Timeshare Companies

Royal holiday bad bussines practices!!

Jun 24, 2009

I am sitting right now to document everything that has happened to date with this company that made many promises and none of them are true. Upon our arrival in Cancun April 10, when we got to the hotel, we were invited to attend a short 90 minutes presentation, the person who invited us begged to attend the presentation and finally we agreed. So Sunday 12 at morning we told our children we would go attend this meeting, much to their disappointment as this is not what holiday time means to them. Our 90 min. presentation turned into 5 or so hours. We went from 1 person to the next, that day we had 5 people talk to us about this so-called one day ONLY opportunity of a lifetime. After 3 hours my children were asking to leave, so we were going to go as we had decided at this point it was not affordable for us at the moment ($30,000). Then in comes the manager Brian, who tells us that he has even a better offer. It just so happened that he had a prior client who was upgrading and wanted to sell their membership. So Brian began to share how much better this offer was than the first one. By this point, I wanted to go and get something to eat and I needed to go to the washroom. They were very concerned about us leaving at this point and followed both of us. When we returned, they continue to hound us about this great offer. So my husband asked if we could leave and take the information back to our room to read over and discuss. They said no. It had to be all completed first. They were relentless! We have never felt pressure like it and by this time my wife was saying she had a headache and would like it all to end. They assured us repeatedly that they were a very reputable business for the past 30 years and we could believe and trust them. They assured us that the all documentation is legal, because the government has said they had to. We finally felt like we had no choice. So we agreed. When I asked about getting our deposit back should we change our minds and want to cancel he assured us that Royal Holiday is multi-million dollar company which would not worry about a “measly” $4500 US down payment and should we cancel there would be absolutely no problem having it all returned. When I questioned how long we had to cancel he told us 5 days. I asked starting from when, and he replied 5 days AFTER, the 90 days when our final down payment of $2000 US is applied to our Visa card in July 09. That is when our contract would begin with our first payment to start in Sept. /09. Later that evening my wife and I both discussed how we still felt uncomfortable about our day and we shouldn’t have let them pressure us into signing documents without doing any research about this company. So the next day I went down to find Brian but he was nowhere to be found. I talked to another man and he told me I would be so happy with the club and not to worry so much as I am on holidays and should be enjoying myself. We flew home Friday April17/09 and I checked my email; I found my first e-mail from Nancy of Royal Holiday. So I replied to her and asked how we could cancel as we had decided that we really were not comfortable about everything, she responded to my e-mail on Monday April 20 and informed us that cancelling was not an option at this point as we had 5 working days as stated in our contract. I couldn’t believe it. I decided to go on-line and do some research about this company only to find time and time again that it was notorious for scamming people, giving people false information, and to avoid this company at all costs.

J S.
Jun 25, 2009

Get in touch with Profeco ..... they are the consumer advocate agency in Mexico .... they have been responsible for getting money back from resorts that have lied to buyers in timeshare presentations and after you've signed a contract. Search forums for more on Profeco and how to get in touch with them.

R P.
Sep 01, 2009

There are Royal Holiday Points being offered on RedWeek, and I think that RedWeek should take a stand on this... in the first place, they should not accept ads for a scam, and there are MANY other examples of this being a scam. I was interested in buying some points that seemed to be "cheap" but I wanted to see what could I trade them for... oh, sure: 5 star in Paris... a great place in London... (baloney!) Then I Googled "Royal Holiday Club" and I found too much BAD NEWS about them... I really think RedWeek should not accept ads to sell Royal Holiday Club points...

Ellis Toussier

Last edited by ellist on Sep 01, 2009 06:49 AM

Aug 23, 2011

Profeco would provide help to cancel your contract but cannot demand or require to refund your money back. Laws just protect you if you notify the resort your desire to cancel within the 5 business days from the day of purchase. I would like to help you with any legal information you may need, I have worked in the ts industry for many years and I may be able to provide reliable information. Samuel.

Samuel C.
Aug 24, 2011

And how much do YOU charge upfront for your supposed legal advice ?????

R P.
May 24, 2013

Hi guys,

My family and I were also scammed by these guys in the bahamas at the wyndham hotel and now we are trying to get our money back and to cancel this contract. The government should know and do something about these people. I have contacted royal holiday and (of course) they're no help. I've been doing some research and found out that the FTC had a lawsuit against another company from the bahamas that was doing almost the same thing as the royal holiday. I think we enough people complain, we can get them to look into this company.

I am making a list of people who'd like to file a complaint against this company too. Please contact me if you or someone you know has been scammed by these guys. Don't worry guys, I am a real person who's been scammed. I believe if we work together, our voices will be heard better, and hopefully get the government to investigate these guys :). please email me at: iqram_alli26@hotmail.com

Also, please like and share my facebook page and post your story there as well.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Beware-Royal-Holiday-Scam/127542234115118

None N.
Sep 05, 2015

Sari P.

Last edited by sarip2 on Mar 03, 2018 11:56 AM

Sep 26, 2015

Sari P.

Last edited by sarip2 on Nov 05, 2015 11:33 AM

Jan 05, 2016

Sari P.

Last edited by sarip2 on Jan 05, 2016 05:46 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.