Marriott's Ocean Pointe

Selling Ocean Pointe time shares

Sep 06, 2009

We have been investigating selling a week at Ocean Pointe- Has anyone had any succes?. We notice there are alot of them on Red Week. Upon checking E Bay there are none. It seems the only way to get rid of them is to give them away to one of the outfits who advertizes they will take your time share and get you out of paying maintenance fees. Has anyone had a good experience?

Nancy S.
Oct 15, 2009

What week do you have? Platinum weeks are easy to sell if you have the right price. One just went on Ebay for $14,750.

Robert H.
Jun 25, 2012

That's a shame. I paid $25,000 each for two oceanfronts. I thought that was a good price, since Marriott was asking in the $50,000's. But the economy is hurting and I've seen them offered as low as $10,000.

Irvin K.
Jun 28, 2012

They are now seeling at $6000 for platinum $1500 for silver Swason

Christopher K.
Jun 29, 2012

Where are they selling for 6,000? I'd like to pick another one up at that price. Robert

Robert H.
Sep 02, 2012

Yes,

You can sell if you price it right, I just got my offer accepted and marriott did not excercise thier right to buy at $10,500 Ocean Front unit with Platnium week. It is relative Value based on current conditions.

N B.
Oct 20, 2012

no...thats about it. most timeshares have no value. you can usually get $1000.-$3000. for a 2 bedroom marriott property in florida if its on the ocean. probably best bet would be on e-bay. if you list it with a timeshare company do not give them cash up front. they will promise you the moon. always ask them to see sold listings. if they do they won't tell you the selling price cause they will say its private or they can't by law. funny when you sell your house anyone can find that information real quick. i own a 2 bedroom unit in the summer at ocean point for about 12 years. i keep a eye on the value. my sister might be interested if its in the summer. she only wanted to pay around $1500. good luck. fdchas@sbcglobal.net

Chuck G.
Oct 20, 2012

i stand corrected. ocean point is worth about 3-$5000. inland is 1-$3000. just noticed your posting date. sorry

Chuck G.
Oct 21, 2012

Silver weeks sell for $2000- $3000 I have potential buyers

nancys104 wrote:
We have been investigating selling a week at Ocean Pointe- Has anyone had any succes?. We notice there are alot of them on Red Week. Upon checking E Bay there are none. It seems the only way to get rid of them is to give them away to one of the outfits who advertizes they will take your time share and get you out of paying maintenance fees. Has anyone had a good experience?

Christopher K.
Dec 11, 2012

What is the price for a 2/2 Oceanfront unit to sell week # 23 ? Please advice and it is worth it to keep it and rent it for the summer? How easy it is to rent the week an the cost to find a Co to rent it for you . ? Thanks

Elena B.
Dec 29, 2012

Just bought at OP. It's a;; about competitive pricing. Too low and the buyer thinks it's a scam and too high and the buyer think the seller is on some trip. Bottom line, the market sets the price- research ebay, redweek and TUGs and compare prices before going on Redweek and posting your futur price. Good luck

Elvis E.
Mar 11, 2013

marriott has a buy-back program, call them and ask. you don't make any money but you won't have any more maintenance fees

Carol gluck G.
Mar 11, 2013

Silver and Gold weeks go for about $2000. I have several clients that I negotiated that price. Platinum weeks about $9500 for resales

Chris at Lifetimeleisure.net

Christopher K.
Oct 08, 2013

From first hand experience, I know that ocean pointe 2 bedroom ocean side platinum closed for $7000 in June, 2011 and fall, 2013.

Linda M.
Oct 12, 2013

Marriott is not buying any of these timeshares back. The only way that they will buy them back is if they have a buyer, and they are not selling weeks anymore, just points now. Another lie told by Marriott when we purchased.

Gerald W.
Jan 30, 2014

we are considering buying OF Platinum weeks in Ocean Pointe but first would like to know the annual maintenance fees per week. Why does it appear that some of the weeks are sold by specific week? Can you buy weeks that can be booked anytime during the Platinum season? Thank You

Judith R.
Sep 22, 2014

You can purchase floating weeks by season (platinum, gold, etc). Annual maintenance fees are approx. $1,250 and $1,450 if you wish to be included in the exchange program.

Kevin D.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.