2015

I'm sorry about the loss of your wife. I have been watching this site since I first posted on page one. Just my opinion, quit paying ! They will take you to court and probably put you in mediation with a Land 'Or rep. to try and work something out. I imagine you have had a significant loss of income and I would offer them about a quarter of what they ask from you. They will "take it to the board". I made them send me an email saying I was released from my contract and had no further obligation to them. Go back and read my posts from day one. If you go to court, you will see no less than 10 people on the docket with Land 'Or each time. 85% don't show up because they get scared and pay. All 4 of us that showed up got out. YEAH ! At one time, Henrico County Court wasn't going to handle their cases any more because it was such a joke. I would love to join a group of people who would like to picket their Virginia Beach office (if it's still there).

Mary A.
Sep 25, 2015

There was a trial on August 31, 2015 Club Land'or v Moore who counter sued ( also listed as Moore v. Club Land'or. Call the clerk at Henrico County General District Court for details/ conformation or look on Henrico County General District Court to see the outcome. There is a judgement against Club Land'or and Club Land'or's claim against Moore was dismissed with prejudice meaning Club Land'or was not awarded their claim and it cannot be brought up again. I am not an attorney so always check things out for yourself. I also suspect/think Club Land'or does not want their financials placed in the courts public record as the records show their attorney put in a motion to stop the subpoena. I understand Moore decided to proceed without the Judge ruling on this. Thought for anyone to consider - if you are called to court for a hearing and you plan on fighting this, be sure to show up to indicate you do not think you owe this claim so a trial date can be set. Than march your self down to the clerk's office and learn about the system and how to subpoena financial records. Another option is to get in touch with an attorney who has dealt with this company and been successful. There are many references to contacting Christine ( another volunteer lay person) via e-mail to discuss and this has been successful for many. If you are willing to educate your self and are serious enough to spend time on this, you can do something about it other than just complain. Results come from taking an active part in solving your problems with this company. Most do not take the time and the problem marches on for many.

K T.
Sep 25, 2015

You may contact me at christinelolsen@hotmail.com

kt72 wrote:
There was a trial on August 31, 2015 Club Land'or v Moore who counter sued ( also listed as Moore v. Club Land'or. Call the clerk at Henrico County General District Court for details/ conformation or look on Henrico County General District Court to see the outcome. There is a judgement against Club Land'or and Club Land'or's claim against Moore was dismissed with prejudice meaning Club Land'or was not awarded their claim and it cannot be brought up again. I am not an attorney so always check things out for yourself. I also suspect/think Club Land'or does not want their financials placed in the courts public record as the records show their attorney put in a motion to stop the subpoena. I understand Moore decided to proceed without the Judge ruling on this. Thought for anyone to consider - if you are called to court for a hearing and you plan on fighting this, be sure to show up to indicate you do not think you owe this claim so a trial date can be set. Than march your self down to the clerk's office and learn about the system and how to subpoena financial records. Another option is to get in touch with an attorney who has dealt with this company and been successful. There are many references to contacting Christine ( another volunteer lay person) via e-mail to discuss and this has been successful for many. If you are willing to educate your self and are serious enough to spend time on this, you can do something about it other than just complain. Results come from taking an active part in solving your problems with this company. Most do not take the time and the problem marches on for many.

Christine O.
Sep 28, 2015

Very nice, and you are right about the financials. The attorney I first sent people to took the case for 6 or 8 if them. I think they also tried to get financials with the same outcome. I believe they were all released from their contracts. It must have been a real pain though because I don't know if he handled any more cases. Could look back to my earlier postings and call him if anyone wants. Name was Stuart Sadler.

Mary A.
Sep 28, 2015

marya502 wrote:
Very nice, and you are right about the financials. The attorney I first sent people to took the case for 6 or 8 if them. I think they also tried to get financials with the same outcome. I believe they were all released from their contracts. It must have been a real pain though because I don't know if he handled any more cases. Could look back to my earlier postings and call him if anyone wants. Name was Stuart Sadler.

I am referring folks to Stuart Sadler. Christine

Christine O.
Sep 28, 2015

Ok great, didn't know if he was still handling them. He should have TONS of business! Do you know if he ever got the financials?

Mary A.
Oct 01, 2015

Be prepared for a big assessment - with hurricane Joaquin coming through the Bahamas they'll probably try to sock it to you ! Doesn't matter if it hits them or not, they will probably assess you for it. Check reports with weather there after storm. They did it before so I imagine they'll do it again. Last time it never touched them but they sent out a special assessment for storm damage.

Mary A.
Oct 02, 2015

Mary, I remember that and a letter to the members stating that insurance only paid a portion, like, 25%. So what could that mean hummmmmm, maybe insurance did not see the damage as being from the storm or maybe there was not enough insurance. My contract noted they would be insured. So if it was inadequate, could that be a breach of contract? Where is the truth? Someone out there knows the truth. Will anyone who knows what is going on first hand be responsible and speak up to the attorney general , the US Postal Inspector, the FBI, IRS or at trials as a witness? Lay person thoughts

K T.
Oct 06, 2015

I so sick of this company, please go and like the new Facebook page and make posts!

https://www.facebook.com/Club-Landor-Paradise-Island-Bahamas-SUX-1017912081573867/timeline/

Scott J.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.